Aitor Herrera - Back In Bilbao

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1622826621262.png

AITOR HERRERA - BACK IN BILBAO

So here it is after doing 15 seasons or so in the Champions League challenge and 8 seasons with Red Star Belgrade I am going back to my FM spiritual home to manage Athletic Bilbao as one of the greatest ever newgen players - the one and only Aitor Herrera.

You all know the score by now. I can only sign Basque players or 16y/o Spaniards and the aim is to topple the big 3 in Spain and then the rest of Europe while taking Spain to glory in the continental competitions. The goal is to find the next Aitor Herrera via our youth system but the ultimate, ultimate goal multiplied by infinity is that I get a son of Aitor Herrera who is just as good!

I will be using a recently updated database which I have updated further with teams in competitions, Alaba to Real Madrid and Aguero to Barcelona etc and I should point out that because the Spanish promotion playoffs havent finished yet I have promoted Girona just on the fact that they won their first leg in the semi 3-0 lol.

Not going to do the usual club history, stadium, honours etc as I have done them so often in the past for Athletic!

Please follow and comment!!!!!​

1622827309186.png

SEASON BY SEASON RECORD

SEASONLA LIGACOPA DEL REYSUPERCOPAEUROPA LEAGUECHAMPIONS LEAGUEEUROPEAN SUPER CUP
2020-216thRunners-UpWINNERS---
2021-223rdWINNERSWINNERSWINNERS--
2022-23

Last edited:
1622841368755.png

PRE-SEASON

So here I am. Naturally I have a fair idea of what to expect upon my arrival but in the end I have actually decided to make a few little changes to what I had thought. I inherit a squad which should see us return to European football for next season but by no means are we a finished article.

I overhauled the backroom staff with the likes of Dennis Bergkamp and former Athletic president Josu Urrutia as coaches and I must have appointed about 20 new members of staff in total.

Here are my transfer dealings........

--

PLAYERS OUT

Two are leaving in January so I will announce them then but so far I have sold 2 players for a total of £5.1m. Inigo Lekue has joined Espanyol for £2.8m as I didnt need a 3rd right back in the first team while my 3rd choice keeper, Iago Herrerin, has moved to Cadiz for £2.3m.

--

PLAYERS IN

Only 1 signing was for the first team. Kevin Rodrigues joined us from our bitter rivals Real Sociedad for £1.9m to become my backup LB. The Portuguese full back is pretty quick and all round looks like a solid full back. I cant imagine there will be too many Portuguese players playing for me in this save!
rodrigues.png

Next up is 4 young prospects who are all 16y/o and ones who I am hoping to progress into the first team in the future.

Cristhian Mosquera (£3.4m), Fabio Blanco (£2.2m) and Hugo Montana (£1.8m) all joined from Valencia and I have high hopes for all 3 but Mosquera is the main man is Mosquera who was possibly the best RB in my Champions League Challenge save. They will spend the first season with the U19s but will quickly progress I hope!
mosquera.png
blanco.png
montana.png

My final signing so far was that of a prospect keeper as I brought in Ivan Martinez from Osasuna and he will play in my B team until a spot opens up for him.
martinez.png

I tried to get Javi Martinez on a free transfer but he joined PSG instead and that is that!

--

SQUAD

In goal Unai Simon is a key player while my back four of Capa, Martinez, Yeray and Yuri are certainly capable. In midfiield I have slight question marks as I am going to give a chance to young CM Oihan Sancet and he will partner Dani Garcia. The veteran Raul Garcia will be my AMC, while club legend Iker Muniain will be LW and I have decided to promote Nico Williams to the first team squad to be my RW. It may be a tad too early for him but he has a huge future ahead of him and O hope he can repay the faith that I have in him.

His brother, Inaki Williams, will be my striker.

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

Develop the youngsters and qualify for European football - simples!!!!​

1622878675335.png

SEPTEMBER

mallorca.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa (De Marcos), Yeray, Nunez, Rodrigues, Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia, Muniain*, I.Williams

As far as opening day victories go this one was pretty special as we were amazing. Muniain was in inspired form as he scored 1 and assisted 3 while Inaki Williams scored a brace including a 25 yard rocket. Just a shame that we conceded late on after Vencedor missed an interception.

--

granada.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray (Martinez), Nunez, Rodrigues, Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet (Vesga), Gomez (Berenguer), Raul Garcia, Muniain, I.Williams*

We hit 5 goals again!!!! We were on fire in the first half even though Gomez went off injured moments after scoring but Berenguer came in and helped himself to a goal anyway.

--

levante.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Nunez*, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia, Sancet, Berenguer (N.Williams), Raul Garcia, Muniain, I.Williams

Very impressive indeed! To score 4 goals after going down to 10 men and keep a clean sheet is quite something!

--

SUMMARY

As far as starts to seasons go this has been pretty special! Granted the fixture calendar didnt give us the trickiest first 3 fixtures but to go out and score 5, 5 and then 4 with 10 men is really quite something. Inaki Williams and Iker Muniain are in top, top form and I will need to keep them fit if we are to have a successful season.

I am finding it a bit weird however as we are back in covid times and rules with 5 subs etc. Having done 2 long term saves in recent months I had forgotten about starting a save with a packed fixture list, different transfer window timetables and all the rest of it!

