Alan Curbishley

Robbo

Reaction score
Alan Curbishley is to leave Charlton in summer.
Claims it he is not in line to become England manager though.He was wasted at Charlton, he should join Newcastle and see what he can do with some money and half decent players with exception of Bryan Hughes, Darren Bent, and Luke Young.

I think he was doing quite respectably well at charlton nurturing people like bent , young and specially murphy who went on to tottenham. Dunno where he ll go next :|

dont see him getting the job myself, has done wonders at Charlton, but never been in europe of anything like that, i feel Allardyce and McLaren have the edge, that way

Was shocked when I heard about it,though its about time he tested his abilities elsewhere...would like to see him succeed at someone like Newcastle. Doubt he will go to England though

ajw said:
Was shocked when I heard about it,though its about time he tested his abilities elsewhere...would like to see him succeed at someone like Newcastle. Doubt he will go to England though

you were?

havent you wondered why hes been linked with so many clubs this season when he never wa sbefore?

I mean cos he's been there so long and been so loyal. And he has been linked with clubs in previous seasons anyway

About time he moved on, been at Charlton for ages and hasn't done much, just consolidated premiership status n usually end up in mid-table. Needs to try it out somewhere else.

he should not be england manager, hes won nothing and hasnt proven himself at the top

as to where he will go next, whoever gets the england jobs club will need a manager, as do newcaslte and maybe brum or brom if they are feeling brave

we will see

Gregor said:
you were?

havent you wondered why hes been linked with so many clubs this season when he never wa sbefore?

I agree with Gregor i dont see how you can be shocked i actually thought it would happen last year.

He is def in the running for some other job if he is leaving them maybe England or even Newcastle or Hearts:rolleyes:

curbishleys time was up at charlton but he did a brilliant job there.
curbs or o'niell to newcastle/middlesboro