meguel

Reaction score
It seems to be impossible to keep your best players as an amateur club, I've lost my best CM, CB, RB, AML and 2nd best ST because I can't offer them contracts. Some of them aren't even going to better clubs - two of them went to relegation candidates in my division when I've been top all season.

Does anyone know how to keep your best players when you can't tie them down?

Bench them! They score a goal?? Throw them on the bench! An out of contract player scores two goals and he is got out of town bus fare by 9pm on Sunday night!! You sign a guy under an appearance fee contract and you want a press conference? **** NO!!

i lost my best striker through this, what i do now is make sure at the beginning of every season i get them to sign 2 year deals so no one can pinch them when the players that play well realise they could get a move if they wanted .. working so far

... I can't give them new deals, no one is allowed a contract.

There is no work around. If a player is being courted by someone, or if you see someone offer a contract all you can do is offer them one, which I know you can't offer money, but just offer. If they like your club even if the team is less they most likely will stay, The only way to basically avoid this is to get to Semi-Professional status. Once you do that you are good. Can just offer money then. They will still leave to bigger clubs if they do well, but at least you will get money.

In my save I sold my two best stirkers for 9.75M and 5M and they were worth like 250K at the most. Didn't say a say board just sold them, but rather take the money. Plus despite how good you can always poach other people's players or find free's.

as choices said if you see someone offer one of your players a contract then aslong as you also offer them a new contract, even if they are both amatuer deals then they are likely to stay with you rather then move. at one point i had to offer one guy 10 contracts in the jan transfer window to keep him and he ended up staying at the club so it does work.