Alessandro Del Piero - Taking Atalanta To The Top of Europe!!!

Absolutely incredible stuff mate, can't wait to see how you get on in the CL now, should be a great challenge!

Well done on league title, as you said you beat the old lady on both fronts, but Serie A is firstly decided by head to head then 4 other factors:

1. Head-to-head records (results and points)
  2. Goal difference of head-to-head games
  3. Goal difference overall
  4. Higher number of goals scored
  5. Draw

Unbelievable stuff in that first season mate!

800px_449.JPG

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

It has been a summer of change at Atalanta as I looked to strengthen the side in a bid to regain the title although arguably you could say I have weakened it!!!!

Going into the summer armed with £10m to spend wasn't enough so I took the decision to sell one or two first teamers in an attempt to bring in some extra quality both for immediate use and for the future.

So here are the departures...………

--

PLAYERS OUT

I recouped £110m in the summer although £17.75m was for the pre-arranged deal for Franck Kessie to AC Milan - he would have been a fantastic player to have.

The main sale was the first one - Alejandro Gomez was sold to Man City for £50m. My LW was a key reason to us being so successful but he wasn't happy and the chance to take in such a big fee for a player over 30 was too good to turn down.

Marten de Roon is also gone as he joined Lazio for £25m. de Roon did well and scored the goal that sealed the title but there are better CMs out there and I got a good price. The other first teamer gone is goalkeeper Etrit Berisha who joined Stuttgart for a cut price £6.25m - Berisha was on a decent wage and was blocking Gollini from developing so I was happy to sell him.

Other players who left last season who got game time was Alberto Paloschi (£2.7m), Robin Gosens (£1.6m), Nicolas Haas (£1.2m) and Hans Hateboer (£925,000).

I also sold other players for around £5m.

--

PLAYERS IN

My biggest signing was
Lorenzo Pellegrini who came in from Roma for £25m. He is an upgrade to de Roon and at 22y/o will play a big part in the future of the club. I had actually agreed to sign Ruben Neves but his natural position was DMC so I cancelled it.
View attachment 48261

My first two signings were no strangers to the club as I paid the £17.5m to keep
Mattia Caldara at the club from his loan deal at Juventus and I gave AC Milan £10m to bring back Andrea Conti to the club and he will battle it out with Castagne for the RB spot. Both players are homegrown by the club so that is an added bonus.
View attachment 48260View attachment 48259

Kik Pierie was brought in from Heerenveen to give me extra depth both at left back and centre back. The 18y/o came in for £8.5m and hopefully he will develop into a cracking player.
View attachment 48258

3 other signings that were brought in were
Emanuel Vignato from Chievo for £4.4m, Alberto Brignoli from Juventus for £825,000 and Rok Vodisek from Olimpija on a free transfer. Vignato was a pre-arranged deal from January and the youngster should have a big future with us. Brignoli and Vodisek were brought in as 2nd and 3rd choice keepers.
View attachment 48257View attachment 48256View attachment 48255

Finally on deadline day I brought in a 3rd choice striker -
Andrea Pinamonti joined on loan from Inter Milan. The strikers I wanted were over priced so I went for a cheap option. I also brought in a regen striker, Nicolo D'Orazio from Cesena for £200,000.
View attachment 48254View attachment 48253

--

SQUAD

Gollini in goal, Conti in at RB, Pellegrini in CM and I think Kean will start as LW but he will have a competitor arriving in January. I have tried to get Kean to sign permanently but Juventus want serious moneyfor him - £70m!!!!

Obviously the key will be giving game time to Vignato, D'Amico, Pierie and Melegoni so they can continue to develop.

--

AUGUST

UEFA European Super Cup
v
Atletico Madrid 4 (Diego Costa 16, 39, Griezmann 56, 85)
Atalanta 3 (Podence 1, Coman 80, 87)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (D'Amico), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Meh - it seems we do know how to lose in a final!!! It was always going to be tough to win this especially since Pellegrini joined us the day before the game.