The transfer window closes next month but I dont intend to see any movement but I did sign a new player! 16y/o Ilias Akhomach joined us from Barcelona for £5.5m. He can play RW or as an AMC and I am delighted to bring him into the club as he was immense in my Champions League Challenge save. He goes into the first team squad and I am eager to see how he develops!
akhomach.png

There was another 16y/o Spaniard that I considered going in for but he doesnt turn 17 until next season so I will bide my time lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
INAKI WILLIAMS
INAKI.png

--

LA LIGA

SEP.png

1622882705485.png

OCTOBER

barcelona.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa (De Marcos), Yeray, Nunez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia, Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Unai Lopez (Akhomach), Muniain (Cordoba), I.Williams

This is tough to take as we were the better team throughout. They scored late on through Messi and missed a penalty in the last minute but before that they offered nothing while we just couldnt convert our chances and their keeper, Neto, got the MOM award which speaks volumes. Ilias Akhomach becomes the youngest ever Athletic player here - beating the record held by Iker Muniain previously.

--

atletico.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, N.Williams (Gomez), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain, Villalibre (Akhomach)

Another narrow defeat but I can have no complaints here as we were terrible. Inaki Williams was a huge miss up front as we just couldnt get anything going. Atletico have had a nightmare start to the season so I see this as a missed opportunity.

--

sevilla.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet (Unai Lopez), N.Williams (Gomez), Raul Garcia, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

We halt the run of defeats but again this is a missed opportunity as Sevilla have also had an awful start to the season and with them being down to 10 men I thought that we would steal the victory.

--

SUMMARY

We were brought down to earth with a huge bump this month as following our superb first 3 matches against easy teams we came up against 3 of the toughest teams and failed to perform. We were unlucky against Barcelona admittedly but still lost but against Atletico Madrid and for the first half against Sevilla we were pretty poor.

We were missing Inaki Williams due to injury so that could be a reason behind our slump in form and hopefully we will put things right next month.

I did make another signing and yet again it is a 16y/o prospect. Martin Tejon joined from Valencia for £775,000 and even if he doesnt develop to become a leading first team player he will surely be a player for my B side in the future.
TEJON.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

LA LIGA
OCT.png

1622886686165.png

NOVEMBER

alaves.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Unai Lopez, N.Williams (I.Williams), Raul Garcia (Akhomach), Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre*

After 3 games without a win we return to winning ways with a comfortable victory over bottom side Alaves. Villalibre scored 2 and had 1 disallowed while Ilias Akhomach came off the bench to score his first goal for us and become the clubs youngest ever goalscorer.

--

sociedad.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray (Nunez), Martinez, Yuri*, Dani Garcia, Unai Lopez, N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia, Muniain, Villalibre (I.Williams) (Akhomach)

We were robbed here. They scored with their only shot on target deep into stoppage time to salvage a draw and we were made to pay for a host of missed chances. Inaki Williams came off the bench but got injured immediately and is out for another 3-4 weeks which is a massive blow.

--

elche.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa (De Marcos), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Unai Lopez (Sancet), N.Williams*, Muniain, Cordoba (Gomez), Villalibre (Akhomach)

Disappointing but at least we didnt get beat. We were forced to play without Inaki Williams and Raul Garcia here while Oihan Sancet wasnt fully match fit so we were certainly under strength but I still think that we should be beating Elche.

--

osasuna.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray*, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Vesga), N.Williams, Unai Lopez, Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre (Akhomach)

Very nice. Osasuna are one of our local rivals so to turn up at their place and beat them fairly comfortably is particularly pleasing although when they pulled it back to 2-1 I was slightly nervous!

--

SUMMARY

Things picked up this month as we were unbeaten but it wasnt all plain sailing as we struggled with injuries and had a couple of disappointing moments none more so than when we conceded a stoppage time equaliser to Real Sociedad to draw the Vasco derby. We did get two good victories against Alaves and Osasuna though which sees us lie in 5th place in the table and we are looking good.

Already we are heading into December - crazy!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YURI
yuri.png

--

LA LIGA
NOV.png

1622892600238.png

DECEMBER

cadiz.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet (Nolaskoain), N.Williams*, Unai Lopez (Akhomach), Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

What a start we made here! We surged into a 3 goal lead inside 8min to kill the game off very early on. Villalibre scored twice while Nico Williams scored for the 3rd game running and Alex Berenguer came off the bench to head in a corner with his first touch.

--

valencia.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, N.Williams (I.Williams), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Muniain*, Villalibre (Berenguer)

Valencia are above us in the table so a draw isnt too bad a result. Iker Muniain scored a wonder goal as he took the ball from inside our half, dribbled past a couple of players before chipping their keeper from 20 yards. In the week Ander Capa suffered an injury that will keep him out for 5-6 months and that is a massive loss.

--

celta.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray*, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet, N.Williams (Villalibre), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Muniain, I.Williams

We go 8 games unbeaten thanks to another quick start. Inaki Williams was restored to the starting lineup and scored in the 2nd minute before his brother set up Muniain with a beautiful long floated pass who later had a goal disallowed. Cristhian Mosquera came off the bench to make his debut here.

We have conceded 1 goal exactly in each of our last 10 games - any chance of a clean sheet?

--

real.png

Lineup - Simon*, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Nunez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Raul Garcia), N.Williams (Morcillo), Unai Lopez (Vesga), Muniain (Gomez), Villalibre

We do get a clean sheet and I am not quite sure how! To draw away to Real Madrid while losing Inaki Wiilliams and Inigo Martinez just before kick-off is a great achievement. They battered us in truth but Unai Simon was in top form and when he was beaten in the 88th minute it was ruled out for offside. Asier Villalibre had one chalked off for us too.

