Aiming for the title ! My Napoli story

sonos

Reaction score
I'm training Napoli and my goal is to win the title in the 4th season. I finished 7h last season, and i'm know in 10th (the season is going bad as u can notice). As i said on my other threads, i have a bunch of nice players,altough the team is still a little weak and i have the all day a week injured van der vaart and the goalless vagner love, that are starting to put me in a state of madness. At the moment i'm in the winter break, and managed to buy malouda, mata and cicinho. Sold rivas to sevilla by 8M and the AMR wonderkid Giuliano for 25M to Milan. The board as left me with 20M for a last winter transfer. I really expect to improve my classification in a short period time.
Next season i'll try to be a chalenger of the tilte, and won it in the 4th, worst scenario 5th season.
Hope u guys keep up with me, and if so i can post some screenshots to show the team career until the wanted goal, this will surelly be my last game before FM 2010.
So, hope to see u around with some hints and tips ! :) (constructive critics are welcome too)

My starting eleven at the moment is:
GK: Asenjo
RB: Cicinho
LB: Mathieu
CB: David Luíz
CB: Santacroce
DM: Bolzoni
AMC: Van der Vaart / Juan Manuel Mata
AML: Malouda
AMR: Todorov
ST: Aquino
ST: Vagner Love / Lavezzi

Btw, with the sell of giuliano i'm im need of a right winger, and i'm lookin to bid for Obertan, i think it's the best option...

Keep up! :D i'll keep u posted

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Btw, with the sell of giuliano i'm im need of a right winger, and i'm lookin to bid for Obertan, i think it's the best option...

the player has to be european, because i have already the 2 non EU players per season...
any tip on the player ? it would be welcome !

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

help anyone ??

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

thanks, ur being very helpfull...

Last edited:
Gabriel Obertan is potentially 'amazing'. Problem is, his current ability is so far from where his potential lies, he'll probably never reach it. Henri Saivet is another example of that, and another French youth player to boot.

He's still a good player, and I recommend him highly as he will improve dramatically. You can usually get him for around 10mill'ish.

I assume Guardado is out of the question for you?

thats the opinion i have from obertan too, but i think he is the only option too, and theres only a week and a half for the winter window to close ..

yeh .. i tried guardado in fisrt season but he has choose liverpool if i'm right

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I'll update some screenshots later in the day to show how the lads goin'
hope the some interest in my story, beacuse this ain't the easyest chalenge ;)

in the first season the board accepted an offer from inter ..not me :\

i know straight away first season with napoli you can get a cracking deal for hamsik. i got a co own from inter of 20m cash now and any club can buy the other half for 35m lol. and inter did just that in the second season.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

oh yeh, and he stayed at my club for all the time until inter bought the other half

that's what i wanted, but they accepted the bid right away :\ only 25m

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

this is probably my worst season ever !

i can't seem to win 2 games in a row, the morale is low, the lads create loads of chances in game but our finishing is outrageous! the defenders keep gettin sent off and theres only 7 games to go, almost impossible to qualify for uefa ..

also.. aquino whom was being the only decent player this season got injured for 2 months, and vagner still cant score
something has to change, NOW!

when the season is over i'll post some screens, and i will comment the 3rd season step by step..
keep up, hope to have some feedback

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

btw.. i'm still in 10th place

I'd suggest buying Santon, though it might be too late. Laurito's cheap and amazing.

yeh ur right, santon will be impossible, couldn't buy him in the 1st because inter ask for 9m (never happened to me) and i did'nt have it :\ laurito is a machine, i was thinking to buy him, but i choose vagner love last season, and i must say that i regret this choice almost every day ..
i also need a AMR and obertan my first choice wont come because bordeux reject my 20M bid
any tip ?

u shud think about marquinhos forward for my reading team in the prem he scored more than a goal a game in all comps and he played nearly every match. he got 17 assits and 18 man of the match too if you need a finisher its him his stats dont show that side of him but he is immense, he can also play either wing

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

how much do you have to spend on the right wing and does he need to be a crosser or a pacey tricky winger

right now i have 10M .. i bought willians santana .. marquinhos is awesome, but no money they want 18M ..
for the winger subject i would like him to cross yeh .. but i love pacey winger .. any more sugestion u have ?

i wonder if you could train caner erkin to the right. he is immense on the left tho, pacey tricky and a great crosser. i think he can take free kicks aswell if i remember right

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

oh and diego buonanotte is an amazing player on the left or in the centre and i guess he wud be great on the right if trained there, cos he can finish :)

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

with my reading team 4th season i always used to be constantly rejecting 40m offers for diego b :) i accpetedc one in the second from REAL for 35m and he rejected them to stay at reading :)

tkhs those are both nice players, i'll probably try buonanotte but for the center where he plays the best
in case u remember another winger just say :)