AI's national team selection criteria for new players?

orgolove

Reaction score
Hi there. I posted this in the general forums, but I didn't get much help.

One of my dreams has been to recreate Pele as the ultimate striker to lead the national team to victory.

So, I went ahead in the editor that was included in the game folder, created a new player with the name Pele, placed him in the lowest level English league I would be playing in (Harrogate), and started a new game. I waited for the AI to pick him in the national team.

Indeed, I did see him in the national team as one of the squad members. However, I waited for their first fixture, but Dunga did not use him at all for the first friendly.

I then tried to change this by altering his reputation to max level in the editor. I restarted the game. The same exact situation happened...

How does the game determine which players they will send out as starting players/subs? If you see a striker with nearly all 20s in his abilities, no one in their right mind would not start him.

Is there something I'm missing? How can I force the AI to start him in the national matches he's participating in?

The thing is, I don't think league is the problem because he's in the 21 man squad. But he's not starting in the first friendly of the season! What the heck, I mean the head coach chose him as a part of the squad. So why is a striker with like 20 shooting etc etc (all major striker stats), and with 200 home/current/world reputation, not being chosen to start?

Funny thing is, if I edit one of the pre-existing players that was selected for the friendly, i.e. change their name and stats, then he is still chosen to start just fine. However, I don't want to overwrite a pre-existing player, nor do I want to move him to a different team.

Thank you for your help.

Maybe holiday for a bit and come back to see if he's been capped? Not sure.

I actually waited for another friendly but it still didn't work.

I tried changing the manager's "measure player current ability"/"man management"/"attack" etc ability ratings to 20, but it still didn't make a difference. He just did NOT pick him as the striker for the actual game...

If there was a way for myself to manage both a national and a club team, then I could just do that, but the current football manager doesn't allow me to do that. Sigh.

You can manage a club and national team, just not both when you start game

Oh, I didn't know that. So it is possible? :O

But I have to get accepted, right? Even when I set my reputation to 10000, I'm not accepted into the position. Sigh...

I want to manage a lower level team but also manage the national team. Will either not work?

Hm, if I remove the nation's current manager and set the nation's reputation to 1, then will they accept me with my 10000 reputation? I've heard stories where player managers that won everything still were not accepted to the national team's position. :(

I have answered this Questions on my Thread in my sig,have a look:)