wolfthegreat

Reaction score
I am not sure if I made the right choice but, I have groom chamberlain out into a centre mid as a deep lying playmaker with a support role. I know he is an awesome winger from what I have read, but I am on my 3rd season now and chamberlain is irreplaceable on the centre mid. I pair him with ramsey and he works well defending at the centre mid area with that insane quick close down on the other teams playmakers or wingers and he wreck havoc when he can just carry the ball from the centre mid area to near the opposition penalty box area. I have yet to even let him learn a PPM but his consistency as centre mid and his ability to perform there seems to make me feel he is a better centre mid than a winger... Not sure about the other... I wonder if am I the only one... Just wanted to share and get some views on this... :)

post a SS of his stat page

to be honest, that is a very, very big waste of a world class winger :) there are so many good CM's you can get instead!

yes he is quick but stats like positioning, teamwork, tackling, marking etc are vital and I can't see those stats being very high for him.. regardless of training..

I may be wrong though, but if he is working well for you there mate, continue and well done :)

I admit it is kind of a waste... Because sad to say when I started on this FM2013 I decided for my first round, I wouldn't want to play with wingers. In my past FMs, I have been using wingers as one of my main attacking point for my tactics and they have been working so beastly well I decided for this FM to not use winger as a challenge... For his tackling and marking I know for my save they aren't that high not sure bout the other stats. When I get home I will get the SS and post... I am not a good player developer on this football manager as I am still pretty unsure of how to fully utilize the training schedule thing... Not sure how it is working...

Lol I won't be back home until several hours later... Gotta work :p But thanks for your links :) I read it and I think it does help clarify some stuff :)

I know the stats of his attributes and his match stats doesn't shows it... But not having him to play is really very very different. Although he doesn't have solid tackling stats... I find that his pace covers up that weakness. Anyway here goes my terribly develop chamberlain...

View attachment 332375View attachment 332376

Also was just wondering if you could give me tips on how I should develop ryan gauld... I am currently grooming him as a backup for my chamberlain as arteta is currently on a decline. Developing him into a deep lying playmaker.

View attachment 332380

Also wanted your opinion on these 2 regens... (I know kai groen is super good I play him as an anchor man... Not sure what you think)

View attachment 332381View attachment 332382

I play him as a CM automatic role along with Wilshere and a regen. Train him properly and you will get someone brilliant to play and a midfielder.

Hmm I am playing wilshere in the AMC role... Also thanks for the imput :) I also felt I could put groen in the CM which I really want to... I tried ball winning midfielder but... Didn't work out... Will try box to box and CM automatic :)