All Things New - A Story Of Claret & Blue

davegutt0512

Reaction score
All Things New - A Story Of Claret & Blue

View attachment 340659

So this year Burnley FC managed the almighty task of being promoted and reaching the heights of the Premier League.

They go into the new season HUGE favourites to return at the first time of asking, with very little money at my disposal and a squad of Championship quality players begins my underdog challenge at the helm of Burnley FC.

But then again who doesn't love an UNDERDOG!

View attachment 340656
So the club doesn't have a terrible history of winning competitions however none of these have come recently.
Hopefully I can start adding to these trophies and bring back some glory to the Burnley FC fans.

Pre-Season

View attachment 340654

View attachment 340653
So I left the Pre-season fixtures in control of my assistant manager while I concentrated on improving and reinforcing my squad, this turned out to be very successful as you will soon see.

Tactics seem to be working well and we came through Pre-season undefeated and with a clean bill of health, players were rotated therefore all now knowing the tactic well.

View attachment 340651
So as you can see there was plenty of action in the transfer window

Outs

View attachment 340646View attachment 340645

Danny Ings was easily our best striker by some way but after Southampton came knocking and i rejected the offer, he became unhappy at the club, i eventually caved and took the 10+mill for him.
Keiron Trippier was the only other big departure who also left for Southampton for 5.5 mill, he was battling it out for a first team spot but i saw the opportunity to better use the money to strengthen other areas.

Ins

View attachment 340643View attachment 340642View attachment 340641View attachment 340639

So I started the Window by signing 2 promising youngsters from Man Utd in Tom Lawerence and Jesse Lingard, they both have the potential to be star players in the future and they will fit into the team this season as they improve wit first team minutes.
I was surprised to bring in Will Hughes from Derby as i didn't think there would be much chance of pulling of the deal however i am delighted to have him at the club and he will be a key player this season and has the potential to be one of the nest midfielders in the world in future seasons.
Another player with HUGE potential is Sam Byrom who came in at RB and will be first choice for the season, He came in from Leeds and has the potential to potentially be one of the finest in his position.​

August

View attachment 340636

View attachment 340635
First game of the season, Great Start

View attachment 340634
Doing well in this game until Bramble picked up an injury late on, as we had made all of our subs we suffered a late goal when playing with 10 men.

View attachment 340633
I rotated most of the players here and suffered because of it.

View attachment 340632
Good end to the month, superb effort to win so comfortably.

So our first month in the Premier League I am very happy with, It was great to earn a draw at Man Utd and we deserved the point aswel, We were also giving Everton a real run for there money aswel until we were forced to play with 10 men for the last 20 minutes, the league cup was really at the back of my mind and i rotated most of the squad as I saw the league as priority, we suffered at Millwall and we deserved to lose. A cracking win at Sunderland to end the month, Vokes smashed in a great Hattrick only to get injured for 2 MONTHS afterwards.

View attachment 340630
The captain has been in really good form inspiring us to a positive month and keeping clean sheets against Man Utd and Sunderland, 2 out of the 3 games in played in.

View attachment 340629
So not alot to sat=y so early on but i expected a tough months and to come through with 4 points I am happy so far.​

Great signing in Lingaard, had him in my Norwich save which im currently doing and provided 24 assists and 17 goals playing CAM also finished season as leagues best rating at 7.37...paid 3 mill for permanent transfer at end of season and have just signed Lawrence on a free end of 1st season....also try get Nick Powell on loan if not already moved.
Good luck with this mate, I shall be following.

Cheers, Hoping they come good, my strike force is much weaker than with Ings however the squad is much better, Thorpe has already moved unfortunately i did go in for him though as he was awesome for me on a previous save with Stoke.
Thanks, Hope you enjoy!

September

View attachment 340586

View attachment 340585
Losing 1-0 at home is disappointed, we deserved nothing more.

View attachment 340584
Andy Carroll in inspired form, his hat trick sunk us in a game we didn't play badly.

