Reaction score

View attachment 221462
Newcastle United appoint Alan Shearer as new manager:

View attachment 221464

After a very successful player career, Alan Shearer has decided to step into the management game in the hopes of becoming the greatest English football figure of all time.
The 45 year old has been on the lookout for a job following his managerial spell at Newcastle United back in 2009 for the last 8 games of the season and the club he's played at for 10 years from 1996 to 2006 just announced on their official twitter that Alan Shearer will be the new manager.

View attachment 221463

Shearer played 303 games for Newcastle, scoring 148 goals and has also got 30 goals in 63 appearances with the English national team.

Newcastle United have been going through pretty rough times recently following Pardew's departure from the club he took to a 5th place finish in the 2011-2012 season. Shearer has also criticised his former club on multiple occasions whilst under John Carver but he seems confident in taking over the club and bringing back the glory days from the 2011-2012 season.

Last edited:
Good luck mate, hopefully you can improve on his last spell!

thanks bro, I'm planning on adding quite a bit more to this thread today so stay tuned! :) I'm hoping it'll go well though, would be sick to get alan shearer to win the premier league with newcastle as a manager!

Last edited:
thanks bro, I'm planning on adding quite a bit more to this thread to stay tuned! :) I'm hoping it'll go well though, would be sick to get alan shearer to win the premier league with newcastle as a manager!

You'd be the first English manager to win the Premier League! (Not counting old Division 1 of course :p)

Alan Shearer to meet the media at St. James' Park

View attachment 221454

Mike Ashley (Newcastle United chairman): "Welcome everyone to the official presentation of the Newcastle United manager, Alan Shearer. We've got a couple of journalists from different news sources around England who will ask a couple of questions. Let's get started here as we don't have a lot of time"

Jack Smith (BBC Sport): "Mr. Ashley, you've obviously taken a bit of a gamble by appointing Alan Shearer as the manager considering he's never managed for that long before except one spell here already which wasn't the best to say the least. Are you confident that he can turn that around and prove the fans wrong?"

"I'm very confident in Alan's abilities to lead this club to the top. He's done it as a player before, why can't he do it now as a manager? It's been quite some time now since we've really stood out as a great English team and it's time for us to get back up there and as I said, I'm very happy about the appointment of Alan and I'm 100% sure he can get us there"

Oliver Jones (The Daily Mail): "Mr. Shearer first of all welcome back to the Premier League and St. James' Park it's surely been something you've been wanting to happen for a long time. Mr. Ashley just talked about how he completely trusts you in taking the club to the next level; do you think with the squad available you'll be able to do that?"

"I'm very happy with the current squad indeed. There are couple of players who may have to go but with the transfer budget that we've got and the recent arrivals of Mbemba, Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, we really are in a strong position to finish in the top half of the table by the end of the season. The Premier League is becoming more and more competitive especially with the money put into football nowadays so it's a change from back when I was a player here but I'm very honoured to be able to come back here and hopefully do amazing things at the club."

Thomas Brown (SkySports): "Coming in with almost no managerial experience but an amazing reputation, most fans have responded in a really positive way to your appointment as the Newcastle manager. However, a couple of them are a bit worried that you won't be able to take their club to the top especially without managerial experience. What do you have to say about that?"

"Well I understand them completely. Going from a 5th place in 2011 to a bottom half finish last season there's obviously a lot of work to be done and the fans would want a man who's confident and fit for the job so I understand why they'd be worried. However, I believe that in order to be a great manager you've got to have a great relationship with your squad and that's exactly what's happening right now I've had the opportunity to talk to a few of them and they were very happy that I was the new head coach here in Newcastle so those fans should not worry too much as I firmly believe I'm the man for the job."

"This will bring an end to the press conference as time has run out. Thank you all very much for coming today and we're all very proud to have Alan here today with us as our new manager so once again congratulations to him and thank you all for your time, a new press conference will be scheduled later on during the pre-season."

Pre-season friendlies and first Premier League game

Throughout the pre-season we had a couple of games against small German teams which were warm-up games before the season started but we still managed to do well and I'm happy with the side's performances.

