All or Nothing: Internacional

View attachment 12146

SUNDAY APRIL 21 2019

A big week for us here as we have the second leg of the Gauchao semi-final, holding a slim 1-0 lead from the first leg, and a huge midweek match against Estudiantes in the Libertadores. All this with the league and Cup on the horizon, both competitions kicking off in a few weeks.

First up was Juventude and just to put all the cards on the table, this was the first bit of action for us in this save in almost three weeks. All the previous games were played before my vacation. I did a lot of testing during my trip and I've come up with some tweaks to my tactic that should open up some more attacking play.

~STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINAL~

View attachment 12140

It was job done at the Beiro Rio today, I saved my fingernails today as it was over quickly. Four goals from Nico Lopez and he's a player that will be very important in the new 4-2-2-2 formation that I'm using.

View attachment 12138

If you look at the match stats it really wasn't too different from previous matches, it may have been a combination of excellent finishing and poor goalkeeping? Either way, I'm not getting too excited about this game, I'll have to see more of this before I'm convinced.

View attachment 12134

The focus is taken off the strikers with this tactic and placed more on the wing players, and we have a lot of strength outside.

View attachment 12136
Nico Lopez had his coming out party

Apparently, it was the first leg triumph that helped us win the tie? Nevermind the 9-2 win, it was the 1-0 that did the trick!
View attachment 12132

Gremio won their match and tie as well, so there will be two more Grenals in the next few weeks, great for everyone!
View attachment 12129

Two matches for the first trophy of the year!
View attachment 12128
View attachment 12127

~CONMEBOL LIBERTADORES~

View attachment 12126

A huge match for both clubs. I'll advance to the knockout rounds with a win or a draw here, while Estudiantes will know that anything but a win may see them out of the competition altogether.

View attachment 12124

From here on, the matches come in hot and heavy, two matches per week for pretty much the rest of the year.
View attachment 12125

Anyone else having lots of problems posting recently? It's frustrating.

ALL OR NOTHING
A SEASON WITH INTERNACIONAL

Having trouble posting photos and screenshotsso here are the results from the weeks action

INTERNACIONAL 2 ESTUDIANTES 1
MELGAR 1 ATLETICO MINEIRO 2

So what these results mean is that we are through to the knockout rounds along with Atletico. Next weeks match vs Atletico will determine the group winner, with Inter needing only a draw to secure top spot.

As far as the State Championship goes, the final kicks off this weekend with Inter facing Gremio, and the return leg being the following weekend. I'm hoping these technical difficulties are worked out by then.

attachment.php

SUNDAY APRIL 28 2019

Big match today, Gremio came to town for the first leg of the final. Porto Alegre has been a nuthouse all week in anticipation of this grudge match
attachment.php

Inter got the early goal but Gremio hit right back. Both sides went all out and it was 3-3 at the half. We actually had the better of them until we lost two players through ejection and Gremio was able to level just at the death. It was one of the most exciting games I can remember.

attachment.php

I'm able to post screenshots again, so I'm gonna start to preview the season, which starts May 11. There is one more game this week, a Libertadores match with Atletico Mineiro.

Next weekend is the return leg at Gremio's Stadium. Their rented stadium, that is. For some reason that's a big issue with the fans of the two clubs, the fact that Inter owns the Beiro Rio while Gremio rents their stadium.

attachment.php

So, they call it Arena Gremio, but it's actually called Arena do Gremio. This meme brings attention to it, it says "I need special Binoculars to see this s**t"

You know how derbies go, the smallest thing can be the most important thing.

Last edited:
Having tons of issues trying to get screenshots and/or photos up. The season is still progressing and I'll try to work this out and then I'll catch up on posts.