TZER

Reaction score
I bet most of you have noticed this happening at times. Early on in my Tottenham save I noticed Man City buying a ton of players for exorbitant sums of money. The regular budget you get when you start with Man City - if I'm not mistaken - is around 12 million and could at tops go up to around 20 in the first transfer window. The AI controlling Man City on my save just bought players for at least 70m and that's not counting all the additional payments they have on some of those transfers.

How is this even possible? Man City is heavily in debt, so where does this dream money come from. They just bought up a few of the players I had interest in, which really sucks. All of this during the first transfer window, which made it impossible for me to compete because I don't have that kind of money to play around with.

This dream money comes from their owner who has a bottomless pit of cash. When you are manager you can ask to increase your budget 2 sometimes 3 times in the first window and he will.

If the game mechanic works like that, I'm surprised these teams have any debt at all? If their chairman/owner can dish out any number of millions then why not just wipe the debt clean? haha

City don't have any debt, so I don't really know what you're talking about. Also when you start with them the budget you get is much much bigger than 12m, it is indeed more like 70m after adjusting the wage budget across.

Man City is one of the Exceptions due to them having a sugar daddy foreground. Never seen Debts being repaid early however Sugar Daddys usually wipe operating debts clean at the end of the season

City don't have any debt, so I don't really know what you're talking about. Also when you start with them the budget you get is much much bigger than 12m, it is indeed more like 70m after adjusting the wage budget across.

My bad, meant Man Utd (Confusing with 2 teams with a similar name haha). They have a debt over their total value.

never seen united buy loads in the first season.. usually french u18s that develop into 'world class' league 1 players;)