Lazaru5

Reaction score
I see people posting both on here and SI's forums about this tactic and that tactic and how they've also got a classic tactic that works/doesn't work (whatever)...

Now; I thought that you could either have Classic or the new fangled style of tactics not both and, sure enough, if I want to import a Classic tactic, I can't...

if I go to 'Convert to Classic' I get the warning that if I do, I can't change back...

so, how come some people claim to be using them both?

(I'm suggesting that the impression I get is that they're using both styles in the single game, not in multiple games...)

Reason I ask is because my defence is garbage and nothing I do seems to work as regards fixing it, yet it is 'modelled' on my classic tactic which was very solid.

I was thinking I could try a game with the classic tactic and see if the reactions of the defenders were the same. If they were it would mean that my players being pretty ****-poor or the ME being seriously ****-poor (or a mixture of the two) would be what is causing my defensive problems. Obviously, I don't seem to be able to do that as, to do so, would mean I can't revert to the new fangled tactics.. (allegedly)

So, one type or both (and how if the latter)?

you can change to classic tactic but then cant change back, so you will have to create a new tactic. every time you create a new tactic it will go back to the default style. then you have the option to convert back to classic again

you can change to classic tactic but then cant change back, so you will have to create a new tactic. every time you create a new tactic it will go back to the default style. then you have the option to convert back to classic again

eh?

I don't understand, sorry... are you saying that I can use the TC to create a new tactic and that will 'restore' the new-style over the classic?

yes, every time you create a new tactic it will revert back, so if you save your tactic you can use classic and new. all it means is you cant convert the classic one back

yes, every time you create a new tactic it will revert back, so if you save your tactic you can use classic and new. all it means is you cant convert the classic one back

Ohhh... so essentially, what happens is the currently selected tactic becomes a classic tactic, it's not the Tactics Engine itself that changes?

Why don't SI say that? It's ****** confusing to this old brain of mine...

Thanks Carl :)

i got cuirous in one game, thats how i know. i cant see why they dont make it reverseable??

yeah, it would be nice if you could just load up a storming classic tactic and convert it to new...

"manutd2 - 4-1-3-2" comes to mind as one that would definitely get the treatment if we could ;)

first game with my classic tactic

and believe me, the stats don't tell the full story, we BOSSED it! Still unhappy at not keeping a clean sheet, yet again, but hey ho, you can't have everything :p

Take a look at H&Y's captain's rating... <)