Am I being paranoid?

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok everybody knows FM is one of the most frustrating games ever conceived with the completely one sided matches that you always lose but it seems as if that wasn't enough for the AI this year and now in every other game I hit the bar or post.

But that's not the worst thing, I conceed so many penalties. I went through my results for the first 19 games in the league and I'd given away 9 penalties. It's a little strange because by players tackling isn't set to hard, none of my players have the 'likes to dive into tackles' ability either.

Anyone else noticed this?

I havent conceeded many but iv had 12 penaltys in 19 games in my first season and missed 11 even though my penalty take was 18. In my 6th season now and the computer still havent missed one against me even in a penalty shootout

my keeper never seems to dive or anything, just stands there and gets beat at his near post all the time , the AI really sux

Can't say I find it that bad although I can never be bothered with the match, commentary is enough for me :)

Cant say I have noticed an un-natural amount of penailties, but my god does the woodowork get hit alot! They should have added that stat onto the game stats like they have for blocked shots and clearcut chances.
I used to help my Journalist mate as his stat monkey at Spurs, Luton and Millwall in the press boxes and woodwork stat is always logged.

i'll admit i've noticed hitting the woodwork afew times in the last half hour now people have mentioned it!

my keeper never seems to dive or anything, just stands there and gets beat at his near post all the time , the AI really sux

It's not Brad Jones is it. He was a good as a plank of wood for me. Often just stood and watched everything going around him and when he did move it would be to tackle my last defender and collapse gifting the opponents an open goal. Still managed to sell him for £3.5m, good riddance.

not happened to me check defenders concentration levels, may be down to this and yes you get more penalties than last season where you hardly seemed to get any.

Are you playing with the patch as well?

i'll admit i've noticed hitting the woodwork afew times in the last half hour now people have mentioned it!

Yea Lee i get that alot, Strikers seem to have trouble having amazing seasons on this fm i think

Yea Lee i get that alot, Strikers seem to have trouble having amazing seasons on this fm i think

Makes the game more challening, playing a 4-1-4-1 atm and my lone striker scoring afew with the 2 center mids having a few but still hitting the woodwork ever few games... Lee I won a penna shoot out :D

I've had only one penalty conceded and my keeper defended it.

Maybe you need to change your defenders?

I'm hitting the bar most games now. Usually from a header by either Goitom or Cardozo :(