--

Italian Super Cup Final
v
Atalanta 2 (Kean 32, 58)
Roma 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

We win this final though!!!! Just like in last seasons cup final we beat Roma 2-0 although tbh they had the better chances but Moise Kean was on fire and his 2 goals gave us the trophy.

Last edited:
ata_milan_800px_138.JPG

SEPTEMBER
v
Atalanta 4 (Petagna 1, 63, Evander 50, Melegoni 88)
Fiorentina 2 (Inglese 31, Vitor Hugo 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander, Kean (Coman), Petagna*

Last season we kicked off the Serie A campaign against Fiorentina where we won, Petagna scored and Melegoni came off the bench to score late on and the same happened here - a good sign indeed!!!

--

v
Pescara 1 (Marilungo 67)
Atalanta 2 (Petagna 7, Ilicic 76pen)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (Vignato), Evander (Ilicic), Kean, Petagna

Not a great performance but a decent win and a vital one given our opponents in the next 5 or 6 league games. Of course the highlight was Ilicic's return from injury after 8 months out and he capped his return by scoring from the penalty spot.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
v
FC Porto 1 (Otavio 30)
Atalanta 1 (Coman 88)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander (Ilicic), Kean (Coman*), Petagna

A decent result thanks to a magnificent goal from supersub Coman as he latched onto a pass and fired in from an angle from 22 yards.

--

v
Atalanta 0
Juventus 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti*, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie (Mattiello), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Ilicic, Kean (Coman), Petagna (Pinamonti)

I am delighted with this point as we battled it out with Juve. They probably deserved a win more than us but we held on. I think that's the first nil nil draw we have been involved in.

--

v
AC Milan 1 (Bacca 54)
Atalanta 3 (Podence 17, Petagna 60, Pellegrini 63)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini*, Freuler, Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Kean (Xadas), Petagna

AMAZING!!! What a victory this is as we thrash AC Milan away and could have scored more as we missed plenty of chances and Caldara had a goal disallowed late on.

--

v
Napoli 1 (Hamsik 31)
Atalanta 2 (Petagna 45, Melegoni 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Ilicic (Evander), Kean (Coman), Petagna*

It keeps getting better and better and better and better as we follow up one great result with another as we beat Napoli here. Our winning goal was amazing as Melegoni volleyed in from the edge of the area.

--

SUMMARY

Quite possibly the best start to the season I have ever had. When the fixture list came out I was dreading the opening fixtures with Fiorentina, Juventus, AC Milan and Napoli (Roma up next!!!!)and somehow we came out of that run of fixtures unbeaten with the only points being dropped being the 2 we lost against Juventus when we drew.

Our 3-1 win away over AC Milan was the highlight although the 2-1 win away to Napoli was special, especially with the manner of the winning goal, and to think we had those games plus an away fixture against Porto to deal with.

I am so incredibly proud of my players!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA PETAGNA

View attachment 48208

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 48209

Good story. Enjoy reading all your stories you do with whatever team it is. You always seem to do well!

ata_genoa_800px_003.JPG

OCTOBER

v
Atalanta 5 (Coman 7, 58, 70, Rafa 81, Xadas 86pen)
Galatasaray 1 (Niasse 37)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie (Mattiello), Melegoni, Freuler, Rafa, Ilicic (Xadas), Kean, Coman*

Coman has started this season on fire and he helped himself to a hat-trick here as a weakened side thrash the Turkish champions.

--

v
Atalanta 3 (Rafa 5, Kean 41, Coman 78)
Roma 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa*, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna (Coman)

The run goes on as Roma are easily brushed aside here. They had a man sent-off just after we went 2up and Coman continued to be a supersub.

--

v
Empoli 0
Atalanta 3 (Rafa 10, Petagna 34, Rafael Toloi 79)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi*, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (D'Amico), Evander (Xadas), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Another game and another convincing victory. Coman didn't score though!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
v
Atalanta 3 (Coman 4, Vignato 65, D'Amico 84)
Slavia Prague 1 (Liska 13)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini (Bastoni), Pierie, Mattiello, Xadas, Melegoni, Vignato, D'Amico, Adzic*, Coman

My backups did a fine job here - especially Adzic who assisted all 3 goals.

