Am I the only one trying to develop a 4132 formation?

wiper05

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm currently in my second year with Southampton, arrived 4th last year, struggling for a 2nd place this year with the first leg of UCL yet to play against AC Milan.
Since October 2013 i've been using a 4132 tactic, set up as following
Akinfeev

Corchia. Balanta. Umtiti Shaw
Clyne. Williams

Wanyama ( HB)

Florenzi Schneiderlin. Ward-Prowse

Drogba Borini
Osvaldo. Ferreyra F.

I'm playing Fluid, sometimes Balanced, Offensive, direct passing, narrower etc ( i'll be posting the tactic if anyone is interested )

Anyway, this tactic brought me good home and decent away results, although i'm rarely having more than 45% ball possession.
Wanyama ( or romero ) drops down to help the two CB while Shaw and Clyne are very attacking Fb ( which is not good defensively, maybe they should be more defensive ).
The tre Midfielders, all set to Central midfielder role, are quite tactically free except for the Central one, usually schneiderlin.
as for the strikers, I sold Ramirez , which i trained as an attacker, for 20M to As Monaco, but maybe he was just the player i needed next do Drogba.
Anyway, i wanted to know if anyone uses a 4132 tactics like me, in order to share our thoughts and improve this tactic together
Thanks in advance for the replies and sorry for my english!

Last edited by a moderator:
Done with the editing. If possible, do not report posts unless they are spams, insults etc as it is not a service bell. Just drop any of the us (green name) and we'll be happy to help while we can. :)

Last edited:
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Anyway i couldn't post that in any way ; i got an error message referring to Urls control or bad words, and i don't think i've used any of them. perhaps i got that message for I copypasted instead of actually writing the message?

that's weird. i just posted a test thread but it seems that there's nothing wrong. you could reopen your browser in future or let us know if the problem persist and we'll look into it.

Last edited: