Allowing leave of absence

jamielong951

Reaction score
Hello all!

This regarding a player called Danko Lazovic that I signed 3 months ago in my game.

His happiness is currently 'unknown'

But his slight concerns are that he hasent settled in the area as well as he would of liked too. And for short term plans says he is considering his options.

Now he is on a good contract, and one of the most well payed players of the club and I use him as a first team player in all matches.

I am confused why he hasent settled because he has played brilliant for me, scoring 7 goals in his 11 matches hes played. His avg. rating is well above 7.20 since joining, and hes even picked up man of match once or twice.

For the first time the media are now asking me if I am going to allow him leave of absence, but i just responded that it is private.

What should I do? Obviously he isnt super happy, but hes playing really well and cant really afford to loose him. But if it will make him better in the long run I am happy to give him LOA.

Could I try just keep playing him and praise him in the media aswell? Will that cheer him up?

p.s - ive never used LOA. How long does it last for and what happens?

Cheers,
Jamie.

Leave is for a month.

I think the whole settling in is done by the hidden attributes, not so much about how they perform. Not 100% sure tho.

Settling in is dependent on the hidden attribute `Adaptability.`

Your scouts usually warn you if a player will have trouble settling in.
I`ve use LOA before, and it helped. You could try using it at a time where it hurts the least, say when there`s international caps to be played, and you have a 14 day period with no matches.

well every single time i have played a boro season a u18 player called robinson allows asks for leave of absence. i always give him it as hes u18 and i dnt really need him but when he comes back he seems happy :D

its up to you but thats what always happens to me

Gonzalo Baretto done the same for me at everton, i gave him a months leave when i didnt have important games that i needed him in and it worked for around three - four month and i had to give him another month out but 2 seasons down the line hes happy as larry :)

I had a guy come back from a LOA and it didn't help anything. I eventually dropped him.

I always try to have 2-3 players from the same foreign nation on my team so the players can settle in better.

I have that problem in my current game, I signed Paolo De Ceglie for man utd and he said he hasn't settled....but I offered him a new contract and he seems to be fine now:p

Well I can't offer him a new contract as he is already the highest paid player in the team, and I cannot give him ahigher wage. He was a big signing for a club of my stature.

I will just have to try LOA.

Will his unhappiness eventually affect his performance? Like I say, he is playing brilliant now.

I've had some players be affected by unhappiness related to not fitting in, but I've also had them do just fine too.

I did it once and he wanted more off, just keep him

Its worked anytime I've used it but you should sign another Serbian to help him settle.

I bought Neymar, now who is 27 year-old and at that time 21 yrs old played really good (avg rating of 8.21 - scored 9 in 7(5) app) until he said he can't settle in the area.. I used LOA and it worked a lil bit, then i bought Rafael from Man Utd and keep him for a season then sell him back for more cash lol.

Apparently, Neymar has since settled in pretty good even when I sold his pal afterward rofl. Rafael is great but I got Lahm and Johnson as a backup for RB.

I signed Adriano in Jan window of first season, he has played okay, but has not settled in, I have had this problem before.
Give a leave of absence can work
Loan the player out for a season can work (if the player is young enough to still have a few years left) with Adraino's case he is 28, I do not want him out on loan for a full season
Or ask him to recommended an international team mate to sign