--

espanyol.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri, Vesga (Vencedor), Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia (Akhomach), Muniain, Villalibre*

This was a thrilling match which ended up being Asier Villalibre v Raul De Tomas and thankfully it was Villalibre who came out on top as he scored 4 goals. I am pretty angry that they scored with all 3 shots on goal that they had! Espanyol sacked their manager immediately after this match.

--

SUMMARY

We head into 2021in fine form! Our unbeaten run has now extended to 10 games yet despite that we still find ourselves outside of the Champions League places! We got some standout results this month with us beating Cadiz comfortably, somehow drawing away to Real Madrid and then coming out on top against Espanyol in a seven goal thriller.

Towards the end of the month 2 of my squad players left us to join DL Pro. Kenan Kodro (£3.3m) and Mikel Balenziaga (£1.8m) have gone to raise some funds and free up some squad space although neither made an appearance for us this season.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ASIER VILLALIBRE
VILLALIBRE.png

--

LA LIGA
DEC.png

Ah, here we are back at Bilbao. I think it would be cool if you properly introduce us new ones to Aitor Herrera. Looking at the old story doesn't help because all the pictures are removed now. Plus all the older members can chip in if they see this!

1622902470617.png

JANUARY

girona.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia, Sancet* (Vencedor), N.Williams (I.Williams), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain, Villalibre

We werent at our best here but we got the win thanks to a Villalibre penalty which takes him up to 10 goals for the season. He also had a goal disallowed.

--

Supercopa Semi-Final
barcelona.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia, Sancet (Unai Lopez), N.Williams (I.Williams*), Raul Garcia (Akhomach), Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

WOW!!!!!

We blast Barcelona away here as we score 4 past them and had 1 disallowed from Villalibre. Admittedly it was a weaker Barcelona side but we still had a job to do and we were magnificent.

--

Supercopa Final
real.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, I.Williams (N.Williams), Raul Garcia (Akhomach), Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

WE WIN THE SUPERCOPA!!!!!

Asier Villalibre was the hero as he scored both goals with a penalty and a miraculous header from 18 yards! Villalibre started the season as my backup striker and while he hasnt been amazing he does have 13 goals to his name and when everyone is fit I have a tough decision to make!

--

betis.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Nunez (Nolaskoain), Rodrigues (Berenguer), Dani Garcia, Sancet, I.Williams, Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre (N.Williams)

Pathetic. We were absolutely terrible here and not one player came out of this match with a suitable performance behind them. Maybe we celebrated the Supercopa win too much but this result ends our 11 game unbeaten run in the league.

--

Copa del Rey 3rd Round
alcoyano.png

Lineup
- Simon, Mosquera (De Marcos), Nolaskoain, Nunez, Rodrigues, Vencedor*, Unai Lopez, Morcillo, Akhomach, Berenguer (Cordoba), Villalibre (Zarraga)

I played my backups here and although the scoreline wasnt really what I wanted we got the win that our play deserved thanks to a late headed goal from Akhomach.

--

getafe.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Rodrigues (Berenguer), Dani Garcia, Sancet (Vesga), I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Akhomach), Muniain (Gomez), Villalibre (N.Williams)

For the 2nd league game in a row we put in a terrible performance and lose 2-0. I cannot put into words how listless we were and once again nobody put in a performance that they can be proud of. We need to snap out of this form quickly!

--

villarreal.png

Lineup - Simon*, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Rodrigues, Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet, I.Williams (N.Williams), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez) , Muniain, Villalibre (Akhomach)

We halt our mini run of defeats in the league with a win here but it came at a big cost as Inaki Williams got injured and will be out for 2-3 months. Muniain got the winner and they had a late goal disallowed fortunately.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round
eibar.png

Lineup
- Simon, Mosquera, Yeray (Nolaskoain), Martinez, Berenguer, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Vencedor, N.Williams (Morcillo), Unai Lopez (Akhomach), Cordoba (Gomez), Villalibre*

We sneak through here on penalties but it was far from easy against the leaders of the 2nd division. We fell behind in extra-time but managed to level quickly when Villalibre was played in and he duly finished and in the shoot-out we scored all 5 penalties while they missed their 5th.

--

mallorca.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Rodrigues (Yuri), Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

Mallorca are in the relegation positions so this is certainly 2pts dropped but it could have been worse as they had 2 goals disallowed!

--

SUMMARY

It is quite hard to evaluate this month. We started off by beating Girona thanks to a Villalibre penalty and then we went into the Super Cup and thrashed Barcelona 4-1 before beating Real Madrid in the final to claim my first trophy. Thereafter things went on a slight downward spiral as we lost our next 2 league games 2-0 before edging out Villarreal but drawing against relegation threatened Mallorca.

In the Copa del Rey my backups narrowly beat Alcoyano and we scraped past Eibar on penalties to set up a tie against Huesca.

Regarding transfers I tried to sign Gavi for £5.5m from Barcelona but he signed a new deal so he will never become Basque but I did bring in Ivan Martin on loan from Villarreal to cover the attacking midfield positions as with Inaki Williams being out for a few months it seemed like the sensible thing to do.
martin.png

If you look at the table it seems like it is going to be a tough fight to get into the Europa League never mind the Champions League as 3rd to 10th are only separated by 4pts!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
UNAI SIMON

SIMON.png

--

LA LIGA

jan.png

Ah, here we are back at Bilbao. I think it would be cool if you properly introduce us new ones to Aitor Herrera. Looking at the old story doesn't help because all the pictures are removed now. Plus all the older members can chip in if they see this!