--

v
Atalanta 6 (Petagna 8, 30, 71pen, Pellegrini 32, Manfrin og54, D'Amico 89)
Chievo 1 (Hetemaj 49)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (D'Amico), Ilicic, Kean (Adzic), Petagna*

Fantastic!!! Polar opposites met here as we are riding high and Chievo are at rock bottom and it went to form as once again we were unstoppable.

--

v
Genoa 1 (Laxalt 28)
Atalanta 2 (Rafael Toloi 36, Rafa 51)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Rafa (D'Amico), Ilicic, Kean, Petagna

--

SUMMARY

We just keep getting stronger and stronger as our dream start to the season continued this month as we won easily and by big margins in just about every game with us putting six past Chievo, 5 past Galatasaray and 4 past Slavia Prague plus 3 past Roma and Empoli.

During the month Moise Kean, Andrea Conti and Gianluca Mancini received their first caps for Italy - I have no idea how Mancini even got called up!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAFAEL TOLOI

View attachment 48151

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 48150

800px_022.JPG

NOVEMBER

v
Atalanta 3 (Petagna 39, Kean 61, D'Amico 80)
Udinese 2 (Balic 75, Lasagna 87)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Melegoni, Freuler (Vignato), Podence (D'Amico), Evander, Kean, Petagna*

We were missing 3 or 4 players here but it didn't overly affect us as we still scored 3 and got the win however the 2 late goals that we conceded were annoying.

--

v
Slavia Prague 0
Atalanta 1 (Gianetto 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Melegoni, Xadas, Vignato, D'Amico, Adzic, Coman (Gianetto*)

This was a poor match and a poor performance from ourselves but we got the win thanks to my regen striker coming off the bench to grab a goal. The win secures our progress in to the next round.

--

v
Inter Milan 1 (Joao Mario 24)
Atalanta 0

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Ilicic (D'Amico), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

This was much like the previous game but this time it was our opponents who got the goal. Our unbeaten run in the league is now over and we fall off the top of the table.

--

v
Atalanta 2 (Petagna 28, Vignato 88)
Bologna 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence (Vignato*), Ilicic (Evander), Kean, Petagna

Another occasion where one of my 2nd half subs comes on and wins the MoM award and to be fair Vignato's goal was worthy of it as he powered in a shot from the corner of the 18 yard box.

--

v
Atalanta 4 (Kean 7, Freuler 16pen, Petagna 58, Xadas 84pen)
FC Porto 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Pierie, Melegoni, Freuler, Podence*, Evander(Xadas), Kean, Petagna

This great result means that we have won the group with a match to spare and gives us an opportunity to play my youngsters in the final game with no pressure on them.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us lose for the first time domestically this season as Inter beat us 1-0. Amazingly both Juventus and Lazio are still unbeaten and we are sandwiched between them both at the top of the table.

In the Champions League we have strolled it in the group stage and have won the group before we play our final match against Galatasaray so that is pleasing although it wasn't really a tough group.

Off the field the chairman has agreed to improve the training facilities and I rejected job offers to manage the national sides of Turkey, Serbia and Ukraine.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA PETAGNA
View attachment 48073

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 48072

atasass_800_025.JPG

DECEMBER

v
Torino 1 (Niang 60)
Atalanta 3 (Ilicic 41pen, Rafa 45, 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Pierie, Melegoni, Evander, Rafa*, Ilicic (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Torino are occupying one of the relegation places at the minute and we piled on more misery for them here. Rafa was superb as he got 2 goals and the MoM award.

--

v
Galatasaray 0
Atalanta 2 (D'Amico 14, Coman 55)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie (Bastoni), Mattiello, Melegoni, Xadas, Vignato, D'Amico*, Adzic, Coman (Gianetto)

My backups easily beat Galatasaray now although we were helped when they had a man sent-off late on in the 1st half.

