Reaction score
View attachment 284536
GARNER APPOINTED AS NEW MANAGER OF SPURS

Founded :1882
Home Ground : White Hart Lane (36,320)
Nicknames: Spurs
Top Goalscorer All-Time: Jimmy Greaves (266 from 1961 to 1970)
First Division/Premier League Titles: (2): 1950-51, 1960-61
FA Cup Titles: (8): 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991
League Cup Titles: (4): 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008
Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League: (2) 1972, 1984
European Cup Winners' Cup: (1) 1962-63

My aim in the first season will be to bring stability to the club and aim of a top 4 finish. I am constantly focusing on youth and bringing up new fresh talent. Although Klippy always makes the headline with my favourite club Bilbao I thought it was time for a change. I will next update after I have finished pre-season. Any feedback is greatly appriciated.

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 284548

Tottenham 4 - 0 Leyton Orient
(Lennon, Adebayor, Defoe (2) )

I feel we completely bossed this match start to finish as I had expected off the boys and having 85% Possession is only promising.

Tottenham 5 - 2 NY Red Bulls(Adebayor (2), Dembele (3) )

I was delighted here as it was more of a test than a first match against opposition who I thought was going to cause us more of a threat than they did. The only negative was conceding 2 goals at home. Dembele hat-trick was nice aswell.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Hangzhou
(Adebayor, Ba, Bale)

A sort of friendly I would be expecting the lads to win comfortably and they didn't let me down. Only downside was Ba is out for 2 months with a horrific injury.

Renhe 1 - 3 Tottenham
(Dempsey (2), Bale)

Another game in which I expected us to wrap up comfortably although my main concern was Tom Huddlestone hobbling off after 68 minutes with what appeared to be a thigh strain. Apart from that normal service resumed.

OGC Nice 0 - 3 Tottenham
(Dembele, Ayew, Dempsey)

Toughest opponents of the pre-season campaign so far and was untouched for large periods. Created 9 CCC's which shows how dominant we was in the game.

Genclerbirligi 0 - 3 Tottenham
( Sigurdsson, Ayew (2) )

Routine game to finish off my pre-season and prepare for the English premier league which awakened us. We would begin with Reading.

I will update next at the end of August on league position, transfers ect.

AUGUST
View attachment 284606

Promising start for Vennegoor of Hesselinks men. Also he has tied down some key signings on the closing days of the window but who are they?

TRANSFERS
View attachment 284607

I feel I spent a little too much attention on my strikeforce in the summer as I was mainly happy with my defence except left-back where I tried persuading Leighton Baines to join but Everton wanted in access of 25m+ for the Englishman. But I will revisit the market in January to try and invest in a left-back. My marquee signing was of course Cavani which he hits in goals for fun and is a big dominant character which I feel that Adebayor doesn't live up too. I activated Ba's release clause as I felt when I play two up top Ba and Cavani may work well from eachother. The other signings was players that I want to raise and mould into the first team in a few years time and I will allow them to be loaned out for first team experience.

MATCHDAY

QPR 1 - 2 Spurs
Cavani (2)
Settled into the squad already?! In periods of this game we was looking like the team which was chasing but with Cavani's introduction to White Hart Lane in the second half he showed the Yids what they was in for this season with a taste of 2 goals which was both finished expertly. Ba was also the provider of both goals which was nice to see two new signings link up on their debuts.

Spurs 3 - 1 Reading
Wellington Nem, Dawson, Lennon
Another result which ended with victory! And another debutant scoring aswell in Wellington Nem, I bought this guy for squad back up and if he wasn't needed I would secure him a loan for first team football. But with a match rating of 8.5 before being replaced by Bale coming back from injury it is showing signs that he may be more than what I bargained for. Cavani had a cold for this match and was 'injured' XD. The only disappointing thing I can take away from August is that I havn't had a clean sheet against the guys which should be fighting for survival.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
View attachment 284613

Demba Ba