Alienware?

Gooner_Jay_96

Reaction score
Hi all. I was browsing around for a new laptop yeah? And i saw the alienware ones going for €1,000 + €2,000 +. I Was wondering if anybody has/had them and if they are worth the hefty price!!? (H)<)

I'd guess no. You're paying for the brand and it's 'cool' image. They do look nice though.

Yeah, you're paying for the snazzy box. It isn't worth it at all.

Nope, not bought anything off them personally. My mate is a bit of a computer expert though and gets all his stuff from them. He has a computer/wireless keyboard and mouse and all sorts of accesories he got for £5000 and he has all sorts installed on it, FM, GTA, Photoshop and loads more I can't think of and it still runs very quickly and never crashes. Don't see any difference from normal computers personally except for the bright lights.

theyre supposed to have like 4 or 5 processors (sp) which seems pretty awesome. can you get laptops or COMPS with the same spec elsewhere?

theyre supposed to have like 4 or 5 processors (sp) which seems pretty awesome. can you get laptops or COMPS with the same spec elsewhere?

What the ****? I'm pretty sure they don't have four or five processors. Even if they did, there would be no point. It'd only use one. And yes, you can get them with the same specs elsewhere.

Don't know, not too clued up on computer etc tbh. I'd presume you can though. It seems a bit stupid if you can only get computers with such a good spec on one website, which overprices them imo.

They don't have 4-5 processors.They have 1 processor with either 2 or 4 cores usually . Most PC's are multicore nowadays. Only things like netbooks will be single core.

Alienware-not cheap not worth it. Go to library borrow a book on building and repairing PC's, build it yourself. 1/2 the price, all parts are covered by warranty anyway and unless you're the type to smash things in with a sledgehammer it's pretty straightforward.

scan.co.uk is the place I bought stuff from when I was in the UK

Last edited:
Thanks lads, gave me a piece of mind lol.. and the whole processor cores thing, thanks lol.. anyways i guess i shall look elsewhere :)

think about it, why will u need that power of computer, you are 13 maybe 14 (96 in ur name) go for a dell inspiron or a hp pavilion, they are nice nad powerful enogh laptops to run fm at a top speed, alien wares are way to expensive imo, dont waste your cash.

oh and vaio's are ok

think about it, why will u need that power of computer, you are 13 maybe 14 (96 in ur name) go for a dell inspiron or a hp pavilion, they are nice nad powerful enogh laptops to run fm at a top speed, alien wares are way to expensive imo, dont waste your cash.

oh and vaio's are ok

Yeah Im 14 :P. The question isnt for me in all honesty, me uncle was looking for one, just done it in my name as hes not a member of the site... yeah hes a fool :S Haha

He's linked to a desktop not a laptop. TBH no laptop is value for money compared to a full powered desktop pc. Watching Bluray/HD 1080p content is extremely taxing, photoshop and anything to do with content creation will benefit substantially from a fulll powered i5,i7 platform.

**** even the humble excel spreadsheet gets a good boosts especially if you have 300+lines of data, or run macros

He's linked to a desktop not a laptop. TBH no laptop is value for money compared to a full powered desktop pc. Watching Bluray/HD 1080p content is extremely taxing, photoshop and anything to do with content creation will benefit substantially from a fulll powered i5,i7 platform.

**** even the humble excel spreadsheet gets a good boosts especially if you have 300+lines of data, or run macros

I was just showing the newest alienware laptop/COMP in general (H). yeah like one of the lads said, i could get the same spec, but cheaper oO)

Yeah Im 14 :P. The question isnt for me in all honesty, me uncle was looking for one, just done it in my name as hes not a member of the site... yeah hes a fool :S Haha

well depends what he uses it for, if he is a hardcore gamre ie, cods and other games he should consider it, and if he his wanting an alienware to play games on i would get the desktop not a laptop alienware

well depends what he uses it for, if he is a hardcore gamre ie, cods and other games he should consider it, and if he his wanting an alienware to play games on i would get the desktop not a laptop alienware

well he more or less uses his ps3 for all that :S he was just looking at them and thought it would be a great upgrade from his current laptop, his is fairly old and he was thinking that these would last him for ages.
So what i can gather is that they arent value for money?

No they're not value for money at all. You could always build a computer, that way you'll get exactly what you want. Takes a bit of time finding the right parts, but putting it together is easy. You also learn a bit about how computers work, which helps if you ever have a problem. Of course, this is no good if you need a laptop :D

Try these guys: https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/category/laptop

Alienware are just not worth the money at any level - for performance you can get better, cheaper. For looks, you can get better, cheaper. Unless you're a huge fan of how Alienware boxes look, then Alienware is just a money sink IMHO.

That site is ace Zeb. Might look into investing into a new desktop when I start earning more money!

Back