--

v
Atalanta 2 (Rafa 39, Coman 87)
Frosinone 1 (Murillo 89)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Ilicic (Xadas), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

Don't let the scoreline fool you - this could and should've been 10-0 as we outshot them by 32 shots to 2!!!!

--

v
Carpi 0
Atalanta 1 (Kean 52)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander (D'Amico), Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

Hmm. A win but I expected much more goals against lowly Carpi, just like I did in the previous match against Frosinone. Hey ho - we won and that's the main thing.

--

v
Atalanta 1 (Kean 3)
Lazio 2 (Felipe Anderson 8, Lulic 32)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Podence), Evander, Kean*, Petagna (Coman)

AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!! I am annoyed at this rare defeat and an even rarer home defeat. We should have got something from the game but we missed our chances and Lazio hit us with 2 sucker punches.

--

v
Cagliari 1 (Sau 34)
Atalanta 3 (Petagna 45, Podence 71, Kean 76)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Podence), Evander (Ilicic), Kean, Petagna*

We got a scare here and recovered well to win this match fairly easily - Kean is certainly coming onto a game which is bad news as his price wont be going down.

--

v
Atalanta 6 (Petagna 13, 37, 90, Evander 23, Freuler 27, Kean 50)
Sassuolo 4 (Defrel 43, 67, 73, Politano 48)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Kean, Petagna

Well this was dull and boring lol!!!!! While I am naturally pleased that we scored 6 goals I am pretty annoyed at conceding 4. Moise Kean has scored in his last 4 games now!!!

--

SUMMARY

A lot of fixtures were played this month and we came out of it at the end largely unscathed apart from the surprise home defeat to Lazio. We end the calendar year level on points with Juventus at the top of the table as the two of us have broken free from the pack.

However as we are halfway through the season it means the fixtures we had at the start of the season are coming round again and that therefor means we have a really tough run of fixtures coming up soon!!!

Not in the Champions League though as we have been given a very kind draw in the next round - Spartak Moscow!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOISE KEAN

View attachment 47981

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 47980

Great form from Kean! Aren't you a bit worried that you're grooming him to go back to Juventus and crush it for them though? ;) great work keep it up!

crotone_atalata_51.JPG

JANUARY

v
Crotone 0
Atalanta 2 (Podence 69, Vignato 88)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

--

v
Fiorentina 2 (Dias 28, Benassi 64)
Atalanta 4 (Kean 22, Podence 24, 52, Petagna 48)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna

Another entertaining game where defences were certainly not on top. My wingers are certainly getting in amongst the goals recently which is always good.

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round

v
Atalanta 2 (Coman 42, 49)
Bologna 1 (Donsah 10)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Pierie, Pellegrini (Gelmi), Melegoni, D'Amico, Vignato (Tittonel), Xadas, Coman*

I took a risk and played my backups and youngsters and although we suffered a scare early on we managed to get the win.

--

v
Atalanta 1 (Kean 70)
Pescara 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence (D'Amico*), Evander, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

We struggled here but got there in the end thanks to D'Amico coming off the bench on the hour mark and turning the match into our favour.

--

SUMMARY

Not many games in January but we won the games in which we played and progressed in the Coppa Italia where we will face Roma in the next round. All the news in January for us was all about the transfer window as I sold one first team player and brought 2 in.

The departure is Josip Ilicic who joined West Ham for a cheap £5.25m. Ilicic was a key player for the first half of last season before he suffered a serious injury and this season he just didn't find his best form so I took the decision to sell him to help me fund my transfers that were incoming.

Firstly - in a pre-arranged deal - I brought in Brazilian wonderkid
Rodrygo in from Santos for a fee of £3.5m. Rodrygo will be a world class player and I have brought him in to compete with Moise Kean - except I didn't have a non-eu slot available so he has been loaned out to AC Milan for the rest of the season.
View attachment 47952

I then smashed the clubs transfer record by securing the permanent signing of
Moise Kean from Juventus for £42m. Kean has been immense this season and I didn't want Juventus getting all the benefits of us improving him so I managed to negotiate the deal. On top of the £42m transfer fee we spent nearly £10m on agent and signing on fees and Kean will also be due a £4.5m loyalty bonus!!! At 18y/o he is on £90k a week!!!!!