View attachment 221431

Conceding only 4 goals in the 6 games that we played, I feel good about the defence going into our first Premier League game of the season against Southampton away from home. This is the first time since 2009 that I will be on the sideline watching my team play since I left Newcastle 5 years ago. A couple of players stood out and I'll make sure to put them in my starting 11 throughout the season; Ayoze scored 4 goals and made 1 assist in 3 games and performed really well each game he was in. I was also really pleased with Moussa Sissoko and the entire defence who played out of their minds for these pre-season friendlies.

Going into our first game, I didn't feel like having a pre-match press conference was right, it would only just put more pressure on me and the team that I'm supposed to take back to the top. I know what those Newcastle fans are like, for 10 years I played trying to please them and play my best football. One of the biggest fanbases in England. I know that all I have to do today at St. Mary's Stadium is get a comfortable win and start the season with a blast. I think I've got a team for this fixture but Southampton are a good side and they'll be hard to break down especially at home. The pre-match talk with the players went very well though, they all seem pumped and I hope they'll carry that on to the pitch. The Premier League song is playing from the speakers of St. Mary's Stadium now, let's see what my boys can do today!

View attachment 221432

I could not dream of a better start! An emphatic 3-1 win against Southampton who played a fantastic game today but we got the better of them through 2 absolute screamers from Aleksandar Mitrovic and Cheick Tiote. They really dominated the end of the first half which discouraged the players but I told them to believe in themselves, that the media didn't believe in us and we had to prove them wrong, which we did. We get off to a flying start this season and it will give us a huge confidence boost before our next game against Stoke City in a week for the first home game of the season.

View attachment 221433

The next month only features games that we can definitely win so the Southampton win will give us a confidence boost at a very good time. I hope the squad can keep going with this form and carry it through the Premier League season. I've already got a team in mind for the next game which I think will give us even bigger chances of winning.
After the end of the game, I also had an opportunity to talk with Ronald Koeman, Southampton's manager, who told me that he really liked the kind of football we played and was really impressed by my style of football so hopefully this is the sign of better things to come. My amazing history with Newcastle goes on, see you in 2 weeks at the end of the transfer window.

View attachment 960949
Newcastle United appoint Alan Shearer as new manager:

View attachment 960943

After a very successful player career, Alan Shearer has decided to step into the management game in the hopes of becoming the greatest English football figure of all time.
The 45 year old has been on the lookout for a job following his managerial spell at Newcastle United back in 2009 for the last 8 games of the season and the club he's played at for 10 years from 1996 to 2006 just announced on their official twitter that Alan Shearer will be the new manager.

View attachment 960946

Shearer played 303 games for Newcastle, scoring 148 goals and has also got 30 goals in 63 appearances with the English national team.

Newcastle United have been going through pretty rough times recently following Pardew's departure from the club he took to a 5th place finish in the 2011-2012 season. Shearer has also criticised his former club on multiple occasions whilst under John Carver but he seems confident in taking over the club and bringing back the glory days from the 2011-2012 season.

Good luck mate
o.png

End of August: Premier League and Capital One Cup

We had a couple of games after the Southampton win, which we all did very well in.

View attachment 221361

I was extremely happy with the squad at the end of this game, a well fought victory and well deserved 3 points. We really dominated most of the game but unfortunately Jack Butland had a fantastic game for Stoke in goal; maybe I'll be taking a look at him in the future.

View attachment 221360

A very much expected victory from us, the amount of goals we scored and the fans cheering after such a good performance really brought me back to when I played for Newcastle and could just embrace St. James' Park cheers. So far, the fans seem to be extremely excited about having me on board and I feel very comfortable just like I said in the first press conference I was in. The board and Mike also told me that they were delighted with my work so far which is also encouraging and I'm hoping to continue to do well, the players seem to be really enjoying themselves.

View attachment 221359

Incredible victory again. We dominated the first and beginning of the second half but Norwich were fortunate enough to score a goal in the dying moments of the game. That result puts us 2nd in the Premier League after 3 games with 3 wins and a goal difference of +4. Chelsea are above us with a game in hand but they also have a goal difference of +10 so whatever happens against Bournemouth next game we will stay second. A very encouraging start. It was also incredible to, after so long, see my name on a Premier League award shortlist. Premier League Manager of the Month (August). Jose did well to win it and he deserved it but to see "Alan Shearer" along the names who could have won the award made me very proud. Transfer deadline day is coming up soon and it'll be a very exciting day. Let's see what happens.