View attachment 340582
We were really bad in this match and really angry to lose to fellow promoted team.

This month was really disappointing after the opening promise of pre-season and first few matches, scoring goals is becoming a real problem now, and this month our defence didn't bail the offence out. Hopefully these 3 games can be put behind us and we can move on but games against alot of the big boys in September things are only going to get harder.

View attachment 340581
So we dropped down the table a few places but its still early days.​

October

View attachment 340556

View attachment 340555
Really good win at home, and against Arsenal!

View attachment 340552
We did well to come back into the game after trailing nearly all game.

View attachment 340553
Man City's class was well above ours and the score reflected it.

So this month finished with 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss, I was ecstatic to get the 1-0 win over a full strength Arsenal team and the odd result like this may be the difference in staying in the league at the end of the year. The match against QPR was a tough one and we trailed behind for the whole game and managed to score in the 90th minute to grab a draw, one that we probably didn't deserve all that much. There isn't that much to say about the Man City match, they are a class above us and it showed.

View attachment 340550
Captain picks up the award for the 2nd time in 3 months, apart from the game against Man City in which he struggled he put in some more solid defensive performances to help us pick up points this month.

View attachment 340549
Its tight down the bottom and were down there in the mix, are problem is scoring goals, none of my strikers want to make the position they own.​

November

View attachment 340296

View attachment 340295
A good start against a pretty poor Villa side.

View attachment 340294
We played pretty well in this game, but Liverpools class was above us in the end.

View attachment 340292
2 late Southampton goals sink us late on in a pretty even game.

View attachment 340291
Thought we had thrown this away at from 2-0 up when the red card came, we managed to score ins top page time to get the win.

So overall the month ends pretty well with 2 wins and 2 losses, I am quite happy with the way the team are performing however i still have the problem that nobody wants to score goals and this is becoming a problem with picking up important points now, have to have a look if anything is available in January but i doubt it.

View attachment 340288
So still bottom half of the table, sitting 3 points above the relegation places, if i finish here however i will have met my objective for this season.

View attachment 340287
After a quiet start to the season, he was fantastic this month picking up quite a few assists everyone else agrees also.

View attachment 340286

Take a look at Will Keane as a striker mate...also scored a fair few for my Norwich save and relatively cheap, think I signed for about 700k

December

View attachment 340196

View attachment 340193
Disapointing beginning to the month losing to a team below me in the league in swansea.

View attachment 340192
Great win smashing Hull for 5 at their place

View attachment 340191
Happy to pick up consecutive wins against relegation rivals.

View attachment 340190
A pretty disappointing result against a decent Tottenham side.

View attachment 340189
Actually winning 1-0 at half time, they came back fighting for the second.

View attachment 340188
Finish the year with a win at the Baggies.

So a mixed month again with 3 wins and 3 losses, I am very happy to pick up wins against all of our relegation rivals and that should hold us in good stead for the second half of the season, We were hammered by Tottenham and Chelsea however we are so far away from the top teams its ridiculous we have been beaten well by all of them apart from our early season win against Arsenal, Still rotating strikers to try and find one who wants to make the spot his however not alot of success yet.

View attachment 340187
The 3 wins against 3 teams below us have helped us to 12th position at the half way point, hopefully we can go on to consolidate our mid table position

View attachment 340186
The 7m man finally scored his first goals for the club this month and hopefully he can now kick on and get a few more.

Sorry to anyone who has been following this story but the game has just crashed and I somehow seem to have lost all save data, obviously this bring this save and story to a pre-mature ending which I am Gutted about as I was enjoying the save until now.

I will be starting a new save and story later on today

I was thinking of doing it
with Coventry City - the club I support
The fact that they are to play again in Coventry now and I brought my season ticket yesterday has inspired me to do this, however I am open to suggestions so if anyone has any please drop a comment and I will have a look.

Thanks