Will do once the season is ended. Must have a 10 year period when things get deleted from the internet or something as it seems as though he has been deleted from the face of the earth!

1622917095903.png

FEBRUARY

Copa del Rey Quarter-Final
huesca.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Rodrigues, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet (Vencedor), N.Williams*, Unai Lopez (Ivan Martin), Muniain, Villalibre (Akhomach)

Into the semis we go as we comfortably beat 2nd division side Huesca.

--

levante.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

This is a tough one to take. We were the better side statistically but for 51min we were shocking and found ourselves 3-0 down. We managed to pull 2 goals back but couldnt find an equaliser. Levante are the surprise side this season and are in the Champions League places while we have 1 win in 5 in the league.

--

Copa del Rey Semi-Final 1st Leg
sevilla.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Unai Lopez), N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre (Akhomach)

They had 4 shots - we had 15 yet we were lucky to come away with a 2-1 defeat. Go figure! Raul Garcia converted a late penalty to give us a crucial away goal which we can hopefully take advantage of.

--

granada.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri*, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Vesga), N.Williams (Morcillo), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain, Villalibre (Akhomach)

Our season is in serious danger of going completely off the rails here as we fail to win here and have 3 tough fixtures coming up and we have only 1 win in 6 in the league. We are really struggling at the moment and are in danger of falling off a cliff tbh.

--

atletico.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Nunez), Sancet (Vencedor), N.Williams, Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), Muniain, Villalibre

Things are going from bad to worse. A pathetic performance and a game where we ended up with 9 men as we had 1 man sent-off and Muniain went off injured. Raul Garcia also went off injured and is out for 2-3 months. I cannot see an end to this run of form tbh.

--

1-1.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Nunez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet, N.Williams (Morcillo), Unai Lopez (Vencedor), Cordoba (Berenguer), Villalibre

Given our current run of form this is a miraculous result especially since we played nearly half an hour with 10 men. I cant say too much more than that lol.

--

SUMMARY

We are in deep trouble. 9th in the table, numerous player injuries, completely out of form with 1 league win in 8 - it aint looking good. The only saving grace is that the league is so tight that a little bit of good form could see us catapult up the leagues as it has taken us to drop 18pts out of 24 to drop down to 9th.

In the Copa del Rey we need to win at home to reach the final as we lost the first leg 2-1 away from home to Sevilla while Barcelona and Real Madrid are contesting the other tie.

My aim for the season is European football for next season and it is by no means a certainty. We need to pick up form sharpish and if the results still dont come shortly I will be forced to change the starting lineup and god forbid my formation!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

1622917032816.png

--

LA LIGA
feb.png

1622929151268.png

MARCH

Copa del Rey Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2nd.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Vencedor), N.Williams (Morcillo), Unai Lopez*, Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

I dont know where this performance came from! We reach the final by overturning our first leg deficit with Unai Lopez scoring twice and Villalibre getting the other and it could have been even better as we had 2 goals disallowed. Sevilla are without a manager though so that played into our hands.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Rodrigues, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Vencedor (Nolaskoain), N.Williams*, Unai Lopez (Akhomach), Muniain (Serrano), Villalibre

We get back on the winning trail in the league here thanks to 2 late goals from Villalibre and Akhomach. Sevilla have appointed Athletic favourite Marcelo Bielsa as their manager and this was his first game but it didnt go well for him thankfully.

--

alaves.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri*, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Akhomach), N.Williams, Unai Lopez (Vencedor), Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

Back to back wins!!! Villalibre and Yuri got the goals but we also had to rely on a little bit of luck as they had a penalty which they blazed wide. We move back into the European places with this win.

--

elche.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Nunez, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Nolaskoain), Sancet (Ivan Martin), N.Williams, Unai Lopez*, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

We win 3 games on the bounce since the opening fixtures of the season but then we scored 14 goals and it looked like we would sweep the league lol. Villalibre has now scored in each of our last 4 league games.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month!!! Having been on such a poor run of form this month was much needed as we won all 3 league fixtures to take us back into a European spot and also beat Sevilla 3-1 to claim a place in the Copa del Rey final.

What makes it most surprising is that I didnt change anything! I had Mosquera primed for coming in at RB and I was going to have a serious look at the likes of Nico Williams on the RW and maybe even consider a formation change but everything clicked this month and we strung the results together.

The youth intake was pretty decent but there was nobody to shout about,

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NICO WILLIAMS
nico.png

--

LA LIGA
MARCH.png

1622967434845.png

APRIL

sociedad.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet (Vencedor), N.Williams, Unai Lopez, Muniain (I.Williams), Villalibre*

Derby day joy as we humiliate our bitter rivals on their home turf. We were superb here with Villalibre and Nico Williams being unplayable as they scored the 5 goals between them to make it 4 wins in a row. A few weeks ago we sat in 9th place but Socieded lie there now and we are 8pts clear of them!

--

cadiz.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet (Vencedor), N.Williams (I.Williams), Unai Lopez, Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

We make it 5 wins in a row with victory here over bottom side Cadiz. The first half was a non event but we were much better in the 2nd half and could have had more as Berenguer had one disallowed and Villalibre had a penalty saved.

