Album 2008

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Whats been your favourite albums this year so far? Worst albums? Most dissapointing? Favourite new group to emerge this year? etc.

For me the best albums been Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling closly followed by Portishead - Third. Scotlands Shame and Batcat are the highlights on THIH. On Third my favourites are Machine Gun and The Rip.

Most dissapointing by a long shot was Sigur Ros - Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust. They seem to have 'sold out' and went all indie pop now :( was really looking forward to this album as it was the first album (except from Heima which came out with the film) they were releasing since I had been into them so was excited.

Couldn't agree with you more about Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust. All their other albums have been brilliant, it was such a let down when they released that.

Hmm at the moment I can't think of anything better than The Hark is Howling. Unless we can count In Rainbows, that was sort of out this year hmmm.

May aswell have just quoted Gregor Lee...lame!

No albums have really stood out for me this year...Scouting for Girls was decent for about a week. None have stood out as particularly awful either.

May aswell have just quoted Gregor Lee...lame!

No albums have really stood out for me this year...Scouting for Girls was decent for about a week. None have stood out as particularly awful either.

Alphabeat red?

Blood Red Shoes, Johnny Foreigner, Foals, and Last Shadow Puppets albums have all been excellent....i have sigur ros....like first few songs,,,,but aint really listened 2 whole album

Dissapointed with, Kings Of leon maybs,....new album has got some cracking songs...but tails off...sounds like there making music for Marks and Spencer adverts in 2nd half.....oh and CSS as well.....new album just doesnt come close 2 their debut

i love in rainbows, rockferry and only by the night and go forth

other than that nothings really excited me, CSS second was nowhere near as good as the first which i still listen to its a good un

Yeh CSS album was nowhere enar as good as debut, still a decent album though.

Kings of Leon albums a bit meh, very imoressed with some songs such as Crawl, such a cool sound

Liked
Portishead - Third
Duffy - Rockferry

Dissapointments
Moby - Last Night

Kings of Leon albums a bit meh, very imoressed with some songs such as Crawl, such a cool sound

Yeh crawl is great....really like Closer, *** On Fire, Use Somebody and Be Somebody too....rest jst are bit boring i find

I obv loved Death Magnetic :D....was possibly one of the only albums I actually bought. Scars on Broadway's album was pretty good, though most probably haven't heard of them. I quite liked the Ministry of Sound chillout album, and Foals one was quite good as well.

The brief bits I've heard of Bloc Party's new one sounds *****, though I should give it a proper listen. Vampire Weekend were also pretty horrific.

Scouting for Girls was decent for about a week.

+( (i hope thats a sick smiley :p)