Obscurity

Reaction score
Al-Sadd_SC.svg

Al Sadd Sports Club (Arabic: نادي السد الرياضي‎) is a Qatari multi-sports club based in the Al Sadd district of the city of Doha. It best known for its association football team, which competes in the top level of Qatari football, the Qatar Stars League. Locally, it is known primarily by the nickname "Al Zaeem", which translates to "The Boss". The club has participation in handball, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and athletics. It is the most successful sports club in the country, and holds a national record of 61 football championships.

The origin of Al Sadd's conception began with four Qatari students whom excelled in football, but did not wish to join any of the existing football clubs. After consulting with the minister of Youth and Sports, the group, led by Nasser bin Mubarak Al Ali, founded the club on 21 October 1969 in Qatar's capital city.

In the 1989 season, they became the first Arab club side to triumph in the Asian Club Championship by defeating Al Rasheed of Iraq on an aggregate of away goals. Twenty-three years later they were once again victorious in the top regional competition, now known as the Asian Champions League, earning a spot in the FIFA Club World Cup. They finished third, becoming the first West Asian side to claim third place in the competition.

In-game:

r0sgFwz.png

calkocB.png

wdUaarz.png

R1DpaUJ.png

Squad

7L7Z2uh.png

Key Players:

JplA3uv.png

FAno0oc.png

YnFIMPU.png

Aims:

Make Al-Sadd dominant in Qatar
Make Al-Sadd dominant in Asia
Make Qatar dominant in Asia
Manage Qatar to a World Cup

I'll follow this,i love asian challenges!Good thing is that you can buy from Europe easier than the previous games.

I'll follow this,i love asian challenges!Good thing is that you can buy from Europe easier than the previous games.

Thanks Zefinho, just a shame we can only have 5 foreigners in the squad and I have 5 great foreigners already!

2013/14 Pre-Season

rp0cLeG.png

0G3g0sY.png

I joined the day after the defeat to Anderlecht and so I've only played the Sheikh Jassem Cup which is the Pre-Season Cup in Qatar, we've played some very good football so far getting into the Final of the cup, I've only brought in one player so far, a Greek by the name of Giourkas Seitaridis on a free transfer although because of our foreign players I can't register him into the squad.

September & October 2013

jDCfmrg.png

cHPQ6HO.png

A great start to the season being unbeaten and winning almost every game with some high scoring results included, Raul is ripping up the league and I hope his from continues throughout the season!

Last edited:
November & December 2013

j4ZsJvh.png

3m4qNrz.png

​A couple of losses creeping in has cost us our lead in the table, it doesn't help that Raul had 4 games without scoring but he is 36 after all!

Good angle to take at FM14, mate - even if it means you sold your soul to the Arabs!

January & February 2014

Kwu4yKs.png

Gv49hVk.png

A handful of wins sees us take control of the league with a 7 point gap, Raul is scoring more again and we've made a good start to the Champions League, life is good!

March 8th 2014 - Youth Candidates

e9ooWnb.png

hPs7ueI.png

Only one standout player and with 3 1/2* PA that's a future star Star league player!

I'll follow this, it does interest me even more you have the main man playing for you which is Raul.

I'll follow this, it does interest me even more you have the main man playing for you which is Raul.

Thanks TicTactition, in a holiday save he was playing until the ripe old age of 40 so hopefully he'll do that again.

Been a good read so far, love the layout. Will be checking back for sure!

March & April 2014

vgAv71N.png

cY7oCRe.png

1b0fi5V.png

A busy, busy couple of months and only one loss from it! Raul is getting tired and as such he's only scored 8 in the last 20 games, the goalscoring has been taken over by Mamadou Niang who's scored 11 in 7.

May 2014 - End of Season

MakviUR.png

Just Cup matches and the Champions League 2nd Round against Iranians Teraktor, I couldn't have asked for a better debut season as I now already top the Qatari Hall of Fame and our players picked up a handful of awards.

ieDaFhq.png

bSecTFW.png

WtYb8OY.png

BajWEFz.png

Squad:

hiCnXNa.png

Key Players:

0QqdHDx.png

PzRqUfZ.png

d3SZK8A.png

As I currently live and work in Qatar I've taken a keen interest in this story!

I decided to load up the Qatar leagues and start there for the unemployment challenge and took over Al Shamal in the second division. Raul's wage alone is about five times my entire wage budget!

There are not many players available and I cannot scout outside of Qatar! I don't think I am too far behind the top teams though as I had three in my Sheikh Jassim cup group, loosing one, winning one and drawing the other.

On the plus side, within the first month of the season, three of my five foreign players gained Qatari citizenship allowing me to bring in three more foreign players. (Although I can only scout the ones who are already based in Qatar!)

Really interesting, I've always liked the idea of playing in obscure leagues. Keep it up, and you've got to make sure Raul gets on your coaching staff when he retires ;)