Transfer deadline day

View attachment 961179

The transfer window is now over. We didn't make that many deals but managed to sell a couple of players which will help our transfer budget. Gouffran and Anita both came up to me and said "Alan look, I know that there are clubs around Europe who would to have me and would love to play me week in week out which I don't think will happen if I stay here. I'd like permission to leave". For both of them I accepted because how can I keep a player against his will. Gouffran left for Benfica in Portugal where I'm sure he'll do well at while Anita left for Southampton which is why he specifically said he wanted to go.

View attachment 221363

Ten million pounds well spent, 14 million well deserved. We managed to get great fees for certain players but also bought some as absolute bargains. Sam has been playing a couple of games and has really impressed me so far whilst Julian scored 3 goals in 4 games and he's an extremely talented young player. I can't wait for him to develop more and keep performing. The new signings have so far really payed off and I'm hoping it can continue like this, I'm extremely happy with the squad and don't see a point in making it much better yet as we're getting the results that we deserve with our current team. What hit me though is the amount of money put into football nowadays. Back when I played for Newcastle, Zidane went to Real Madrid for around 70 million euros and with that amount you could buy the best player possibly of all time. When I saw the fees for which certain players moved to England and the total amount spent, I started to really feel like I was managing in a completely different competition that I played in.

View attachment 221362

August now ends on a really good note. Good transfers, fantastic results. It's anything I'd want as a debutant manager and I'm very proud of the players. They've all thanked me for the congratulatory comments and I think my past experience with Newcastle as a player really payed off during half time talks with the players because I knew how to motivate them like my own managers motivated me. I'm hoping no one comes back injured from the international break and that we get good results throughout September.

September: Winning streak and Capital One Cup drama

Out of the 4 games that we played this month, 3 of them were against very tough opponents; Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool with the Chelsea and Liverpool games in the Premier League. I was quite stressed as this was the first time we were coming up against top 4 teams and with Chelsea hot on our tracks as we started September in 1st place, we needed results in those games. The first game of the month was against Bournemouth, where I decided to rotate the team a little bit and see where it would take us.

View attachment 221358

Georginio Wijnaldum is starting to really stand out as our star player. Scoring the winner against Stoke and now bagging a hat trick to secure the victory against Bournemouth. Since I moved him to a more central position the Dutch playmaker has been ever so present for us. Let's hope he keeps performing and does well in our next game against Chelsea.

View attachment 221356

What a win!!! I wanted us to do well against Chelsea but I never thought we would actually do so well! The fans at St. James' Park were absolutely ecstatic and cheering on for the entire game even when we went 1-0 down right before half-time. The boys turned it around beautifully and I couldn't dream of a better start to the Premier League; 5 games, 5 wins and we're top of the league. Let's carry this form on to the Capital One Cup now where we face Arsenal and once again I'll be counting on Wijnaldum to perform well and hopefully do as well as he did against Chelsea today.

View attachment 221355

I can't believe this! We come off a 3-1 win against Chelsea and now we beat Arsenal 2-1. A very hard fought victory where we played the last 35 minutes with 10 men but we were still incredible defensively and managed to even get a goal. I wanted to rotate the team as this is just the Capital One cup and Siem de Jong showed me why I should play him more often. The whole squad is on a massive high before the Liverpool game at home and we'll be hoping to once again upset the odds. I'd be satisfied with even a draw against a very tough Liverpool side and it will for sure be our biggest game of the season following the two huge games we just played.

View attachment 221354View attachment 221353

This is getting ridiculous now, how are we doing this well? I was doubted by so many people at the beginning of the season for my apparently poor managerial skills but clearly I'm proving everyone wrong and I'm loving it. Wijnaldum was the stand-out key player before, now Rolando Aarons is coming through and it's amazing. He is one **** of a youngster and I'm confident I can keep him at the club for a very long time. The boys played so well today I could not be prouder. We once again were a man down quite early on in the game but still managed to go past that and get a 3rd goal even with 10 men. Florian Thauvin is becoming a pleasant surprise, he's coming on every game for Julian Green and performing extremely well, as he demonstrated by a fantastic volley from the edge of the box to score past Mignolet. The whole crowd got up at St. James' Park and tried to get onto the field. That's how amazing this game was. Absolutely fantastic performances so far, I see no reason in improving or changing the side at all as every player that comes on and plays for this club is so passionate. I think my influence and reputation here at Newcastle really made them want to do well for this club. We're going away to Arsenal beginning of next month with 6 wins in 6 games and I'm confident we'll find a way through their defence and cause yet another upset at the Emirates Stadium. Let's hope for the best as October is not going to be easy with fixtures away to Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea in the 4th round of the Capital One Cup and a home game against Aston Villa who are a good side. We'll see what the future holds for us.

