akash777

Reaction score
STORY:
Hey guys,continuing from the last two fms,I have created a 4-2-3-1.
It went really well with United over two years,with me winning everything and ending the first season on 98 points.
I only signed youngsters with them,will post screenshots soon.
After the great success with United I went to test it with Southampton and while we were second in the league and winning a lot of the matches,player ratings were terrible.
So instead of doing instant result,I went up and played a game and realised that the formation was too attacking and hence dropped the 2 cms and made it a 4-2dm-3-1 and also changed some defensive setpiece settings as we were getting done from setpieces in most games.
Anyways,the tactic has since been really good and I think its shareworthy before I start changing it even more.

PHILOSOPHY
The tactic plays a high pressure game with the aim of breaking up the oppositions attacks as high up as possible.
The defensive wingers have the edge over attacking wingers in terms of them coming back to help in defence as well provide the added pressure on the opposition fullbacks.
The false 9 aims to come deep and receive the ball since when defending,all the other 10 players are behind the ball.
He then plays it to the AP who looks to play it wide to the onrushing fullbacks or wingers.
The game is usually played down the flanks.
It is a very attacking tactic and I dont know why,no matter what I do,keeping a run of clean sheets is very hard so far in this game.
I am trying to improve that part of the tactic.

REQUIREMENTS
I have used the tactic in just classic mode and hence not used OIs.Be my guest in testing out OIs.
I left training to assistant,but if I were to take training,I usually do tactics on general training and defend setpieces on match training on a 70-30 ratio.
My advice would be to get a good assistant manager if you are playing the classic mode and not use instant result until I upload the match plans.(it basically makes sure the team plays with a rigid philosophy).

PLAYERS
GK-Best you can get
CD-I havent looked at a particular type,Vidic did well so did Evans and Lovren and Fonte.
DRL-This is the important one.Shaw and Clyne seemed very vulnerable defensively till I changed them to fullback roles but since then they have done alright.Fabio and Ben Davies were really good for United.But I think someone who is quick and has good reading of the game to intercept the passes and through balls is going to be good.,i.e,high Anticipation.
DMs-They are very attacking minded dms who also need to know how to defend and have good workrate.At United Goretzka,Fellaini,Carrick,Powell,Honda did well and at Southampton Wanyama and Schneiderlein have been good.
Wingers- They need to be hard working.They get into great goal scoring oppurtunities too.At United,Rooney,Valencia,Janujaz were great first season and Ayew and Torje were terrific too.At Southampton,Tshabalala and Simone Pepe and Ward Prowse have been terrific.
AMC-heartbeat.tends to get into great positions,i.e.,free runs with one on one shots.Kagawa was terrific,so was Janujaz,so was Rooney and so was Quintero and Hughes.For Southampton,Ramirez and Ward-Prowse have been really good.
STC-RVP was massive for United and second season Welbeck started doing really well.Hernandez didnt really do too well,Lambert has been good for Southampton.I know the striker needs to be decent in the air,but still trying to figure out what kind to play.As false 9,seems to be the best role for the teams buildup play./

LAST WORDS
Not a finished product.This is just to get it out there so that I can get opinions on how to make it better and/or help in making it better.
Will upload screens soon.
Hope you have fun.

EDIT-
Latest version on page 2.
List of achievments so far:
United-All titles over 2 years.
Southampton-Just the league if I remember correctly on the first season.
Cardiff-Treble on the the first season.
Madrid-Treble first season.
Atletico-Treble first season with them(2nd season on the save)--undefeated all season in league--only two draws.

Last edited:
Best, most consistent tactic atm. Will give you more feedback later.

Update:

Started with cardiff and results have been nothing short of terrific.
View attachment 458709View attachment 458708View attachment 458707View attachment 458706View attachment 458705

Somewhere down the line,I changed the dms to bwm-support and asked them to go forward more.
Also changed the team tackling to normal for away games.
With Cardiff,I am using these match plans for home games and away games.
Used the away shout in the last game against tottenham since they are second.
Sorry cant seem to chose the match plans to upload.
But its basically,the play to win at home and settle for draw away.But the fluidity has been changed to rigid for all cases and assistant is allowed to make subs in all cases as well.
Also in the home one,we start off with and generally play attacking instead of control as the system suggests.
Look at screenshot and just make fluidity rigid and assitant subs on the match plan screen.
home:
View attachment 458701View attachment 458700
away:
View attachment 458699View attachment 458698

WOW!!

first match cagliari-milan 4-7!!!

3 goals from BIRSA...this is a great goal!!XD

Why you have changed dm's to bwm-support? What was the reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why you have dm's to bwm-support? What was the reason?

I was seeing that by playing two registas,the players were roaming around the pitch when in attack and not doing enough defensive work to my liking.

So I thought of how I could make them work more to close down opposition midfielders and constipate the space they got,but then I was worrried the attack would suffer since I wouldnt have the 2 midfielders waiting outside for a pass when the wingers and fullbacks go outside,so I told them to got further forward so that they could contribute to the attack as well.

Since then,the dms seem to be making runs forward and have ended up scoring a few as the amc receives the ball and plays a through ball to them.

Also,I changed the moves into channels and roam from position for the amc as I felt if he stayed in his position in the middle,he could find the two midfielders on his two sides easier.Also,for some reason,the amc has starred with these instructions.

If you have been using it,I would be glad if you could provide screenshots since not a lot of people seem to be into the tactics atm,which is a shame considering how well it is doing for me.

If you are having trouble defending,I would advise you to look into who has what marking setting against corners and indirect freee kicks since thats where my goals are being conceded from.

Also setting up the attacking corners to inswinging deliveries seems really good.But make sure the corner takers are the Stay back if needed people.
Like the taker has that instruction I mean.
Edit-uploaded the cardiff version.
One may even add tight marking to team sintructions,have used it in only one game so far,so cant report back on how helpful it is.

Last edited:
My result with newly promoted Gazelec FC Ajaccio in Ligue 2. Only free transfers and second lowest salary per year in the league. Predicted to finish dead last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might try this out - I am not playing in classic mode though - Will that matter?

My result with newly promoted Gazelec FC Ajaccio in Ligue 2. Only free transfers and second lowest salary per year in the league. Predicted to finish dead last.

I see you are doing pretty **** away from home.
Which version are you using?
Did you Use the cardiff version with standard mentality away from home?

Those two games you mentioned was with first version you uploaded 4-2dm-3-1 - attacking mentality.