Reaction score
View attachment 335206
I've recently been enjoying a phenomenal display from Italian striker Alberto Cerri and decided I wanted to share.
For those of you who don't know him, here are his details.

Nationality: Italian
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 13 stone
DoB: April 6th 1996

When I came across him, this was his history:
View attachment 335205

I was in the market for a striker so he was a must buy. I parted with £20M up front and I'm now enjoying
having this giant leading my line.

This is his record so far this season.
View attachment 335204

And this recent run of games is what spured this post.
View attachment 335203

My tactical plan for him was to have him play centrally as an Advanced forward. His strength and anticipation made him a potent forward while I had him play in an advanced position because he lacked the pace to make the runs for deep.

Behind him I was two DLFs / Inside Forwards who he can play balls off of and; both the wide men/DLF have the play-one-two PPM meaning that thru-balls combined with Cerri's excellent anticipation means he regularly breaks the offside trap and goes one-on-one.

View attachment 335202

To counteract this aggressive formation, I've the team set up to play with a defensive mentality and to Push high up to squeeze the ball high up. Because the team is focusing on defense first, The midfield looks to cover channels before they move into attacking spaces leaving my front three the freedom to position themselves as they see fit: because there is no attacking move yet in the works.

It's very much a counter-attacking/possession system that relies on Cerri (AF) picking up the ball centrally and distributing it around to the two supporting forward, who can either play him back in centrally, or play in the onrushing WBs. And as the stats show, Cerri is excelling in this system for me and I'm expecting him to hit 35-40 goals for this season.

Last edited:
managed to get this guy on my celtic save for free and turned out to be an absolute beast. sold him the following season for 21m to hull. tried getting him on other saves but never wants to come lol