October: Streaks don't last forever

With a very tough month ahead of us, we were starting October off with a game against Arsenal. After wins against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool last month I was feeling confident. I'd heard from Graham Carr, my chief scout, that Arsenal were planning on using a different tactic against us this time and that worried me but I was confident in my players and I truly believe that we can do well against Arsenal as we're growing so much as a club. I kept the same formation and told the players that at the Emirates Stadium, no one is expected to win. No one. What we did in the Capital One Cup was absolutely outstanding and we'll have to work even harder this time to try and do the same. As the game gets underway, I'm becoming more and more nervous about the coming month.

View attachment 221343
Any streak eventually comes to an end. I'm very disappointed with the loss today but in the end it was very even and I gambled by putting up such a young side against a powerful Arsenal side. We couldn't contain Alexis Sanchez and he made us pay. I can take a lot of positives from this game and the players understood that they know that today Arsenal were just too clinical, too strong for us. This is our first loss of the season in the Premier League and I hope it will trigger a reaction and will make the players want to do better in our next game against Aston Villa.

View attachment 221342

Another defeat. That's two in a row. I've got absolutely nothing to tell the players. With our 38 shots to Villa's 8, we should have taken that game by 4 or 5 goals. Sometimes you just need luck in football and that's what Aston Villa had today. We need to change our mindset and move on from those two defeats if we want to succeed at Old Trafford in our next game. I'm confident, we've been performing really well this season and I know we're capable of getting a result against the Red Devils. Let's just hope we'll be more clinical this time.

View attachment 221341

We did it! We got back on our feet after two losses in a row and manage to get a fantastic result against Manchester United. Siem de Jong once again feels like he's trying to tell me "Alan, please put me in the first team I keep scoring goals" and he might actually get a run out in the first team in the next couple of games as Aleksandar isn't doing well at all and Ayoze just isn't performing. Our next game is against Chelsea in the Capital One Cup just 3 days after this game so let's hope the players will still be capable of something. I know Chelsea are a very strong side, they've shown that in the league. Despite that win we stay in 2nd place behind them on goal difference and they will be a very tough opponent to beat at Stamford Bridge.

View attachment 221340

This game just sums up our performances throughout this month. We get a big loss against Chelsea who had 30 minutes of magic at the beginning of the game before we got back on our feet and tried our best but it wasn't enough. Next month will be better I know it. We've got 4 games that are very winnable for us and we shouldn't have too many problems unless the players get too worked up about this month where our form dropped.

Every streak comes to an end and it had to be this month. The fans are still satisfied with our performances and I can only promise better things to come. Now that we're knocked out of the Capital One Cup we will be able to focus more on the FA Cup and the Premier League so let's hope for better and more consistent performances.

So far so good my firend ! Some wonderful results ! Don't forget to scout Mexico though ! Perhaps the new Munez expects you there !!

November: Back on form?

Following a month where our form definitely dropped a little bit without overly impacting the players, we had to get back on track with games that were easily winnable for a team of our stature. The biggest game of the month was by far the one against Everton but I think with the players roaring to get a couple of wins in following our short run of bad form we should be able to take them down. First up though we have Watford and I know how tricky they can be. They're one of those sides who you might think just got promoted and therefore won't be a threat but I know for a fact how dangerous they can be with the likes of Troy Deeney up front.

View attachment 221307

What an absolutely fantastic result! Watford showed how dangerous they were straight away and we went 1-0 down just 15 minutes into the game but the boys did really well to come back right before half-time and during the team talk I just told them "Look lads, you need to pick yourself up here. We haven't been performing to my expectations and the fans' expectations. They always make every single game that we play vibrant and amazing, I think you owe it to them to start playing better football and scoring some goals. Score one and get the win that's fine, but get the 3 points today. I know it's hard, I know that the past month has really hit you guys, but you need to get back on track. We're in 2nd place right now, just behind Chelsea we're putting pressure on them they can mess up at any time so go out there and show me what you've got I fully expect you to come back at the end of the game chanting because you played a great game and did your best and got a comfortable win alright?". And they listened and we managed to get a 4-1 victory. Couldn't have asked for a better way to get started this month. I'm starting to definitely see some players coming through and some really standing out as the players that should be on the field every single game no matter what. Our next game is against Everton at home and we need to keep this form going.