--

Copa del Rey Final
final.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, I.Williams (N.Williams), Unai Lopez, Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

Very disappointing. The result is one thing but the performance was unacceptable as we didnt even look like scoring a goal. A horrible performance and we got what we deserved - nothing. Nico Williams did have a late goal disallowed but it wouldnt have made a difference.

--

osasuna.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray (Nunez), Martinez, Rodrigues, Dani Garcia, Sancet, N.Williams, Unai Lopez, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre

WTF???

After 5 wins in a row in the league we lose at home to the team 18th in the league despite being a goal up with less than half an hour to play. Despicable.

--

celta.png

Lineup - Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Nunez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Sancet, N.Williams (Gomez), Unai Lopez, Muniain (Cordoba), Villalibre (I.Williams)

More dropped points in a match that we should have won. Their keeper got the MOM award and he saved a penalty from Villalibre. I have a feeling that our last 2 league results could prove to be very costly indeed!

--

0-2.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet, N.Williams (Akhomach), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre (I.Williams)

Our poor run of form continues and European football for next season is now seeming to look like an impossibility which means I am in danger of losing my job!

--

SUMMARY

For a month that started so brilliantly and held so much promise it has ended with a feeling that our season has been ruined. When we thumped Real Sociedad 5-1 away in the Vasco derby little did I think we would go on to bottle it.

We did beat Cadiz but then in the Copa del Rey final we just didnt show up and deservedly lost 2-0 and what followed were 3 home games and just 1pt taken from them. We lie in 8th place which isnt good enough for European football and basically have 6 games to save our season. We do have to play the 3 teams directly above us and I feel that we need 4 wins out of 6 to stand a chance.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ASIER VILLALIBRE
asier.png

--

LA LIGA
APR.png

1622975671851.png

MAY

valencia.png

Lineup
- Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Vencedor), Sancet (Raul Garcia), N.Williams (I.Williams), Akhomach, Muniain, Villalibre

Normally this would be a good point and the way we have been playing recently it is a great point but we need to be winning games.

--

espanyol.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos (Capa), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Sancet (Vencedor), I.Williams, Muniain*, N.Williams (Raul Garcia), Villalibre (Morcillo)

We halt the run of 4 games without a win with victory here and while I am naturally delighted with the result it was the performance that pleased me most as we played them off the park and should have scored more than the 2 that we managed.

--

draw.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos (Capa), Yeray, Martinez, Yuri (Rodrigues), Dani Garcia (Raul Garcia), Vesga, I.Williams, Muniain, N.Williams (Unai Lopez), Villalibre (Morcillo)

On one hand this is a disappointing result as Betis were one of the teams that we were chasing down and we missed a load of chances to win it late on but on the other hand Betis were the better side for the first 67min and should have been out of sight.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Simon, De Marcos, Yeray, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia, Raul Garcia, I.Williams (Akhomach*), Muniain (Berenguer), N.Williams (Unai Lopez), Villalibre

AKHOMACH TO THE RESCUE!!!!

My young attacking midfielder scored a late goal to win us the match and keep us in the hunt for a European spot next season. It was a glorious moment for the youngster and it could mean so much for the club. Unfortunately Nico Williams broke his leg and is out for 5-6 months which adds to Sancet's long term injury.

We go into the Villarreal game with loads at stake........
race.png

7th place will be good enough for the Conference League I think but if Villarreal beat us by 2 goals they will have the better head to head record. We also lose out on the head to head record against Levante while with Valencia we drew 1-1 twice so god knows what will happen if we end up level with them!

--

vill.png

Lineup
- Simon, De Marcos, Yeray*, Martinez, Yuri, Dani Garcia (Vesga), Raul Garcia (Unai Lopez), I.Williams (Morcillo), Akhomach, Muniain (Berenguer), Villalibre

I am so proud of my players here. To get a point while playing with 10 men after last weeks here Akhomach got sent-off is a great achievement and to do it after falling behind is even better. This result means 7th place is secured.

Here are how things look now......
penultimate.png

We are at home to Getafe, Valencia are away to Sevilla and Levante are at home to Real Betis who are 4th and have secured Champions League football. Real Madrid and Barcelona play each other in a title decider with Real 2pts clear!

--

phew.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Yuri (Rodrigues), Vencedor, Raul Garcia (Vesga), I.Williams (Morcillo*), Unai Lopez (Ivan Martin), Muniain, Villalibre

Jon Morcillo!!!!!!

My winger scored the late goal to lift us up into 6th position in the league. It was an awful game and I thought it was going to be one of those days when Villalibre had an effort ruled out for offside with 10min to go but Morcillo headed home a Muniain cross to win us the game and move us up one position in the table.

--

SUMMARY

I said going into the final month that we needed 4 wins - we got 3 and 3 draws so it is the same amount of points and it means we managed to salvage our season. My players worked their socks off and came through the month unscathed but by no means were we blowing teams away.

We battled hard for what we got none more so than against Villarreal when we played with 10 men for 75min and came from behind to win and we also got vital late winners against Girona and Getafe which were amazing moments.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YERAY
YERAY.png

1622979418970.png

END OF SEASON POST

This season was crazy. It was a successful one but also a disappointing one so go figure!

In the league we started off on fire with 3 comfortable wins before we lost 2 on the spin but then put together an 11 game unbeaten run and we were right in the mix for a Champions League spot however a run of just 1 win in 8 matches saw us slip down to 9th position. We needed to improve and improve we did with 5 wins on the bounce - including a superb 5-1 derby victory away to Real Sociedad - but then we collapsed again with no wins in 4.

