deakz

Reaction score
View attachment 282795

After extensive talks about who the replacement of Alan Pardew would be it was clear that Mike Ashley wanted to work with someone who would be a popular appointment amongst supporters.

View attachment 282793

Ashley is keen for John Carver to stay at the club as an Assistant and the new Manager had to be comfortable working with Mike Ashley pulling the strings.

View attachment 816721

Alan Shearer was chosen ahead of a large list of candidates and was appointed Manager of Newcastle United on a 12 month contact. If he could prove himself and achieve a top half finish then he would be guaranteed a new contact at the end of the season.

Alan Shearer; "Our first challenge is going to be to ***** the squad we have available, there are some great youngsters in the squad and Mike Ashley has confirmed that we will have money to spend this summer. It is a great feeling to be back at the club at what is most certainly going to be an exciting season.

View attachment 282777

Newcastle have one of the biggest fan bases in English Football and one of the biggest capacity stadiums. The target is to get Newcastle challenging at the top of the table, although this isn't going to happen straight away.

We've got about £15 million to spend but I might just look at seeing how we can get on with what we have, maybe a loan or 2 but we will see who is available.

View attachment 282778

After looking at the board expectations it was a safe bet to stick with finishing in the top half, although personally I'll be looking to qualify for European Football through either winning a cup or through the league.

View attachment 282776

At first glance of the squad available this is what I believe to be our strongest XI. I will have another formation (4-5-1 Wide) along with the 4-1-2-1-2 as my main formations for this season.

This is my first saved game since the new patch 15.3.0 so if anyone has any suggestions for players I would be most appreciative.

View attachment 282510

Pre-Season has been impressive, a few injuries in the squad meant that everyone got a chance in the first team at different stages. We won every game and it seems that the squad have taken on well to the new tactics we will be playing this season, though it remains to be seen if we can continue this form into competitive fixtures in the BPL.

PRE SEASON RESULTS;

Gateshead 0-5 Newcastle
(Cabella x 2 & Ferreyra x 3)

RBL 0-2 Newcastle
(Cabella & Ferreyra)

Darmstadt 0-2 Newcastle
(Cabella & Perez)

Oberhausen 0-2 Newcastle
(Cabella & S.Taylor)

Uerdingen 0-3 Newcastle
(Cabella x 2 & Abeid)

Carlisle 1-7 Newcastle
(Cabella x 3, Colback, Perez, Ferreyra & Gilliead)

View attachment 282509

Remy Cabella stood out massively scoring 10 goals in 6 pre season matches and looks like the perfect SS in our new 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Our defense looked strong too with only conceding 1 goal in all 6 games.

View attachment 282508

There has been no transfer news to mention so far, we've hired some new members of backroom staff with a view to focus on nurturing the talent that we have available. Tiote & Sissoko have both been linked with moves elsewhere but I will look at doing everything I can to keep them at Newcastle as they're players that will be key members of the team this season.

August Fixtures;

Stoke vs Newcastle (BPL)
Newcastle vs Southampton (BPL)
Sheff Wed vs Newcastle (Capital One Cup 2nd Round)
Manchester Utd vs Newcastle (BPL)

View attachment 817340

With the season kicking off with a tough away trip to Stoke the pressure is on and we will be looking to get 3 points as a statement of intent for the rest of the season. Our pre season form has meant morale is high and we will be looking at the likes of Cabella, Perez & Ferreyra to continue their goalscoring form.

Will folow too...
May i suggest to take a look at Digne and Marquinhos from PSG(6m£ both,amazing defenders)

Will folow too...
May i suggest to take a look at Digne and Marquinhos from PSG(6m£ both,amazing defenders)

Thanks for the suggestion, both indeed great players but PSG want far more for both of them.

Have had had a great start to the season and it seems unlikely I'll make any signings but we shall see who becomes available.

Looking fwd to this.

Good luck with the start of the season fixtures.

View attachment 282377

View attachment 282376

In recent years the Premier League has formed with a consistent top 4 or top 6 clubs dominating the English game. Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester City & Arsenal are the only teams anyone would expect to seriously challenge for a top 4 place and it's rarely looked like anyone else could break this trend.

View attachment 282372

Even though Newcastle have suffered relegation to the Championship in recent seasons and failed to live up to the expectations placed upon them from their supporters, it doesn't stop them turning out in huge numbers every week keeping that dream alive.

With legend Alan Shearer back at the club wiser for his brief stint as caretaker in 2009 and the club in a good financial position it looks like Newcastle will be looking to break into the top 6 of the English game on a consistent basis.

View attachment 282361

View attachment 282360
Newcastle United kick off their Premier League campaign after what was a terrific pre season where many new faces looked to be settling in nicely.

Stoke City 0-1 Newcastle United
(Goalscorer: Mehdi Abeid)
View attachment 282359View attachment 282358

Newcastle United 2-0 Southampton
View attachment 282356View attachment 282355
(Goalscorers: Mehdi Abeib & Ayoze Perez)

Sheffied Wednesday 0-4 Newcastle United
View attachment 282354

Manchester United 1-0 Newcastle United
View attachment 282350View attachment 282346

League Table;
View attachment 282345

August looked on paper like it would be a tough month, but with good wins against Stoke & Southampton it has made things very exciting indeed. We are playing great football and creating a lot of chances. Taking into consideration that the only goal conceded was against Man Utd at Old Trafford in a tight contest we can be very pleased with how things have gone.

View attachment 817672
The transfer window is not far away from shutting and it looks unlikely that we will do any business. We've already a decent sized squad and considering that we're not competing in Europe I don't see any improvements are required at this time. That said, if the right player for the right price became available I would certainly consider making a move.

