bravo21

Reaction score
I have started a new game with Queens Park in Scottish Third Division. I can only sign players on amateur contracts as QP is an amateur club. I am currently sitting top of the table, close to clinching promotion but will I upgrade to part time if I get promoted? Or do I ask the board?

Another possible problem in the long term is to get promoted to the SPL where you need undersoil heating which we don't have, will this upgrade, will I be allowed to come up or do we have to move/build a new stadium? Since I'm not paying anyone wages, hopefully the club's finances from promotions will be able to fund this...

Queen's Park are the only club which cannot get upgraded, you will be amateur even if you get into the SPL. The stadium will be fine, that can still be improved.

Queen's Park are the only club which cannot get upgraded, you will be amateur even if you get into the SPL. The stadium will be fine, that can still be improved.
Wow, that is disappointing. Going to be an even taller order now for me to get to the SPL then. I'm ok with attracting players to play at an amateur club it's a very awkward situation when you have good players. I had Mikael Antoine-Curier and he scored 4 goals in his first game, since teams can step in and take him for free, I kept him out of the team for 6 games so the interest would die down! :D

Wow, that is disappointing. Going to be an even taller order now for me to get to the SPL then. I'm ok with attracting players to play at an amateur club it's a very awkward situation when you have good players. I had Mikael Antoine-Curier and he scored 4 goals in his first game, since teams can step in and take him for free, I kept him out of the team for 6 games so the interest would die down! :D

As you get up the leagues it does get easier to attract players, try players who have been released from Championship/Lower SPL clubs. I ended up with Craig Mackail Smith and Chris Iwelumo upfront so you can get some decent players. The biggest problem is keeping hold of them :/

younghusband is a beast at the level and is usually available on a free. He wont do much above the second division though.