We went into the final month of the season in 7th place and needed to claw back some points in our final 6 matches and we did that by winning 3 and drawing 3 to ****** 6th place on the final day. I was delighted to finish 6th but perversely if we had finished 7th and went into the Conference League I would have fancied our chances to win that competition next season!

We only kept 5 clean sheets in the league which is just not good enough and its a miracle given that, that we only conceded 45 overall. We were the 3rd top scorers in the league though so that is promising.

In the Copa del Rey we managed to get to the final but came unstuck against Real Madrid who defeated us 2-0 as we didnt show up for the occasion and that was a bitter disappointment.

We did win the Supercopa though as we thumped Barcelona 4-1 in the semis which was our best performance of the season before beating Real Madrid 2-1 in the final thanks to 2 goals from Asier Villalibre.

So overall 6th place in the league is acceptable - just. A cup final and a Super Cup win is good but it is a case of what might have been as we suffered badly from injuries as Capa, Inaki Williams, Oihan Sancet, Raul Garcia and Niko Williams all suffered long term injuries. I certainly expect us to do better next season both collectively and individually.

A shout out to my B team as they have won promotion to the 2nd tier and only lost 1 game all season. That is a great achievement and it is vitally important that they stay in the 2nd division as it gives my younger players a better level of play to help their development.

--

FINAL TABLE
table.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers
- Unai Simon played every match for us and did OK and had a couple of standout performances with a game against Real Madrid springing to mind. He needs to get more than 6 clean sheets for a season though!

Defenders
- Ander Capa is my best RB but he missed 6 months through injury which meant that Oscar De Marcos played and while he wasnt great there was nobody who really was! On the left Yuri was one of my better players while at CB Yeray was our most consistent performer and his partner, Inigo Martinez, was probably our most disappointing player. Unai Nunez played a fair bit while Kevin Rodrigues and Cristhian Mosquera were used sparingly.

Midfielders - Dani Garcia and Oihan Sancet were my first choice pairing. Both were pretty disappointing however Oihan Sancet is a young developing player so I can let him off but he didnt score a single goal which is pretty disappointing. Unai Vencedor and Mikel Vesga mainly made sub appearances as their backup. On the RW it was a breakthrough season for Nico Williams. He scored 13 goals and showed up some of my more senior players but he broke his leg towards the end of the season and I hope he returns fit and firing for the start of next season.

On the LW Iker Muniain had that position nailed down but he can do so much better than 8 goals and 12 assists. In the AMC position Raul Garcia and Unai Lopez shared it as Raul Garcia suffered from injuries. Unai Lopez was the better of the 2 and his 2 goals against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey semis was his highlight of the season.

I had a host of wingers who were on the bench. Jon Morcillo scored the goal to seal 6th place, Alex Berenguer, Ibai Gomez, Inigo Cordoba and young Ilias Akhomach all flitted in and out of the side and I may move one or two on in the summer.

Forwards - Inaki Williams started the season as first choice striker but he had a terrible time as I just couldnt keep him fit. Out of 46 fixtures he only started 15 and scoring 8 goals is not a bad ratio especially when you consider that he ended the season on the RW but I want him to do far better next term. Williams' injury gave Asier Villalibre the chance to shine and he had a terrific season and top scored with 27 goals. His highlights included both goals in the Supercopa final win, 4 goals against Espanyol plus a run of games in the league where he scored in 7 games in a row.

My Player of the Season
- Yeray
My Young Player of the Season - Nico Williams
Must Improve - Everyone!
Donkey of the Season - Inigo Martinez

--

SUMMER PLANS

I am going to have to evaluate everyone in the squad and see whats what. I dont envisage any major signings or any at all tbh but you never know what is out there. I will scour the country for 16y/o players and I may just sign people for my B team to give them a chance of staying up in the 2nd tier.​

1623009030015.png

PRE-SEASON

It has been a fairly quiet summer tbh and arguably we are in a weaker position squad wise than we ended the last season! 3 players from my first team squad have left and 2 more could also go as we speak but I have only signed 1 player and promoted 1 other! My hope is that my young players can only improve and my senior players can only do better!

We did make progress off the field however as we have agreed to buy the stadium as well as improve the training facilities, youth facilities and improve the youth recruitment etc.

The fixture list is not kind to us for the start of the season. We have Girona away and then we play Sevilla, Barcelona and Real Madrid so it is going to be a tough start to the season!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

The main departure is that of Yuri who I let join Barcelona for an initial £10m. He was one of my best players but his contract was going to expire at the end of the season and he wasnt interested in renewing so he was allowed to move on.

Club legend Oscar De Marcos was another who left. He played more than expected last term but at 32y/o and with his contract due to run out it was time to cash in and he left to join Galatasaray.

Ibai Gomez is the last first team member to have moved on as he joined Mainz for £2.9m. Again he was over 30 years of age and with me having a stack of wingers it was time for him to move on and he barely played last season anyway.

--

PLAYERS IN

I say players but it is just the one! Apart from a few youngsters for the U19s and a couple for the B team I have only brought in one player for the first team and it is the replacement for Yuri. Aihen Munoz is his name and he joins us from Real Sociedad for £4.1m. I was all set to play Berenguer as my LB but I put in a cheeky bid for Munoz and it was accepted! He is 23y/o and if he kicks on and develops well we will have a decent LB on our hands - it is up to him!
munoz.png

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

Nico Serrano has been promoted to the first team squad to act as cover on both wing positions and up front. I have seen him kick on and be a good player in other saves so it is a big season for him to take his chance. I do have 2 players under the subject of transfer bids but I am unsure if I will go through with them so we shall see what happens in the next post.