The Kean deal also put the club into debt as our balance changed from £30m in the black to -£27m in the red. In the long term he will be worth it.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANIEL PODENCE

View attachment 47950

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 47949

atalanta.jpg

FEBRUARY

v
Juventus 2 (Arthur 78, Bernardeschi 90)
Atalanta 1 (Podence 49)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Podence, Evander (D'Amico), Kean (Xadas), Petagna

In reality Juventus deserved their win but I am naturally annoyed that we let the lead slip and lose the match late on. Juve are now 1pt ahead of us and have the advantage of the head to head record and goal difference.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final
v
Atalanta 3 (Kean 62, 74, 90)
Roma 1 (Dzeko 25)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander (Vignato), Kean*, Petagna (Pinamonti)

I was very worried here with 30min to go as I felt the defeat of Juve was still hanging over us but then Moise Kean took the match into his hands and scored a great hat-trick to send us through.

--

v
Atalanta 3 (Freuler 9pen, 14pen, Coman 90)
AC Milan 1 (Bacca 51)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Mancini, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, D'Amico (Vignato), Kean (Coman), Petagna*

A great result and performance as we retake the lead in Serie A. We were gifted 2 penalties early on which were both converted by Freuler and although they pulled a goal back Coman scored a fine goal late on to seal it.

--

v
Atalanta 1 (Coman 83)
Napoli 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi*, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, D'Amico (Vignato), Kean (Xadas), Petagna (Coman)

This was an ugly match and an incredibly tight affair which was won when Coman broke free and finished past their keeper. Lets keep this run going!!!

--

v
Roma 0
Atalanta 3 (Petagna 1, 25, 65)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Melegoni, Podence (Rafa), D'Amico, Kean (Coman), Petagna*

A perfect away performance!!! We were gifted the opening goal but Petagna produced 2 fine finishes to complete his hat-trick and Gollini even saved Roma's last minute penalty.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
Spartak Moscow 0
Atalanta 1 (Melegoni 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Melegoni*, Freuler, Podence (Rafa), Evander, Kean (Coman), Petagna

What a strike from Melegoni to give us the advantage as he crashed in a shot from 25 yards. Spartak played well and deserved something from the game but Melegoni's moment of magic was worthy to win any match.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our efforts this month as we had a nightmare run of fixtures but overall we were fantastic. We lost to Juventus at the start of the month frustratingly but bounced back to beat Milan, Roma twice, Napoli and Spartak Moscow in Europe. We end the month 3pts clear at the top of the league.

In the Coppa Italia semis we have been drawn against Fiorentina so that is not too bad a draw.

Youth intake next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA PETAGNA

View attachment 47881

--

SERIE A TABLE

View attachment 47880

awesome story, looks like the title may be coming home. I was just wondering for my series though, how do you edit all of the images down to size and move them around? Keep it up!

ata_ge_800_080.JPG

MARCH

v
Atalanta 3 (Freuler 15, Zeca 32, Petagna 76)
Empoli 1 (Capuano 80)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti (Mattiello), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca*, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

Our 2nd goal here was certainly a shock as I have never seen Zeca take a free-kick before but he smashed this one in!!!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
Atalanta 4 (Evander 24, Coman 34, 59, 72)
Fiorentina 0

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Bastoni), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler (Melegoni), Rafa (Vignato), Evander, Kean, Coman*

A very convincing win that should see us into the final. Coman unbelievably is only 4 goals behind Petagna for the season - he has 13 goals in cup competitions so far!!!

--

v
Chievo 1 (Mammarello 45)
Atalanta 5 (Petagna 18, Kean 27, Podence 46, Melegoni 86, Coman 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence*, Evander, Kean, Petagna (Coman)

We beat Chievo 6-1 earlier this season and we almost repeated that feat here.

