Flynnbob

Reaction score
I already posted a thread on this site regarding the 2006-09 Manchester United side who were so successful and played beautiful football. I'd like to expand the debate to Alex Ferguson's philosophy in general. I'm interested to see the community's take on the Team Instructions you think would best recreate the possession, passing, defensive and attacking methods of Manchester United. Also, I'd like to see what Player Roles would best replicate the styles of certain players who played significant roles in Manchester United's success. Also, what Team Shape and Mentality do you guys think would fit the bill? If anyone wants to work with me on recreating this, and maybe produce some tactics for the site based on it, PM me. Also looking for testers.

Many Thanks

I've got my TIs set up like this so far
Retain Possession
Pass Into Space
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Be More Expressive
Whipped Crosses
Close Down More
Look for overlap
Roam from positions
High Def Line (sometimes against smaller teams)
Mentality: Control
Team Shape: Flexible

I'm finding that it works well and nearly replicates the style I want. I play a varying 4-2-3-1 mostly but I'll use a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against big teams or away in Europe. I'm not sure if I should change Retain Possession to Shorter Passing, or just use neither of them. Any responses would be appreciated. :)

Retain possession, play out of defence and work ball into box? Doesn't really seem like the swashbuckling style fergie tried to instill