Mike.

Staff member
Reaction score
After Englands's draw with the USA, attention at noon will turn to the other two teams inthe group, Algeria and Slovenia:

Algeria:
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/10/algeria-set-to-ditch-their-three-man-defence/

Slovenia:
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/09/slovenia-world-cup-2010-tactics/

with both teams looking to line up 4-4-2, algeria's extra guile and the abilty to easily switch into 3-5-2, looks to have given them an advantage going into the game, but will it play out that way?

my prediction.

2-1 algeria

Algeria and Slovenia are both about the same level as each other, so I thought the match would end in a 0-0 draw.

2-0 to algeria, they have some good attacking options in Ziani and Ghilas, slovenia are very defensive tho and can be hard to break down.

I hope to god no-one wins but I'm going 1-0 Slovenia.

I'd say 2-0 Slovenia. Has anyone heard of any decent Slovenian players though?

I'd say 2-0 Slovenia. Has anyone heard of any decent Slovenian players though?

Valter Birsa ( AJ Auxerre ), Robert Koren (WBA), Samir Handanovič ( Udinese ), Rene Krhin ( Inter), Tim Matavž ( FC Groenighen*)....

Koren is a great player.

Slovenia's captain isn't he?

Hoping this finishes as a draw to be honest. But i can see Slovenia nicking it 1-0

want it to be 0-0 but what a boring game it would be

still, we need the 0-0..

Depends on how Algeria line up, if they go 3-5-2 I see Slovenia romping it 3-0, if they play 4-4-2 I see it being a close encounter, possibly a 1-1 draw

I wouldn't underestamate the Slovenians, then had a much tougher journey into the World Cup knocking out Russia, N Ireland, Poland and Czech Republic whereas Algeria scraped through against Egypt I believe?

Slovenia 2 - 1 Algeria

Slovenia will win, you gotta be pretty good to beat Russia in playoffs.

Depends on how Algeria line up, if they go 3-5-2 I see Slovenia romping it 3-0, if they play 4-4-2 I see it being a close encounter, possibly a 1-1 draw
other way round, if they go 3-5-2, they'll slice slovenia, the 3-5-2 has an inherent advantage against the 4-4-2