Rhino1978

Reaction score
Ive been playing FM since it used to go under the the name of Championship Manager before the brothers did their own thing, and for the last 5 years or so i can never get my team higher than around 10th in the EPL. i tend to play 442 sore plenty but leak like **** at the back.And then theres the classic 3-0 up at half time only to get 3 or 4 past me by full time.Now a question i have is i do tend to tweak thing quite often tactics wise, would i be better off keeping it the same for a run of games for my players to get used to said tactic?.

maybe give my tactic a go and use it as a template for making your own is you get success... also you could try switching to a 4-5-1 when 2-0 or more up and going less attacking.... making sure you have a good keeper is also key to breaking into Europe

good luck

I'm guessing you play as Sunderland.. Try listening to your Assistant Manager during the game and taking note of when you most concede goals. I'm not denying that you don't make subs but if not, try bringing on fresh legs at the back for the last 20 minutes of a game. The friendlies are a very useful time to sort out your Match Preparation, put it on the highest setting with Team Blend selected so as the players get used to each other and the formation, then lower it to about halways when you're playing the league matches.

Try to tweak the formation slightly from game to game and during games, the AI learns how you play over time and counter the tactics that you use.

Yes i play as Sunderland, Will also give the tactic a bash ,cheers

Yes i play as Sunderland, Will also give the tactic a bash ,cheers

i went sunderland and i'm doing not too shabby:p i just stick to a 4-4-2 then wen i play away to man utd, chelsea, arsenal ect i play 4-5-1, put a big CB at back post for corners and tell corner taker to aim there, the amount of goals u get is unreal, bent has been sensational for me also, and gyan tops the league for assists. i'm gona really push for a champions league spot:D