Altrincham F.C. - Mission: Champions League

Prepare for a lot of screenshots of Altrincham players past and present

Our best eleven was mostly made up of players currently at the club, which is fair enough if you win 2 Champions Leagues.

best eleven.png

I also noticed for the first time that Thiago Ryan had scored 204 goals for us.

best eleven stats.png

He really was an incredible goalscorer for us (netting in the 2034 and 2036 Champions League finals, the winner in 2035 League Cup and a hattrick in the 2031 FA Cup which was our first trophy win). It’s crazy to think that he struggled in our first season back in the Premier League!

thiago 36.png

He was one of many brilliant signings for us. My favourites have been world-class Mexican pair Hector Pozos and JJ Vazquez.

pozos 36.png

vazquez 36.png

And also Michael Adjetey, whose signing for £75m signalled that we were in the big time.

adj 36.png

Past players that are still playing include Diamantino Carpinteiro, who joined as an 18-year-old on a free and has been plying his trade in Germany.

carpinteiro 36.png

carpinteiro career.png

Another player to be with us from League One to the Premier League was Zac Fryatt. He was awesome in our second Championship win and was still good enough to start in our FA Cup triumph years later. Why Derby let him go on a free I’ll never know and he now seems to be playing for every club in France possible before retiring.

fryatt 36.png

fryatt career.png

Another key player for us in the yo-yo years was Adie Higginson. He was an ever-present for us for literally 3 years and part of the defence that got relegated from the Premier League, won the Championship and then 2 years later was starting in a Champions League semi-final!

higginson 36.png

higginson career 36.png

Possibly my favourite story of the save has been that of Connor Stanley. He played for us in literally every domestic division and even scored a hattrick in the Championship… so I just had to employ him as a scout for the longest time possible.

stanley scout.png

stanley full career.png

Other notable (and actually real) players for us in the lower leagues include Callum King-Harmes who played for us in every competition other than the Premier League and scored our first goal as a professional club as well as free transfers Aaron O’Driscoll, Tyrese Fornah, James Olayinka and Alex Bass all of whom were crucial in us flying up the divisions.

I should also mention Julian Cupid, who is the best player we’ve produced and is now England’s starting right back.

cupid 36.png

cupid career.png

But there’s one player I’ve saved until last - Felix Baker.

baker 36.png

A true legend of the save who joined us for just £50k. Baker captained us to numerous trophies and even scored for England in the EURO 32 final. I’m still a bit gutted he ended the save with Villa rather than winning the Champions League for the second time with Altrincham.

baker career.png

So there we have it. I was going to holiday into the future but to be honest I don’t want to see the AI ruin us…

The story was named Mission: Champions League and it turns out we did that twice!

Thanks for following and I hope it encouraged you to start a similar save either on this FM or the next one.

An absolute masterpiece my friend and amazing success!!! Looking forward to your FM21 story.....any idea who it's gonna be yet?

Best of the best

Thanks for taking the time to post and update us for all this time - excellent reading and following your journey. Good luck in FM21!

An absolute masterpiece my friend and amazing success!!! Looking forward to your FM21 story.....any idea who it's gonna be yet?

Thank you all! Going to have a bit of a break before I get FM21. My past 3 saves have all been one-club saves in the UK & Ireland, so all I know is that it's going to be a save in Europe with multiple clubs...