View attachment 221306

Are we going back to how we were at the beginning of the season? I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw Ayoze getting 3 goals in just the first 26 minutes. He was absolutely incredible and watching the crowd celebrate each of his goals reminded me of how the fans used to chant and scream my name when I scored here at St. James' Park. Ayoze has got a lot of potential and he's really performing well now, it's starting to build up. Julian has also been amazing this season and I praised him a lot in the post-match press conference as well as during the team talk at the end of the game. A routine victory for us really, Everton weren't having a good day today. I'll gladly take the 3 points and go into the next game feeling more confident than ever.

View attachment 221305

I've always been worried going up against Swansea in their home stadium. They have a great record there and it's always complicated to get results there. I wanted to switch some players around today and that's why Tiote wasn't in the team but Jack Colback was. Earlier this week he told me "please remove me from the transfer list, I know I can live up to your expectations and play well Alan, just give me a chance." I kept him on the transfer list but started him in this game and am I glad I did. A goal inside 3 minutes and an assist later on for Moussa in the 13th minute as we get a comfortable 2-0 win against the Swans? I could not be happier. Our form is finally going back up and the players are happier than ever. We're still in 2nd place right behind Chelsea, hopefully we're putting enough pressure on them and we'll do well in our next couple of games before the January transfer window.

View attachment 221304

This just concludes an absolutely fantastic month. What else can you ask for from your team? We scored 14 goals in 4 games and conceded only 2 and we get closer and closer to Chelsea at the top of the table. Newcastle has never started a season so well in their history and the fans have told the media and the Newcastle TV channel that they're all so happy about our current form and to be honest so am I. As a player it was always amazing to go back home after a great game where I had scored a goal and I knew that our team was on form. Doing it now as a manager I feel more confident than ever and our tactics are working perfectly. Next month will once again be a tough one but we've already got 3 signings lined up who will do very well with us once they sign in January. It'll be hard to say goodbye to a couple of players who have asked to leave but the fans will love the new signings and once again, a 4-1 win against Leicester at home is always a good result. Mitrovic is starting to showcase his talent and I'm loving that. Let's hope he can keep it up and let's also hope that Moussa keeps scoring goals for us.

Alan Shearer signs new deal with Newcastle United until June 2017

View attachment 221303

Curtis Jones (The Telegraph): "Alan, after just 3 months on the job you're already getting a contract extension at this club you love so much, you must be absolutely ecstatic?"

"Yes I am for sure. It's such an honour to be managing Newcastle United in the first place and to now know that the board is happy with my work and wants to keep me for another 2 years is absolutely fantastic. Our form has been great you know and I think so far the club has really been performing over some of the fans' expectations which is great. The players have also been really happy and I'm confident going forward with the club."

Harry Wilson (The Guardian): "Its obviously a bit early to ask you this question but since you mentioned it in a previous press conference I'll bring it up. Are you planning on signing or selling anyone during the January transfer window?"

"Obviously the past couple of months have really helped me understand where I think I need reinforcement or depth for the squad in the long-term so I believe it is necessary to sign a couple of players and we've still got quite a lot of money from the initial transfer budget which was set for us and with the sales of a couple of players already I know for a fact that we'll be able to make quality signings. I can tell you though that we've already got 3 players coming in who have already agreed personal terms with us and they will come on the 1st of January 2015 to Darsley Park to finish up certain details. I'll get going if those are the only questions you have for me, we've got practice now and I have to make my way there. Thank you all for coming I was very happy to answer all your questions and I'll see hopefully some of you in the next press conference."

December: Title contenders?

This month we needed to really make sure that we would do well. November brought us the best results of the season so far and the players are definitely happy and on form. The first game was against a Manchester City side who really seem more and more dangerous as the season goes and I was a little worried about them. Going to the Etihad is one of the toughest fixtures in any clubs' season and it was important that we got a good result against them. Being in a good place in the league before the arrival of our new signings was also really important. Pellegrini is on the verge of a sack and I know that City will be hungry for a win against us.

