Alienware?

That site is ace Zeb. Might look into investing into a new desktop when I start earning more money!

Yeah, I was tempted to blow waaaaay too much money on my new machine from them. But decided to stay sensible and just go with something in the lower midrange rather than an absolute monster.

One good tip is to doublecheck the price by choosing a more expensive base model and then downgrading it - sometimes it works out cheaper.

I ended up with the Ultra Scylla x6 but with a few changes (higher clockspeed ram, different motherboard so that it's crossfire compatible etc) and when I got mine, there wasn't free clocking for it so mine still isn't overclocked. Going to leave it til main warranties expire then OC it up to 3.5 ghz. It's fast enough as it is at the moment. Sweet all round machine for the price and sooooo quiet. I mean, you really can't hear it. That's why I didn't go Intel. Didn't want a tank in my living room :D

Yeah, I was tempted to blow waaaaay too much money on my new machine from them. But decided to stay sensible and just go with something in the lower midrange rather than an absolute monster.

One good tip is to doublecheck the price by choosing a more expensive base model and then downgrading it - sometimes it works out cheaper.

I ended up with the Ultra Scylla x6 but with a few changes (higher clockspeed ram, different motherboard so that it's crossfire compatible etc) and when I got mine, there wasn't free clocking for it so mine still isn't overclocked. Going to leave it til main warranties expire then OC it up to 3.5 ghz. It's fast enough as it is at the moment. Sweet all round machine for the price and sooooo quiet. I mean, you really can't hear it. That's why I didn't go Intel. Didn't want a tank in my living room :D

Yeah, I can see how you'd easily overspend haha. What about installation, is it worth paying the extra £80 to get it installed or is easy enough to do it on your own?

Yeah, I can see how you'd easily overspend haha. What about installation, is it worth paying the extra £80 to get it installed or is easy enough to do it on your own?

Only thing you need to do is to take it out of the box, undo the sides of the case and remove the packaging in there, check nothing has come loose, put side of case back on and get all the cables hooked up to the right places. Same as any PC out of a box bar the packaging inside.

Really doesn't need installation. Just keep an eye on the price of delivery though as that's extra too. There's also codes you can find on the net for their US sister company (who have a very bad reputation - the UK guys are great though) which give you a discount. Think I got 5% off mine.

Only negative I had was with delivery company - live in a second floor flat and they definitely didn't ring my buzzer when they said they did. Ended up having to go collect it from their depot on a Saturday because I didn't want to pay any more to have it re-delivered on a weekend and couldn't wait to get it :)

Only thing you need to do is to take it out of the box, undo the sides of the case and remove the packaging in there, check nothing has come loose, put side of case back on and get all the cables hooked up to the right places. Same as any PC out of a box bar the packaging inside.

Really doesn't need installation. Just keep an eye on the price of delivery though as that's extra too. There's also codes you can find on the net for their US sister company (who have a very bad reputation - the UK guys are great though) which give you a discount. Think I got 5% off mine.

Only negative I had was with delivery company - live in a second floor flat and they definitely didn't ring my buzzer when they said they did. Ended up having to go collect it from their depot on a Saturday because I didn't want to pay any more to have it re-delivered on a weekend and couldn't wait to get it :)

Sounds simple enough like and yeah I'll have a look round the net for some of those codes, cheers Zeb ;)

Gonna do some Maths now and work out what it will cost, sort the wages out of the new job I have got and maybe I'll have a new computer for the release of FM 11 :D

Sounds simple enough like and yeah I'll have a look round the net for some of those codes, cheers Zeb ;)

Gonna do some Maths now and work out what it will cost, sort the wages out of the new job I have got and maybe I'll have a new computer for the release of FM 11 :D

:D

If you're on a budget, check out the ones with PC Pro etc recommendations. They tend to be very, very good value for money.

Have fun playing - and don't be afraid of asking them for advice on their forums. The people who build your system will give you really good advice on what to get for your money ;)

:D

If you're on a budget, check out the ones with PC Pro etc recommendations. They tend to be very, very good value for money.

Have fun playing - and don't be afraid of asking them for advice on their forums. The people who build your system will give you really good advice on what to get for your money ;)

Yep, I'll be sure to take a look. I'm not an expert on computers like, not too clued up on video cards, motherboards and stuff so I'll be sure to forward my queries to the forums. Cheers for all the advice Zeb. I'll be sure to give you a shout if I order a computer from there :)

if you're wanting the pc for mainly FM11 then you don't need to spend loads of money. A custom build 400/500 quid pc will easily be able to play FM for years to come and also future games. I would highly reccommend u sign up at a forum I use. They are very nice and very helpful people. They will find you parts for a pc for the cheapest price and do what you want. I couldnt reccommend the forum more! Good UK websites to shop from are ebuyer, overclockers, scan (I have used all 3 at different times). Hope this helps!

Back