TheMessia

Reaction score
Looks to me like you're wide open on the wings - all the opposition has to do is ping it wide and you've got nothing.

On the other hand, if you're scoring more than you're conceding, and therefore winning, then I'd say the tactic's working.

At the very least I would change your CM duties. They're set on Automatic, which on an Attacking mentality, which you've set, means they're on attack duty. In other words, when you turn the ball over, six of your seven forwards/mids are on attack duty and the other is Neymar who certainly won't be holding, and so all you have left at home is 3 CB's, who are very disconnected from your midfield and can be dragged out of position easily. Buildup play is surely an issue too but that's another story.

What's more, with all of the attacking players you have, there is no outlet behind them or any real width, so it's basically 7 players who are all trying to occupy the same space, so not only do they get in each others' way, but they don't have a great deal of options to pass to if they're in trouble, which is highly likely in such a crowded space.

You may be scoring a lot of goals but I'd say that's mainly because of the individual quality of your forwards like Messi and Neymar, and not because the tactic is set up to get the best out of them. Honestly, less is more, if you had a more balanced lineup not only would you concede less goals but I suspect your attack would be more effective too

I'd drastically change your roles. Who is supplying the balls to the forwards? Ideally, you need atleast 2, if not more support players to take pressure off your forwards. Plus, as an IF, Neymar will probably shoot more than score.. Plus, two CMs with the same role, dunno feels like they'd be occupying the same space..

Ideally, if you don't want to change your positions in the tactic, then switch one of the CMs to a DLP (D), and maybe Denis Suarez to a Winger (S).

Although, no wingbacks seems very risky, but seems to work out offensively for you. I'm still surprised how, especially if any teams start off with a Defensive Midfielder against you, that simply means there are too many players crowding the box, with little to no space to move between lines.

As Patrick said, a balanced lineup works wonders. I personally like 3 players on Defend, 3 on support and 4 on attack.