Airdrieonians F.C. A Diamond in the Rough

October

3VNdhcP.png

We manage to secure another undefeated month and we are looking good for back to back promotions. The real highlight of the month though it to only concede 1 goal in 5 matches in the League. The squad has really come together now and I'm looking forward to the cups and being drawn against some bigger teams now to see how we are able to compete. We had the joy of travelling down to Solihull to play in the Ramsdens Cup 4th round but luckily we come away with the win and march on to the Quarter Final to keep our defence on track and will welcome Queen of the South to Airdrie.

League

Dwk2mrn.png

November

q7VEPvW.png

Contract

7XFVmvb.png

With my contract expiring at the end of the season they have finally seen fit to reward me with a new contract that will keep me at the club until 2023 now which always helps when trying to achieve the goals I've set out.

November

vcUNK2R.png

We have a nice quiet month with only 4 games and we do exactly what we need to do as we go undefeated. In the league we only managed 4 points out of 6 as the journey up to Arbroath was just too much for as and we just couldn't break them down but it was always going to be hard in the wind and rain right on the edge of the North Sea. In the cups we have managed two good victories to end make it through to the Semi Final of the Ramsdens Cup and the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

League

FdhR4RI.png

December

nZUW0qP.png

December

uRtfjYn.png

Another month undefeated as we must now look odds on favourite to be going up as champions now as we hold a 16 point lead at the top of the table over Motherwell. The only blemish was a hard fought draw down at Somerset Park in Ayr.

MuQfBhj.png

It really was a game of two halves as the first half saw us go a head twice only to be pegged back with the final on being right on the strike of half time. The second half was the complete opposite as Ayr's 2nd took the wind right out of us and we just couldn't get back into the game again after that.

League

8obKQ1D.png

January

8rGN61o.png