The CM position is up for grabs as is AMC and I have a huge decision about where I play Inaki Williams! He is probably my best striker but Villalibre scored 27 last season so it will be harsh to drop him but Inaki is also my best RW but his brother Nico Williams performed admirably there so I have a tough decision to make.

As for season aims a top 6 finish is a must but in reality I want to qualify for the Champions League. I want to give the Europa League a right good go and feel we need to challenge for that and anything else is a bonus!

1623077053325.png

AUGUST

girona.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz*, Vencedor (Vesga), Sancet (Unai Lopez), Akhomach, Raul Garcia, Muniain (Berenguer), I.Williams

We got off to the perfect start here when Raul Garcia headed home in the first minute and it was his shot that was redirected in by Inaki Williams for our 2nd goal and he wasnt done yet as my most experienced player duly got sent-off! An eventful start to the season from him!

--

sevilla.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz (Rodrigues), Vencedor, Sancet, Morcillo (Villalibre), Unai Lopez*, Muniain (Serrano), I.Williams

I am not going to get too excited as we started last season on fire and we have 2 nightmare fixtures upcoming but this was a great performance - especially in the first half. We looked like that we were going to score every time we went forward and it is just a pity that we didnt add to the scoreline in the 2nd half.

--

barcelona.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Rodrigues, Vencedor, Sancet, Morcillo (Villalibre), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Muniain (Berenguer), I.Williams

We more than deserved our point here as we matched Barcelona all the way and we should have won the game as Asier Villalibre had a penalty saved midway through the 2nd half.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our start to the season. Sure we started last season well before struggling but somehow it seems different this time. We beat Girona away before thumping Sevilla at home and we then were unlucky not to defeat Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Real Madrid are up next so we shall see if we can emerge unbeaten from our opening 4 games which will be some feat!

In the Europa League we have been drawn alongside Sporting Lisbon, Gent and Zorya so I fully expect us to qualify from that group.

Regarding transfers I loaned out Inigo Cordoba so he could get regular first team football and I had planned to sell Dani Garcia but he rejected a £6m move to Sporting Lisbon but then Vesga requested a transfer so I went along with that and sold him to Wolfsburg for an initial £5.75m. I didnt bring in anyone though.

I just realised that my C team got promotion to the bottom tier in Spanish football so we now have 3 teams spread across the leagues in Spain which is just crazy!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AIHEN MUNOZ
aihen.png

--

LA LIGA
aug.png

1623087481204.png

SEPTEMBER

real.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Dani Garcia), Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez, Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre (Akhomach)

Given our recent form and performances I fancied our chances here but defensively we were shocking and allowed the ***** that is Harry Kane to score a hat-trick. Oihan Sancet finally got his first goal for me but I am disappointed with the manner of this defeat.

--

UEFA Europa League Group G
gent.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray*, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Dani Garcia), Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre (Akhomach)

Job done. Not the best of performances and we got a lucky goal but a win is a win and it marks our return to European football. Villalibre had a goal disallowed just before we took the lead as it goes.

--

elche.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz*, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre

Not bad. We should have scored more and had to rely on a penalty won by Yeray and converted by Villalibre to get the 3pts but crucially we kept a clean sheet - 2 in a row!!!!!

--

levante.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams*, Unai Lopez, Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre

A wonderful performance and result. Levante finished just above us last season and were the surprise package but we humiliated them here and whats more we scored some terrific goals with Villalibre chipping the keeper from 25 yards being my highlight. Another clean sheet!

--

villarreal.png

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez*, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet (Dani Garcia), I.Williams (Akhomach), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre

Yet another clean sheet! We deserved to win here and thought we had with 8min to go when Berenguer finished from a tight angle but it was disallowed for offside unfortunately.

--

sporting.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams* (Akhomach), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre

Clean sheet after clean sheet after clean sheet! We had 6 all season last term and have that many already this term. This win means we take charge of the group and we should go onto win it so I will play some of my youngsters in our remaining games like Akhomach and Mosquera plus give game time to the likes of Nunez.

--

SUMMARY

We started this month with a disappointing defeat to Real Madrid but we responded brilliantly by not conceding a goal in our next 5 games and got some terrific results. In the league we narrowly beat Elche before thumping Levante 5-0 and then getting a creditable draw away to Villarreal while in the Europa League we beat both Gent and Sporting Lisbon to take charge of the group.

What is even more impressive is that we have started so well despite not having my best XI out there as Nico Williams and Iker Muniain are still suffering from injuries. Unai Vencedor has settled into the CM spot quite well though and Unai Lopez is keeping Raul Garcia out of the side also.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
INAKI WILLIAMS
inaki.png

--

LA LIGA
sep.png

View attachment 555341

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 555332

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Dani Garcia), Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez, Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre (Akhomach)

Given our recent form and performances I fancied our chances here but defensively we were shocking and allowed the ***** that is Harry Kane to score a hat-trick. Oihan Sancet finally got his first goal for me but I am disappointed with the manner of this defeat.

--

View attachment 555333

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray*, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Dani Garcia), Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre (Akhomach)

Job done. Not the best of performances and we got a lucky goal but a win is a win and it marks our return to European football. Villalibre had a goal disallowed just before we took the lead as it goes.

