Aido's 4-1-2-2-1 Unbeaten for 32 games and counting with Newcastle

Aido10

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post but as I have finally managed to create a tactic which is bringing success after many many months of struggling to get a balance between attack and defence, I thought I would share my experience.View attachment 330404

I am currently in my second season, after tweaking this tactic mid way through the first season, and experiencing the best sort of form I managed since playing 2013. The tactic has only been tested with Newcastle but I plan to test with other teams as soon as I finish the current season. I want to see if I can win all competitions this year now that I think the tactic tweaks are complete.

To give you a summary of how this has evolved.

First Season

I started by getting rid of all my fringe first team players - simpson, guiterrez, perch, williamsom, ryan taylor, ameobi and brought in will hughes, wellington nem and stevan jovetic.

I started with a basic 4-1-2-2-1 formation with the wingers sticking to the byline and very high defensive line. Playmaker was the anchor man. I tweaked this from match to match seeing what way it impacted the tactic but everytime I got into a bit of form I lost or drew a match I dominated and shouldve won.

It came to January, was doing steady, inside top 3 and doing well in the cups. Then I lost 3 games on the bounce and decided to make bigger changes to the tactic. I changed the wingers to cut inside and cross to the far post and made the fullbacks now stick to the byline. I found that my wingers were just running into deadends on the wongs and then loosing the ball which caught my high backline out a lot with the fast counter. In addition I changed my playmaker to be the AP and not the anchor man.

I also brought in wilfried bony and john stones from everton towards the end of january to cover for cisse who was away for african nations....he is an absolute scoring machine. got 15 in his first 10 games for me. (Sold gouffran and debuchy)

Anyway I went on a 10 game unbeaten run and then lost to a bottom of the league reading 2-1. I decided that the defensive line needed tweaking as once again I had conceded both from counter attacks. That so far has been the last tweak and I'm now on a 32 match un =beaten run.

See screenshots below. So far I have won the carling cup, europa league, lost the premiership on goal difference and beat madrid 4-1 to win the super cup.

Currently in November of the second season. On course to win the league, progressing in the carling cup and champs league with some impressive wins. I aim to win all 4 competitions this season.

Training and Team talks by assistant Manager. I do not use in game shouts.

I would appreciate if you could take a look, try it out and let me know what sort of results/success you guys get.

does the inside forwards needs to be right foot on the left wing and vice versa?

No, I use them as wingers who cut inside. I currently have walcott on the right mainly and ben afra on the left. I do use wellington nem on the right some times and he's left footed but doesn't seem to matter what foot they are

Ben Arfa as a natural left winger? Since when?

Anyways, I'm going to start another NUFC save and try this out. So far I have yet to come across an efficient 451 or 433 based tactic for Newcastle.

Why the **** your tactic has so much long range shots ????????

LOSC Lille 0-0 Evian
I had 26 shots, 20 long range. I was clearly favorite to win, but didn't manage to score.

Why the **** your tactic has so much long range shots ????????

LOSC Lille 0-0 Evian
I had 26 shots, 20 long range. I was clearly favorite to win, but didn't manage to score.

try turning long shots off on the bwm and the wingers. I don't have that problem with my save, they generally work the ball into the box before scoring. getting about 3-5 ccc every game at the min

I've played another 12 matches of the season. Won 11, drew 1. Scored 33, conceded 7 (3 in one game) and kept 9 clean sheets. currently 7 in a row. In 20 league games I have only conceded 6 goals all season and 3 were in the same game when I was 4-0 up.

"Great" tactic haha, playing with Man Utd, have done exactly as it says here! Newcastle away, lost 4-1!!! 0 clear cut chances! And Ive bough Sandro for the CDM role and Fellaini for the RCM, Rooney - RvP - Valencia and ****!

"Great" tactic haha, playing with Man Utd, have done exactly as it says here! Newcastle away, lost 4-1!!! 0 clear cut chances! And Ive bough Sandro for the CDM role and Fellaini for the RCM, Rooney - RvP - Valencia and ****!

If it didn't work for you then suggest how to improve it, or adjust it to work for you yourself if your capable. Where is the link to your unbeaten tactic?

1 game??