AI's national team selection criteria?

orgolove

Reaction score
Hi there.

One of my dreams has been to recreate Pele as the ultimate striker to lead the national team to victory.

So, I went ahead in the editor that was included in the game folder, created a new player with the name Pele, placed him in the lowest level English league I would be playing in (Harrogate), and started a new game. I waited for the AI to pick him in the national team.

Indeed, I did see him in the national team as one of the squad members. However, I waited for their first fixture, but Dunga did not use him at all for the first friendly.

I then tried to change this by altering his reputation to max level in the editor. I restarted the game. The same exact situation happened...

How does the game determine which players they will send out as starting players/subs? If you see a striker with nearly all 20s in his abilities, no one in their right mind would not start him.

Is there something I'm missing? How can I force the AI to start him in the national matches he's participating in?

Thank you for your help.

He might have to be playing at a higher level of football, maybe he would work at a Premiership or Brazilian top tier club

Brazil do have odd selection policies; just hope after the WC Dunga is sacked and his replacement likes your Pele

#fingerscrossed

He might have to be playing at a higher level of football, maybe he would work at a Premiership or Brazilian top tier club

Hit the nail on the head. The Brazil coach isn't going to be searching in Harrogate for a player is he ;)

If you are that desperate to get him in the team you could always create a new manager and become Brazil manager and select him.

i think its quite random. on one of my games, i saw a normal brazil team with more or less of the players that played in this wc irl, but in another saved game, ronaldo, adriano, ronaldinho etc were included (both for wc 2010).

The thing is, I don't think league is the problem because he's in the 21 man squad. But he's not starting in the first friendly of the season! What the heck, I mean the head coach chose him as a part of the squad. So why is a striker with like 20 shooting etc etc (all major striker stats), and with 200 home/current/world reputation, not being chosen to start?

Funny thing is, if I edit one of the pre-existing players that was selected for the friendly, i.e. change their name and stats, then he is still chosen to start just fine. However, I don't want to overwrite a pre-existing player, nor do I want to move him to a different team.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: