all time favorite england players

ryanhobbs

Reaction score
hey, i watched a dvd of englands 100 greatest goals last night (pre world cup warm up!!)

and i got me thinking about who was the best player to ever pull on the 3 lions??

for me it is. . . . . .

1 - gascoigne
2- beckham
3 - shearer

there are probably better but these guys made a real impact during the years i have watched us!!

who are your top 3

All time: Lineker
Recent: Beckham
Current: Lennon

In my lifetime, for England id say Gary Lineker.

The best English player ive ever seen though was John Barnes for Liverpool,although for various reasons he never got anywhere near the standards he reached for Liverpool in an England shirt.

In my lifetime, for England id say Gary Lineker.

The best English player ive ever seen though was John Barnes for Liverpool,although for various reasons he never got anywhere near the standards he reached for Liverpool in an England shirt.
i agree with you mate from my era to but i got to say hoddle and waddle was a bit special and to this day we havent replaced waddle on the left

i liked lineker, there was just some thing genius in gazza's play that unpredictable brilliance that made him standout for me!!

John Barnes goal for England against Brazil in Rio. Pure class.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCyXGiJ-jc"]YouTube- John Barnes - England's Greatest Goal?[/ame]

My favourite player from my lifetime has to be Owen. The first world cup I properly watched was France 98, and I can just remember him scoring that wonderful goal against the Argies.

i think the guys like charlton and moore were brilliant and shearer was pretty good as well, i dont rate gazza as much. i really liked owen but never loved beckham

i think the guys like charlton and moore were brilliant and shearer was pretty good as well, i dont rate gazza as much. i really liked owen but never loved beckham

Not even when he scored that last gasp free kick against Greece?

How has nobody mentioned Bobby Moore, Bobby Chartlon, Gordon Banks, Geoff Hurst or Emile Heskey? ;)

In my LIfe time. Englands best player has simply been David Beckham. i think there is no-one who has been so good for england as him. In the past few years coming up, i think rooney wil surpass him. but at the moment in is goldem balls.

wayne rooney james milner rio ferdinand david beckham and jermain defoe

WEST HAM WON THE WORLD CUP IN 1966
4-3
England Captain =B.Moore(WEST HAM)
Englands Hat-trick hero G.Hurst (WEST HAM)
Other Goalscorer M.Peters (WEST HAM)

when i have been watching england matches the two best players i have seen are owen and beckham.

i started watching football in the SHEARERRRR era, differnt class.