Album Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.T

Banned for being a rebel
Reaction score
Before I start my review thread will be based on personal opinion and will feature mostly UK Hip Hop/Grime and US Hip Hop/Rap albums, as these are the my favourite genrea of music. I will be choosing what to listen to but will also take requests in the form of PM (any genre) so as not to clog up this thread. So without further ado the first review will be on the last album I listened to cover to cover.

Giggs - Let Em Ave It - SN1/XL Recodings - UK Hip Hop/Grime - 85.55mins
mzi.dobzdknb.170x170-75.jpg

1. Intro
2. Hustle On
3. Look What The Cat Dragged In
4. The Way It Is
5. Bus Commercial
6. Get Your Money Up
7. Ner Ner
8. Reminiscing ft. Joe Grind & Gunna Dee
9. The Love Still There ft. Kyra
10. Little Man and Me ft. ML
11. Life
12. What More Do They Want
13. Matic ft. Gunna Dee & Y.Butch
14. Signs
15. Up, Up and Away ft. J Melo
16. Have It All
17. All I Know (Get Your Money Up Remix) ft. Nathan
18. Let Em Ave It

This was Giggler's(Giggs) 2nd Album but the first released on a major label. I hold my hands up and say that I thought the best of Giggs had been witnessed on his first album, but I was really surprised with the quality of tracks. It features the banger 'Look What The Cat Dragged In', but I think he missed a trick not including 'Don't Go There ft. B.o.B' and 'Slow Songs ft. Mike Skinner' on the album, instead they were released on a bonus disc to go with the album. The album isn't all negative either you can feel the emotions flowing in the songs 'Reminiscing' and 'Little Man and Me', the later talking about the love for his son and the former what it was like growing up with his brothers.

Best Track: Matic

Last Thought: The UK underground scene can be proud of Giggs for this release that stays true to his roots.

Rating: 8.5/10 - Must buy for fans of this genre and interesting listen for all. (H)

Purchase from: iTunes

Next Review Eminem - Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.