--

v
Atalanta 4 (Freuler 2pen, 66pen, Petagna 48, Evander 52)
Genoa 1 (Boakye 40)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Caldara (Mancini), Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Melegoni, Freuler*, Podence, Evander, Kean (Adzic), Petagna (Coman)

We certainly aren't struggling for goals just now - or penalties!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
v
Atalanta 2 (Podence 8, Caldara 52)
Spartak Moscow 1 (Sly 39)
(Agg: 3-1)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini (Melegoni), Freuler, Podence*, Evander, Adzic (Coman), Petagna

Comfortably through although at 1-1 they were only a goal away from knocking us out but we got the 2nd and it was tie over.

--

v
Udinese 1 (Santos 74)
Atalanta 2 (Pellegrini 11, Kean 50)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini*, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Vignato), Kean, Petagna (Pinamonti)

If we keep winning we cant lose lol - we got lucky a bit here as Udinese had an early goal disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

We were on a rich vein of form this month as we beat every side fairly convincingly and in all competitions we are actually on an 11 game winning streak which is a new record. What was encouraging was that as well as the usual suspects my lesser known players really brought their "A" game as Conti, Evander, Freuler and Coman all excelled during the month.

All of that resulted in us opening up a big 7pt gap at the top of the table which surely we wont give away as we have a favourable fixture list with only Inter and Lazio being really tough matches on paper. In the Champions League we have been drawn against Chelsea in the quarter-finals so that will be tough.

As for the youth intake I got 2 players who may have a future with us.
View attachment 47724View attachment 47723

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EVANDER

View attachment 47726

--

SERIE A TABLE

View attachment 47725

Last edited:
awesome story, looks like the title may be coming home. I was just wondering for my series though, how do you edit all of the images down to size and move them around? Keep it up!

With logos I go to UEFA.COM and copy and paste them. My pics of Atalanta players I get from their own website and yet again it is copy and paste while the FM pics are just screenshots where I upload on the feature here.

ata_torino_800px_365.JPG

APRIL

v
Atalanta 1 (Petagna 76)
Inter Milan 1 (Immobile 28)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Mancini), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean (Adzic), Petagna

Our 7 game win streak in the league is over but I cant complain too much. Gagliardini got MoM for them who used to be at Atalanta (so did Kessie) - imagine the CM team I could have had!!!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
Fiorentina 2 (Simeone 21, 80)
Atalanta 1 (Rafa 79)
(Agg: 2-5)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Xadas (Gelmi), Melegoni, Rafa, Vignato (Tittonel), Adzic (Pinamonti), Coman

We got beat but I aint bothered as we are through and it was nice to be able to play my backups. Vignato had a goal disallowed.

--

v
Bologna 0
Atalanta 1 (Petagna 17)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti*, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler (Gelmi), Podence (Rafa), Evander, Kean, Petagna

A decent result but a poor performance - especially if you take into account the fact that we played against 10 men for most of the game. This win gives us Champions League for next season and our transfer budget?

£600k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

v
Chelsea 2 (Willian 33, Moses 86)
Atalanta 1 (Podence 5)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Rafa), Kean, Petagna (Coman)

A good result - especially since we got the vital away goal although I am ****** off that we conceded a late goal.

--

v
Atalanta 1 (Rafa 85)
Torino 0

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello (Bastoni), Melegoni, Xadas, Rafa*, Vignato, Adzic (Gianetto), Coman (Pinamonti)

I rested my first XI here and my youngsters did a fine job in beating a decent Torino side. After the game had finished I realised that this is the first league game that Petagna has missed for us!!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
v
Atalanta 3 (Caldara 49, Kean 57, Petagna 62)
Chelsea 5 (Willian 32, Strootman 37, David Luiz 60, Morata 65, 66)
(Agg: 4-7)

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara, Rafael Toloi (Caldara), Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean, Petagna

No Champions League heroics this year as Chelsea do a number on us. Hey ho. Disappointing but we aren't at that level yet.

