checkthisnow

Reaction score
Hi guys

Having some real troubles signing players for my Roma side. All my bids get rejected even tho I bid as much as other clubs and sometimes more. I make bids that are 4 times the value of the player but they still reject. Also players wont join me even tho playing for much worse teams

Whats the best strategy for approaching a player?

Havent played FM in a couple of years but dont remember it was this hard attracting players and getting transfers accepted

Thanks

Eermmm, tell us who you are trying to sign, and how much you offered, that will give us and idea of what you might be doing wrong !

Well tried several, just desperate now.

Tried Andrea Poli just now, hes worth around 7 mill and bid 30, rejected.
Ranocchia 22 mill
Otamendi 20 mill
Santacroce 23 mill

Have around 60 million to spend, season 3 with Roma

Current squad is:

GK: Steklelenburg, Areola
Wb: Ansaldi, Traore, Beck
Cb: Bochetti, Burdisso
Dm: Gago, Moussa Sissoko, Kouyate
Cm: Witsel, Gago, Lamela,
Wingers: Götze, Hazard, Valencia
St: Bojan, Derdiyok, Baston

Playing 4-1-2-2-1

Need a few as you may see, sold a couple and some retired.

Thanks

Well tried several, just desperate now.

Tried Andrea Poli just now, hes worth around 7 mill and bid 30, rejected.
Ranocchia 22 mill
Otamendi 20 mill
Santacroce 23 mill

Have around 60 million to spend, season 3 with Roma

Current squad is:

GK: Steklelenburg, Areola
Wb: Ansaldi, Traore, Beck
Cb: Bochetti, Burdisso
Dm: Gago, Moussa Sissoko, Kouyate
Cm: Witsel, Gago, Lamela,
Wingers: Götze, Hazard, Valencia
St: Bojan, Derdiyok, Baston

Playing 4-1-2-2-1

Need a few as you may see, sold a couple and some retired.

Thanks

Ok try to bid 35 for otamendi... if it doesn't get accepted IT IS A BUG<< That's my pov

But Im mean seriously, on average, do you guys have to pay three times the value when trying to buy players?

are you making them answer within a deadline? (today, 1 week etc) i've noticed that this sometimes makes them reject offers when other teams are interested.

Transfers do seem a bit unrealistic, clubs wanting sometimes as much as 10x the players value is just stupid.

All the problem will be is that you are not bidding enough I think, as the clubs values are too high. Something like Genie Scout let's you see the exact sale value that they will accept

I don't have to pay anywhere near that much for any player. Only time I've payed well over the value is if the player is considered indespensible to the club.

Try going for Kadlec, alot of teams try and buy him, he normally goes for around 1-2m, if yours get rejected its a bug - plus if you get him its good cus hes a great player!

Transfers do seem a bit unrealistic, clubs wanting sometimes as much as 10x the players value is just stupid.

All the problem will be is that you are not bidding enough I think, as the clubs values are too high. Something like Genie Scout let's you see the exact sale value that they will accept

Think I bid enough, I always have to go way over the value. Think my 35 mill joke offer for Otamendi would be accepted :)

How do I get this genie scout?

there is a slight issue with buying players from rival sides in game, and since italian sides have many rivals, it can make it difficult buying those players

there is a slight issue with buying players from rival sides in game, and since italian sides have many rivals, it can make it difficult buying those players

This. Also, if a player just joined a club they are unlikely to let him leave for a decent fee. It should say so in your scout reports why they would request such a high transfer fee.

I believe in Wenger (I'm not an Arsenal fan though) that the transfer market today is severely screwed. But the transfer market in FM is much worse. Some of the players were so highly valued that you needed to bid more than 100 M to get them.

Player values by the way is I think screwed too. You would notice that several players that have 30M + value at the start of the game would maintain that 30 M + value as long as their still playing at their peak despite having several bad outings. Meanwhile, several players that started with low values should play extremely well and consistent to have their value reach 30M, or even 20M. Their value would then decrease a lot during holidays esp if they were not among the transfer targets of other teams.