ALL I SEE IS GOALS! - THE GREATEST UNDERDOG TACTIC OF ALL TIME!

AledD

Reaction score
Right, now I have your attention we can end the hyperbole....

This tactic is, by far and above, the best tactic ever created. And that is said with total seriousness. My league finishes with Cardiff City with this tactic were 1st (Championship), 3rd, 3rd, 1st. That's right, this tactic turned Cardiff City into the best team in Britain in just 4 years. Impressive right? Well how about I told you I also won the Champions League that last season too? Well....I did that too.

This tactic made a ******* God out of Magnus Wolff Eikrem. Who's he I here you ask? Well go google him. He's ****. He's not 2 time FWA Player of the Year that's for sure (he is on my game). Aron Gunnarsson is one of the most accomplished CMs in Europe. Why? Me. And my tactic. Patrick Roberts was voted the Champions League's best player at 20. He's pretty **** hot on this game so nothing major but still. Andre Wisdom and Jon Flanagan have flourished so well in this system that they are now England regulars. What a world.....

In fact the list of obscure players that have gone on to do and win amazing things is just ridiculous. Luis Hernandez, Nicolas Lodeiro, Borek Dockal, Anthony Pilkington, Diego Rubio....a who's who of literally who's. In fact my net transfer spend in my first three season was just £15m.

Here's some screenshots hosted on imgur of true GOATness (although I'm still only under favoured personnel which is total utter ****):

View attachment 277052

View attachment 277049

View attachment 277051

View attachment 277048

View attachment 277047

View attachment 277046

View attachment 277045

View attachment 277044

I also run **** on my Sheffield United, Juventus and Man Utd saves but I haven't finished a season on any of these so no reason to boast quite yet (lead the league in everyone and scoring lots of goals)

The Download:

2.0 High Attacking _C5C13A50-D36B-4953-AC73-6122630BAF0C

Advice:

If you're struggling there's a few tweaks that seems to work. Switching to overload, moving the defense line depending on opposition (yes, this will require you to pay a small amount of attention), and if possession is really an issue then switch to "Retain Possession". Don't be afraid to push pressing and the defensive line even higher either.

GK - Someone who doesn't suck.
LB/RB - Got to be good at getting forward. A high crossing stat is nice here.
CB - I've plugged utter ***** into these positions and had it work. I've also plugged gold into it and had it stumble. I don't know what I'm doing with my CBs if I'm being completely honest with you guys.
DM - Needs to be able to do everything a DM should be able to do. So high work rate and passing stats are essential.
CM(R) - SET THIS MAN TO TAKE CORNERS!!!!! He's your playmaker. Your Quarterback. Break the bank to make sure you have a great playmaker here (I recommend Wolff Eikrem.....obviously)
CM(L) - Someone to offer a little stability to the midfield. Good work rate and tackling ability. Least glamourous role on the pitch. Good long shots would be preferential.
W(R/L) - Fast. Good finishing. Good vision. They will be the highest attacking players on the pitch so get someone who likes cutting in if you like having players who score goals.
ST - NO ******* CLUE. Real talk. Worst part of the tactic. It's all about the wingers so I often go with a False 9 role on him to try and create space behind the defensive line. Kind of like the CB problem. They will have runs of form that will frustrate you and runs of form that will make you believe in God. 15 goals in 10 games is as common as 0 in 10. I don't get it. If you spot the problem please tell me.

Enjoy! If it sucks then holla at your don and I'll try and help you out.

Last edited:
Any OI and training

OI left to *** Man.

Training - Match tactics in pre-season. Then once at a high level switch to "Attacking Set-Pieces". High intensity till around November then switch to Normal. Training generally kept to Balanced unless there's a particularly problem that needs looking at. Generally though training is merely a reflection of where I think the team is weak at any given point.

So, no clue why your CBs do the job, don't need a striker or use something that scores, but not important.

But it works :D good job

So, no clue why your CBs do the job, don't need a striker or use something that scores, but not important.

But it works :D good job

Cheers man. The main idea behind the tactic before I got it working was just to create a simple counter attacking tactic, with emphasis on being good at set pieces (so to ensure that we can create chances against teams much better than us).

Fast attacking wingers who would cut inside and behind the defensive line and deep striker to link them with the midfield was the strategy in the final third. The midfield and defence is set up to ensure the speed of the transition play is quick (CWBs to offer width, Regista in the DM, AP pushing forward, standard CM to do the grunt work). As a result the CBs weren't really meant to do anything other than remain disciplined, hold the line and move the ball forward when they won it. By that definition the tactic succeeds but as you can see from the goals this tactic conceded it's still not perfect. The striker role of linking the play turned out to be completely bypassed by the incredibly efficiency of anyone I plugged into the AP role. They'd find the Wingers before the ST ever got a look in. I experimented with playing him up top with the wingers but it seemed to create less space.

Maybe more luck would be found with this shape by playing a more patient game. It's something I still need to look into. That said whoever does play there will most likely end up with 20+ goals, just less than he should considering the overall amount of goals the team scores.

Just plugged in on my FC Porto save 4th season. Although it was only a cup game against a very low league side it was really good! Played some great football which was very nice to watch.
At half time I changed my left sided player from Inside forward-attack to Winger-attack just beacuse I have only one inside forward really and Ladislav Krejci is an insane winger, which he proved laying on 4 assists:) Ruben Garcia on the right playing inside forward scored 5 goals!
Going to use this in a league game and maybe europe also to see how it go's

Great job though:)

View attachment 277946View attachment 277943
View attachment 277942View attachment 277941

Haha, this is so weird we ended up with the same results in the league (first season) but i was with Spurs. I used the exact same formation (but different tactics) around half way of the season.

My only concern is my team conceded way too many goals, but thats probably my problem

View attachment 277940

View attachment 277938
^ Harry Kane is an absolute beast!

View attachment 277937

Last edited:
looks a great tactic but
YET ANOTHER **** 4-3-3 xD You see some great tactic and u hope its a 4-2-3-1, maybe a cool 2 striker tactic, perhaps a 3 at the back.. but no its a 4-3-3 with and AP and CM couple, IFs and a false 9

I hope FM will ban 4-3-3 formations on FM16, it should be impossible to use that form

looks a great tactic but
YET ANOTHER **** 4-3-3 xD You see some great tactic and u hope its a 4-2-3-1, maybe a cool 2 striker tactic, perhaps a 3 at the back.. but no its a 4-3-3 with and AP and CM couple, IFs and a false 9

I hope FM will ban 4-3-3 formations on FM16, it should be impossible to use that form
I hope SI will ban 3 striker tactics. Boeeeh.

Just plugged in on my FC Porto save 4th season. Although it was only a cup game against a very low league side it was really good! Played some great football which was very nice to watch.
At half time I changed my left sided player from Inside forward-attack to Winger-attack just beacuse I have only one inside forward really and Ladislav Krejci is an insane winger, which he proved laying on 4 assists:) Ruben Garcia on the right playing inside forward scored 5 goals!
Going to use this in a league game and maybe europe also to see how it go's

Great job though:)

View attachment 828202View attachment 828210
View attachment 828213View attachment 828214

This is amazing. The very idea that someone else used my tactic is amazing to me. The fact that you recorded 65 SHOTS OH MY GOD HE WON 13-0! It's made my day, it really has. I'd love to know how well you did in the league and Europe. If you make it better hook me up and I'll throw your tweak into the OP. Again, thank you very much for trying it out.