Alania: A New Russian Empire Emerges

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshCrusader

Reaction score
Day One: A New Job. A New Start. A New Challenge

For some time Russian football has been on the ascendant since the collapse and disintegration of the Soviet Union, but that is only the national team is enjoying these benefits truly, the league is yet to be considered amongst Europe's elite with only the moscow teams and Zenit St.Petersburg considered championship contenders, a plight that is all too noticeable all over Europe in every league.

The recent championship victory of Rubin Kazan has seen an interest in Russian football rise rapidly, who are these upstarts who dare challenge the old guard of Russian football?

They are not alone. Today Alania Vladikavkaz Football Club announced that former Wales internationl Ryan Gwyther was to take over the reigns of the club and usher in a new era hopefully of national and international dominance.

"I am a huge fan of mixing local talent with national talent and foreign players, I refuse to allow any of my teams to become swamped with mercenaries who will only come for the big money and leave after 2 years, the Jo's & the Wagner Love's of this world aren't what Russian football need, our finest talents like Arshavin & Pavyluchenko moving abroad for glory and wealth, we need to rebuild the russian system and make sure that teams like Alania are given a fighting chance. I hope to emulate Rubin's success in the national league and also by reaching Europe and giving some of the bigger teams a fight"

January 2009. Vladikavkaz, Russia.

COLD. Very cold. Arrived here in the middle of winter, even in the Caucasus' it gets cold. Alania were based in a hotbed if not the hotbed of instability in the region, so my firts managerial job wan't just risky because I was an untested manager it was also...I might losemy head of results dont go the way the fans or chairman wants.

Their aim is promotion. Not TOO much pressure then but the set up is good here not brilliant but not poor, just averagely good. That needs to change, my career was ended by injury and I will be damned if I allow any players young or old to not have the best facilities available to them.

Ther press conference went well, laid out my plans and let the press know the usual spiel about how happy I am to be here etc and I aim to play sexy football. Whatever they wanted to hear I told them but my plans will remain secret, the club already arranged several friendlies against smaller clubs in Russia and I decided against an inter squad friendly.

My first aim at the club is to add more backroom staff as soon as possible and bring in some new faces, the club is short of true talent, a little magnificence is needed urgently.

This sounds intereting, try and add some unexpected things into the writing. ;)

Good luck.

Post Count +1

Good luck, I'll try and follow as much as I can.

Post Count +1?

Good luck, will follow as I find stories from other nations than the big three interesting:)

EDIT: Lol, my fast brains understood that already:P:D

Nice team choice different.
Good luck I will be following

Thanks everyone. Massive posts up soon regarding the first three months of my career with Alania and also some shady dealings in the background.

And time to take Alania to the top.

The friendly matches the board had set up went , well, okay, not brilliant but enough to gel my new players in with the old stable I had inherited from the previous regime.
The team needed fresh blood, not new blood, mainly fresh blood and by this I mean I needed to reshape the players I had here with some new faces, give them another option of looking at things, get them thinking that they were champions even before the first ball was kicked.

My best signinga although I wont admit that to the team or the playera are Revaz Barabadze, a young Georgian striker signed on a free & Alexey Ionov, a russian starlet signed from Zenit St. Petersburg for nearly a million British pounds equivalent, dont know what the conversion is into roubles and at the moment I'm happy to stick with British equivalent.

Interesting phone calls from 'supporters' of Alania...at 3AM! Demanding I play certain players and make them captain or they wont be happy. Now usually when a thinly veiled death threat to play the teams star players, brothers Djambulad & Georgy Bazaev in EVERY match and keep them as captain and vice captain, are usally met with but from day one I did not like the brothers Bazaev, in fact their attitude to me was that of 'Russian Arrogance', something this western devil will purge from the club.

Sold the Brothers Bazaev to rivals Krasnodar from a combined fee of £875,000. Wanted at least that per player but their whinging and bickering could not be tolerated, I relish the chance to beat them when we play Krasnodar... I would LOVE it if we beat them.

After allowing the two Bazaev's to leave Alania I received a lot of threats, some of them aimed at my wife and son. NO. I will not allow petty fools who do not know a thing about football to undermine this chance I have been forgiven, I could walk away now knowing that I left a coard or remain and rebuild Alania into something glorious, a beacon of peace in the region. My first duty was to appoint another new signing Server Jeparov as captain, an Uzbekistani international and also national captain, I felt he was the better choice contary to my overpaid assistant whom I cannot rid myself of. Coming in as his assistant was Bernie Wright, a Costa Rican defender who had limited success in Russia but was available and impressed me in the friendlies.

Friendly Results - P6 W4 D0 L2

Torpedo Armavir 1-4 Alania Vladikavkaz
Alania Vladikavkaz 1-4 Krylja Sovetov
Alania Vladikavkaz 2-3 FC Oţelul Galaţi (Romania)
Alania Vladikavkaz 3-2 FC Farul (Romania)
Stavropol 0-5 Alania Vladikavkaz
Dinamo Stavropol 2-3 Alania Vladikavkaz
All in all a not too shabby start to the pre season, the defeats by Sovetov & Oţelul provided an impetus for the team to bounce back and win and they did so with the destruction of Stavropol and the heard fought pitched battles between FC Farul & Dinamo Stavropol.

Opening day of the season drew close. And our first fixture was against SKA Khabarovsk at home in the Spartak. An average turn out of just over 8000 in a 30000 plus seater was dissapointing to say the least, you could hear the chairs rattling in the wind.

ehy878.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back