--

v
Atalanta 5 (Rafa 3, Petagna 10, 79, Freuler 53pen, Pellegrini 88)
Carpi 0

Lineup
- Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Evander, Kean (Adzic) (Coman), Petagna*

A fine win and performance as the procession to the Serie A title moves a step closer.

--

SUMMARY

8pts clear with a game in hand and only 5 games left to play - it is only a matter of time before our 2nd successive title is confirmed. Everything this season is sorted for us really apart from the Coppa Italia final.

In the Champions League we made our exit against Chelsea and I can have no complaints about that. We will try and improve next year.

That however will be ****** difficult with a starting transfer budget of only £600,000!!! Moise Kean has buggered us there!!!! To be fair there are one or two players who I think I might sell and I know I need to improve 1 or 2 areas.

Credit though has to go to my youth teams who won the Italian Invitational Cup and the European U19 Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA PETAGNA

View attachment 47566

--

SERIE A TABLE
View attachment 47565

You've got that second title wrapped up easy mate! great job as always, disappointing about the CL but I'm sure you'll come back stronger next year (if you have a bit more than £600,000 that is hahaha)

sassuolo_ata_033.JPG

MAY

v
Frosinone 0
Atalanta 5 (Petagna 9, 10, Kean 36, Podence 44, Vignato 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence*, Xadas (Vignato), Kean, Petagna

2 successive 5-0 wins as we put Frosinone to the sword. Our 3rd and 4th goals were things of beauty - the 4th especially.

--

v
Lazio 1 (Milinkovic-Savic 87)
Atalanta 2 (Kean 20, Petagna 72)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti (Castagne), Caldara,
Rafael Toloi, Zeca, Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence (Vignato), Evander (Mancini), Kean*, Petagna

WE RETAIN THE SERIE A TITLE!!!!!

I am so proud of my players here as we manage to beat a decent Lazio side away from home despite being down to 10 men for more than half the match.

--

v
Atalanta 3 (Rafa 40, Xadas 45pen, Pierie 81)
Cagliari 0

Lineup
- Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Pierie*, Mattiello, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa, Xadas (Adzic),
Kean, Petagna (Coman)

I would have played more of my youngsters but half of them are away on international duty. Havent had a sending off all season and then we get 2 in 2 games.

--

v
Sassuolo 0
Atalanta 1 (Rafa 45)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne (Agostinelli), Mancini, Pierie*, Mattiello, Pellegrini, Freuler, Rafa (Tittonel), Xadas, Coman (Gianetto), Petagna

--

Coppa Italia Final

v
Atalanta 4 (Petagna 22, 71, Kean 44, 85)
AC Milan 2 (Rodrygo 20, Silva 38)

Lineup - Gollini, Conti, Caldara, Rafael Toloi, Zeca (Pierie), Pellegrini, Freuler, Podence, Evander (Xadas), Kean*, Petagna

What a game this was and tbh I don't know how we did it. In the 1st half we got absolutely battered as they had 22 shots to our 5 but somehow we went in level at 2-2 and of course our own player (who hasn't played for us yet), Rodrygo, scored against us.

In the 2nd half it was a lot tighter but we took the lead and then had a chance for a 4th but Xadas blazed his penalty over and then Kean wrapped it up.

--

v
Atalanta 1 (Pierie 18)
Crotone 1 (Zapata 90)

Lineup - Gollini, Castagne, Mancini, Pierie, Mattiello, Evander, Freuler, Podence (Causero), Xadas (Tittonel), Adzic, Coman (Gianetto)

A pretty **** way to end the season. Xadas missed a penalty that would have secured the game but they scored a last minute equaliser.

--

SUMMARY

A decent end to the season as we collected the Coppa Italia for the 2nd season running and in the league we won all of our games apart from the final match against Crotone when we drew. I was able to play my youngsters for a few games which was encouraging but most of them were away on international duty unfortunately.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KIK PIERIE
View attachment 47530