Pottemuld

Reaction score
Will be starting a save with ajax amsterdam, trying to dominate dutch football, using almost nothing but players under 25 :p Will keep you posted once the game is underway :)

Will be starting a save with ajax amsterdam, trying to dominate dutch football, using almost nothing but players under 25 :p Will keep you posted once the game is underway :)

You could make it even more interesting by only using Dutch players..

Problem is, first of all: I'm Danish, second of all, i don't wanna lose Milik, he is such a good player :) But i will primarily use the academy players, with the prospects of Kishna, zivkovic and cerny, will make Ajax a strong, offensive team :)

I have such fond memories of Ajax and have a soft spot for this team.

I did this challenge last year but mixed it up with some interesting rules:

-Not allowed to sign anyone between 20-30. So only dutch teenagers and dutch veterans.
-No paying over 10Million for a player no matter how good they are.
-By the start of Season 2 must have only a dutch squad(season 1 consists of selling off non dutch players).
-Win the Champions league with only dutch home grown players.
-Finally, try to get a full set of all 11 Ajax players in the national team first 11.

Managed to complete them all bar the national team, PSV always got around 2/3 players in the first team. was a extremely fun challenge. You'd be looking at anywhere 5-10+ seasons to do the last objective... who knows in this years game though considering they sold Jong and blind.

Tactics and newcomers

View attachment 330313View attachment 330311
Ajax have completed the two first signings of the season! Milik has been signed on a permanent deal, and newcomer Kristoffer Ajer has been signed from Norwegian side Start, for just around £450k.
Really a couple of great deals, as both of the players have 4+ potential.

/ Pottemuld

Following a mixed pre-season, the first competitive drew Ajax against PEC Zwolle in the Dutch Supercup.
Even though the lads were furious with Mr. Veltman for being sent off, after just 13 minutes, they pulled themselves together and came out on top with a marvellous 6-1 win, with star striker Arkadiusz Milik netting 3 himself, before setting up Niki Zimling.
View attachment 330302
Furthermore, Ajax have completed the signings of Emiliano Marcondes, from danish side FC Nordsjælland, and Jesus Vallejo, a young central defender from Zaragoza, beating teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and chelsea to the signing.
Also, since Milik is the main attacker, Kolbeinn Sigthorsson was not a necessity, and has therefore been sold.
View attachment 330301

/ Pottemuld