View attachment 221236

A fantastic effort again. We might have gone a goal down just 23 minutes into the game but we fought really hard to get this result. A bit of luck for our side too as they scored an own goal but in the end we did deserve something from this game and we got it. We could've gotten the win today but each side got lucky and in the end it reflects on how the game should've ended. The result might not be a win and get us 3 points but it's still an amazing result and we go into our next game feeling very confident for sure. Rolando is playing out of his skin and I've made sure to tell him that at the end of every single game. Next up we've got Crystal Palace and I know for sure they'll be a tough opponent even though they're in last in the Premier League; that's what will make them stronger in the end.

View attachment 221235

Absolutely unacceptable. We completely dominated the game but were just not clinical enough. From 22 shots we only got one goal and they managed to get 2 from 6 shots? Cabaye was outstanding it has to be said he scored 2 absolutely beautiful goals but I don't think the result reflects on how we played. In the end we only have ourselves to blame for this defeat and I'm hoping it will initiate a reaction for the boys to do better next game because this month is packed with games and it's going to be very hard to keep our fitness and performance levels up. Congratulations to Cabaye he managed to play very well against his old club at his old home and I know it's always hard to players to do that. Aleksandar proved me once again why he should be starting games more often and I'll definitely keep that in mind for our next game against West Ham United.

View attachment 221234

This is exactly the reaction I was hoping for. Almost nothing happened in this match but our 2 early goals inside the first 20 minutes of the game and our great defending got us a good result today. West Ham have one of the worst defences on the league and it was our opportunity to score some goals and Moussa did just that today so I'm very happy. The month is far from over as we've still got 3 games but I firmly believe in this team and I really think that we can become title contenders if we continue at this rate. The whole squad is playing well and I'm very proud of the work I've achieved here so far.

View attachment 221233

Another loss. At the end of last game I said that we could be title contenders and I think that might have just jinxed it and scared the players. We didn't have a great game and Tottenham dominated us. We came really close to getting a second goal but at White Hart Lane it's always hard. They outplayed us in every position and we can only congratulate them for a good result. Unfortunately for us we're slipping up every once in a while and Chelsea win their games week in week out. Let's just hope that those couple of bad games we've had don't make us lose our 2nd place in the Premier League. We're doing well, but it needs to be better. At this stage the fans want more and more from the team and I'm very confident, I know we're capable. I was a legend as a player and I'm determined to become the first English manager to win the Premier League, me, Alan Shearer. And it will be with Newcastle United.

View attachment 221232

Not exactly the response I was looking for but it's better than nothing. A point against our big rivals Sunderland might not please the fans but I know that we couldn't have done better. They played really well out there and we never really threatened them that much. I'm not worried about the future I know we'll turn this around and the boys will get fantastic results again, we just have to get back on our feet and do it. This game should really make the players want to do well especially because they spent the days before the game with their families and they needed motivation, which they might have gotten then but it didn't show today so I hope it will in our next game. It's the last game of 2014, we have to make it count, we have to please the fans to end this year on a good note following all the doubts that the fans had about me and the team this season. Let's hope for the best against West Brom.

View attachment 221231

That's what I'm talking about! We needed this win so badly. West Brom are all the way at the bottom of the table and the fans would have never allowed us to lose this one. We didn't. In fact we completely smashed it and got one of our most convincing wins of the season. I'm really proud of this team. All of our goal scorers today weren't older than 21 years old and it shows that the young team that we have is capable of great things. I can't wait for next year and for our new signings to have a taste of the Premier League. The first 6 months of 2015 are going to be amazing and I hope that the team knows that I have faith in them. The table looks very promising for us as well. Let's hope we can keep hold of that second place right behind Chelsea and do our best to maybe try and overtake them before the season ends.

View attachment 221229
View attachment 221230

Those tables really sum up how we're doing this season. The 3rd top goal scorer, second best player and player with most assists so far. Ayoze, Georginio and Rolando have all been doing amazing and I'm so proud of them. The season is still very long and I know they're capable of breaking records and doing even better than they already are. As a team, our goal difference is really impressive and I'm so impressed with this team. Let's hope we can keep this up next year. I really feel happy here at Newcastle and everything is going much better than I expected. My family is also really proud that I can do so well as Alan Shearer the player and now Alan Shearer the manager. Happy New Year everyone, let's hope for a great future next year and let's even aim for the title! Given where we are now, why not go for it?