--

View attachment 555334

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz*, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre

Not bad. We should have scored more and had to rely on a penalty won by Yeray and converted by Villalibre to get the 3pts but crucially we kept a clean sheet - 2 in a row!!!!!

--

View attachment 555336

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams*, Unai Lopez, Berenguer (Morcillo), Villalibre

A wonderful performance and result. Levante finished just above us last season and were the surprise package but we humiliated them here and whats more we scored some terrific goals with Villalibre chipping the keeper from 25 yards being my highlight. Another clean sheet!

--

View attachment 555337

Lineup - Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez*, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet (Dani Garcia), I.Williams (Akhomach), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre

Yet another clean sheet! We deserved to win here and thought we had with 8min to go when Berenguer finished from a tight angle but it was disallowed for offside unfortunately.

--

View attachment 555338

Lineup - Simon, Capa (Mosquera), Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams* (Akhomach), Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre

Clean sheet after clean sheet after clean sheet! We had 6 all season last term and have that many already this term. This win means we take charge of the group and we should go onto win it so I will play some of my youngsters in our remaining games like Akhomach and Mosquera plus give game time to the likes of Nunez.

--

SUMMARY

We started this month with a disappointing defeat to Real Madrid but we responded brilliantly by not conceding a goal in our next 5 games and got some terrific results. In the league we narrowly beat Elche before thumping Levante 5-0 and then getting a creditable draw away to Villarreal while in the Europa League we beat both Gent and Sporting Lisbon to take charge of the group.

What is even more impressive is that we have started so well despite not having my best XI out there as Nico Williams and Iker Muniain are still suffering from injuries. Unai Vencedor has settled into the CM spot quite well though and Unai Lopez is keeping Raul Garcia out of the side also.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
INAKI WILLIAMS
View attachment 555340

--

LA LIGA
View attachment 555339
so anyways what the **** is going on at barcelona did messi leave and make this team look like an punching beater

1623094097616.png

OCTOBER

mallorca.png

Lineup
- Simon, Capa, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet (Dani Garcia), I.Williams*, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer (Muniain), Villalibre

Another comfortable victory and another clean sheet! Inaki Williams struck twice and he is scoring plenty from the RW at the minute so Nico Williams may struggle to get back into the side at this rate! Villalibre had a 2nd minute goal ruled out for offside.

--

getafe.png

Lineup - Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Martinez (Nunez), Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams*, Unai Lopez, Muniain (N.Williams), Villalibre

Fantastic. We smash in 6 goals here with 6 different goalscorers and every one was a beauty! This was a tremendous performance and everything went perfectly and it was nice to see Nico Williams return to the football field after his long term injury.

--

zorya.png

Lineup - Simon*, Mosquera, Nunez, Nolaskoain, Rodrigues, Dani Garcia, Raul Garcia, N.Williams (Morcillo), Zarraga, Berenguer (Serrano), Villalibre (Akhomach)

Very disappointing. We barely looked like scoring a goal - even against 10 men - and it leaves me wondering if my backups are at the required level when thrown in. They were the better side and we were fortunate to get a point. 8 clean sheets in a rownow in all competitions.

--

zaragoza.png

Lineup - Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Raul Garcia), Sancet (N.Williams), I.Williams*, Unai Lopez, Muniain, Villalibre

For 72min everything was going wrong. We were a goal down and struggling to break down 10 men so I changed things. I took off Sancet and moved Inaki Williams alongside Villalibre up front and went with a 4-1-3-2 formation with a very attacking mentality and it worked. Villalibre tucked away a penalty, Raul Garcia scored with his first touch and Inaki Williams grabbed 2 in 2min to make it comfortable.

--

huesca.png

Lineup - Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor, Sancet, I.Williams, Unai Lopez (Raul Garcia), Berenguer, Villalibre (N.Williams)

Ouch! I didnt see this result coming. We took the lead and everything was fine but we end up losing thanks to a Sandro double. A bad day at the office ends our 6 game unbeaten run in the league. This defeat ends our 14 game unbeaten run away from home in the league which is pretty incredible.

--

betis.png

Lineup - Simon, Mosquera, Yeray, Martinez, Munoz, Vencedor (Dani Garcia), Sancet (Raul Garcia), I.Williams, Unai Lopez, Berenguer (Muniain), Villalibre*

I am overjoyed with this victory. Off the back of the Huesca result and with an away game against Atletico Madrid coming up next in the league it was imperative that we didnt lose here and we came from behind to ****** the win. Villalibre set up our equaliser before he bundled home the winner on the goal line.

--

SUMMARY

Another strong month although we did have 2 hiccups as we lost away to Huesca in the league and could only draw at home with Zorya in the Europa League - albeit with my backups. We played some terrific football at the start of the month with the highlight being our 6-0 victory over Getafe but in the next match we struggled to beat Zaragoza with the 4-1 scoreline not being a true reflection on the game and that set us up for the defeat against Huesca however we bounced back with a terrific away victory over Real Betis.

It is early days but if we continue how we are going we are looking good for a top 4 finish and a Champions League spot. Barcelona are having a nightmare of a season so that helps things greatly!

My B team is leading the 2nd division which is great and my C team are hovering around the top 6 in their division. I presume my B and C teams cant play in the same division!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
INAKI WILLIAMS
williams.png

--

LA LIGA
OCT.png