September Fixtures;

Arsenal (Home)
West Ham (Home)
Swansea (Away) (Capital One 2nd Round)
Q.P.R. (Away)

Great that you're not signing players for the sake of it mate, or to 'win' i.e the balantas, tielemans etc.
I've seen impressive things achieved with newcastle (and no signings) so good luck.

Great that you're not signing players for the sake of it mate, or to 'win' i.e the balantas, tielemans etc.
I've seen impressive things achieved with newcastle (and no signings) so good luck.

Thanks mate - not a fan of signing people for the sake of it... especially as the team here is so big and so many new faces who'd be hard to get rid of it's just not worth it!

Yeah I've seen a couple people say they've done well with Newcastle, fingers crossed I can too.

Agree about the Balanta's Tielmens thing, that is so ****** annoying, good to see you back mate!

View attachment 282096

View attachment 282095

View attachment 282094
Yoan Gouffran £6.5m to Olympique Marseille
Gouffran hadn't been part of the starting line-up for any of the first 4 games and was surples to requirements. As soon as I found we could get more than 3 times the amount paid for him it was an easy decision to make to sell him.

View attachment 818389

Transfer deadline day came & went without any other activity at Newcastle as we felt that we had a squad capable of a good season already. We are likely to look to move some players out in either the January window or the end of season window as the squad still feels too big. If any players become available however that can improve the starting XI then we have plenty of money to spend on the right man.

View attachment 282087
Newcastle United 3-1 Arsenal
We were brilliant against a very strong Arsenal side. We stopped them playing and they only had 1 shot on target all match. Ayoze Perez has had a brilliant start to life at Newcastle and he scored 2 goals with the other coming from todays strike partner Emmanuel Riviere.

View attachment 282081
Newcastle United 1-0 West Ham
It is a mystery how we only scored once after having 32 attempts and 17 on target. However Perez again made the difference proving very clinical in front of goal indeed. We are playing just how we wanted to at the start of the season and starting to look very difficult to beat indeed.

View attachment 282080
Swansea City 1-4 Newcastle United (Capital One Cup 3rd Round)
Jordi Amat made 2 costly mistakes in the first half both of which resulting in penalties which Papiss Cisse scored from both in his first game back from injury. Cabella scored in between the 2 penalties and made for a comfortable lead. Gomis got one back late on but then Cisse scuppered any chance of a come back with a late goal completing his hat trick.

View attachment 282079
Q.P.R 1-4 Newcastle United
Another example of how much progress we're making this season after another confident away win. Perez once in each half with Cabella & Ferreyra both also getting on the score sheet. Pundits are starting to wonder if Newcastle can keep this form up as the season goes on, but for now everyone is very happy in Newcastle.

League Table
View attachment 282078

View attachment 282071
It's been a fantastic start to the season and the team has come together very well and looking like they're up for a successful campaign. The appointment of Alan Shearer had obviously been well received by the supporters but nobody expected immediate results.

View attachment 282070View attachment 282069View attachment 282068View attachment 282067

September Fixtures;
Liverpool (Home)
West Brom (Away)
Swansea (Home)
Chelsea (Away) (Capital One 4th Round)

Great start to the season, Will follow this with great interest being an NUFC fan!

View attachment 281261

View attachment 281258

It's been a rosey start to the campaign for Newcastle who are enjoying the new style of football that Alan Shearer has brought to the club.

View attachment 820313
Newcastle United 5-0 Liverpool
With many suggesting that we wouldn't be able to keep up our good start to the season many expected us to struggle against what is a very strong Liverpool this season. We made sure the players were up for a tough game. Siem De Jong started and delivered a MOM performance getting 2 assists and a goal at the end. Liverpool didn't know what had hit them. The fans were delighted after what is by far our best performance of the season so far.

View attachment 281254
West Brom 0-2 Newcastle United
Another dominant performance and another MOM for Siem De Jong who has made a great impact since getting into the starting XI. We are already massively exceeding our expectations so far this season as West Brom failed to really cause us any problems.

View attachment 281253
Newcastle United 2-0 Swansea
After beating Swansea in the cup convincingly we were expecting them to be out for revenge, but once again we were far too strong as they never looked like scoring. Cabella & Cisse got on the score sheet for a victory that saw us go top of the table for a couple of hours until Chelsea completed their evening kick off.

View attachment 281249
Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United
We were expecting a really tough game and that's exactly what we got. Chelsea went in front when MOM Willian scored in the 34th minute, and it was Cabella who equalized in the 82nd minute before Ayoze Perez put us ahead in the 83rd minute. We then made changes for a more defensive lineup but it wasn't enough to get the win as Drogba took it to extra time. MOM Willian then scored in the second half of extra time and we didn't have enough left in the tank to bring it back again. We certainly made Chelsea work hard for this win.

League Table
View attachment 281247

Best Player
View attachment 281245
Janmaat has excelled in the right wing back role. Averaging 8.9 tackles a game in all competitions and notching up 3 assists shows that he is equally adept to going forward as well as doing a job defensively. He is someone who will certainly be a key member of this team for years to come.

View attachment 281243View attachment 281241View attachment 281239View attachment 281238

November Fixtures
Leicester City (Away)
Hull City (Home)
Manchester City (Away)

I am a Newcastle so it is good to see the Toon doing well! Just out of interest what instructions, if any do you give to your wing backs? They are both playing very well and its one area I always seem to struggle with a bit. Thanks

I am a Newcastle so it is good to see the Toon doing well! Just out of interest what instructions, if any do you give to your wing backs? They are both playing very well and its one area I always seem to struggle with a bit. Thanks

Yeah I am enjoying this save to say the least. The Wingbacks are both set to "close down more" and "run wide with ball". With them being the only wide players I think it's important they close people down and stretch play when in possession.