GCFCconner

Reaction score
so Im Ajax in the first season and have wrapped up the league with 6 games to go and im in the final of the dutch cup and just played my 1st leg of champions league final against bayern and won 2-0 at home.. Monir El Hamadoui has been in amazing form playing as a poacher scoring 29 in 26 league games and 33 in 36 in all competitions.. He has just requested a transfer because he wants a move to a bigger club. Now i dont know if i should accept this or not? and who/how to replace him if he leaves because it will be hard to lure a player of his quality to Ajax.

This is my team atm in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2:

GK: Vermeer
DR: Van Der Wiel / Romario
DC: Alderweireld / ooijier
DC: Vertonghen / Kara
DL: Anita / Boilesen
DMC: Kara / Fillipe Soutto / Enoh
MC: Collison / Fillipe Soutto / Enoh
MC: Eriksen / Janssen / de jong
AMC: Loderio / Eriksen / de jong
ST: El Hamadoui / Sanogo
ST: Sigborsson / de jong

So basically im wondering if reject the request is pointless? or i accept but hold out for decent money? And if i do sell him who should i look to as a replacement?

oh and lastly I've been making an alternate formation where one of the strikers is dropped back to become a second AM most probably being deployed as a trequartista. Do you think this could work?

Thanks and sorry for the long post lol just wanted to give all the details!

yeah, you could sell him. plenty of amazing young strikers who would want to join you. Including Fierro, Niang, Quintero, Doumbia even. So you should accept his transfer request. As for the formation change, yes it could work for sure, but you need to make sure you're playing the right player there..don't waste a good poacher or target man by playing him as a deep lying or trequartista.

If i was to change the formation i was thinking erick torres and siem de jong as the trequartista.. but if i can get Doumbia that would be perfect! As I would rather have that formation as a back up option not my first choice. Ive also just become manager of Ivory coast and he has done amazing for me already.

El Hamdaoui is good but you can get upwards of 8 million for him. 8 mil is a lot of money.

You could sign the well known Darwin Quintero or Christian Benitez.
Also get a decent LB like M'Bengue or Dodo because Anita and Boilesen are average at best.

Ooijer is also way too old so look for another CB