January: New signings paying off, Chelsea slipping up?

We're welcoming 3 new players today, 3 players which have been long awaited for since I told the press about them a month ago. All of them have the quality to do an amazing job in the Premier League and I'm sure that they'll perform very well with Newcastle United.

View attachment 221048

People might think we've overspent for some of those players but clearly they've got no clue about football. All of these players have a great potential and Charlie has the ability to do really well in the Premier League as he's demonstrated it during his time at QPR. Let's not wait and get into our first game of 2015 which funnily enough is on the 1st of January.

View attachment 221047

The new signings weren't the best today but it was only their first game and we have to cut them some slack. It's a great victory against a Southampton side who were hungry for points and we managed to get the better of them with Rolando once again being outstanding on the field. Let's see what we can do in our next game now.

View attachment 221046

Now that is what you call an impact! We got knocked out of the Capital One Cup earlier this season so I wanted to do well in the F.A. Cup and already we're performing incredibly well! Charlie and Will were absolutely outstanding today both grabbing goals on their second game with the club, incredible. This year has so far been really good and we're looking even better than we were before with the addition of Austin, Hughes and Mendy. I can't wait for the next couple of games and see how consistent we will be for the last 6 months of the season.

View attachment 221045

It seems like we're unstoppable at the moment. Georginio once again performing so well with Charlie grabbing his third goal in 3 appearances with us so far. Great stuff. The pressure on Chelsea is enormous I've heard that Mourinho is actually freaking out at the idea that we might take the lead in the Premier League title race. Everyone doubted me at the beginning of the season and now I'm proving everyone wrong. This feels great, the club is becoming bigger and better and I can definitely see us qualifying for next year's Champions League at this rate.

View attachment 221044

We probably deserved a bit more from this game than the score suggests but a win is a win and I'm proud of the team. They never cease to amaze me and there we are marching on as we keep winning almost every game we play. I don't think any manager has ever had a start this good to his career before and it's absolutely amazing to think that I might just be the first manager to have this good of a debut season. I know that the fans didn't really want me back as a manager after my slip up in 2009 for the past 8 games of the season but hopefully this run of great results is telling them that I actually am worthy of the job.

View attachment 221043

After winning against them earlier this month, we already knew that Southampton would come back today and try to get the best out of us in this game. It's crucial for me that we do well in the F.A. Cup as it's always nice to have a nice up run when you're not a title favourite. We knocked out Manchester United to get to this round and I wasn't going to let Southampton ruin that cup run, the players weren't going to either. Charlie and Will both get another goal and Georginio looks like he might just be our best player this season. If he keeps those performances up, I'm not sure we might be able to keep him here next season. Who knows?

View attachment 221042

Another game which we just had to win. There are games like the ones against Arsenal or Manchester United where it's acceptable to not get a huge win but in games like those the fans expect it. We signed Lucas earlier this month as my scouts came back from South America and told me a huge amount of clubs were looking at him and that he was an absolute gem. In the end we only paid £8 million for him and I'm very excited about him, I can already feel that he's going to become a legend at this club. He got his first league goal of the season today which is great, we'll see if he can keep it up. Charlie with yet another goal as well it's like he just can't stop as he scores his 5th in 5 games. Pressure's on Chelsea, pressure's on...

View attachment 221041

Talk about that for a win! Earlier this month I was saying that Georginio looks like he might just be our best performer this season but Rolando was eager to prove me wrong. We get yet another huge win against Arsenal, let's hope this form continues. Arsenal had a great game today but we outplayed them and did even better. This month was by far the best we've had since the beginning of the season and we are continuing our amazing run of form now 9 games unbeaten, 8 game winning streak. As I've said in the past, streaks don't last forever so we'll have to think about that in the coming games but I'm confident in this squad.
I've just heard that we have just taken the lead in the Premier League and we're now 2 points clear of Chelsea!!! We might have a game in hand but this is incredible, all the hard work is now worth something!

PS: very sorry about signing Romero, I know he's one of those players people just sign because he's good on FM I didn't think about it while I was playing :( sorry once again I won't play him much though as Will Hughes is my priority in terms of developing players :)