Collzy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just started a save with a custom database using one of my local teams in level 11, Hurstpierpoint. Now my squad is pretty poor, very poor actually, so I was youtubing various things to see if I can get any information. Now I found a video where a guy was the same level as me, with a team similar in reputation but was signing amateur players with finishing stats of 14 etc. yet when I do the exact same search as he does in the video the highest I get is about 7.

Mike's Non League Challenge #2 - YouTube < that's the video and it's around the 4 minute mark when he's looking at players etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe the settings at the beginning when you start a new game, like "enable player attribute masking" unticked but surely finding players of that quality for that level would still not show.

Any ideas?

did you tick "add players to playable teams" at beginning? if not, try that.
getting some decent scouts might help aswell

did you tick "add players to playable teams" at beginning? if not, try that.
getting some decent scouts might help aswell

Yeah I did mate, and at that club you're only allowed 1 scout, highest I could get was 8+8 for JPP and JPA

What custom database are you using? I am playing with Burnham in Level 7 at the moment, easiest way that I found players was manually search. For striker I used the player search and filtered out till I got the one with good finishing, pace and acceleration. best player I could get had 11 finishing, 12 pace and 11 acceleration. Trial days are also very useful. Last year I played with Newbury level 10 club and could sign players and pay them nothing that were good enough for the BSS by going to the trial days.

Edit:

Just watched the video and seems he is getting amazing players, dunno how he signed them.

Last edited:
Maybe he has a larger scouting knowledge than him and did you notice he had the unrealistic transfers box unticked so he might've been getting players that it doesn't look like would play for him but he offers them a contract and they accept.

I think so. In the first video the club has a balance of 2 Million. I don't see him getting any of the players otherwise. BTW download a free player shortlist or a shortlist for the BSS/BSN/BSP and see if you can sign any players from it.

Maybe he has a larger scouting knowledge than him and did you notice he had the unrealistic transfers box unticked so he might've been getting players that it doesn't look like would play for him but he offers them a contract and they accept.

Yeah that could be likely, I'll have another look without "unrealistic transfers" being ticked but probably do a maximum division thing so Messi + Ronaldo etc. aren't there.

I think so. In the first video the club has a balance of 2 Million. I don't see him getting any of the players otherwise. BTW download a free player shortlist or a shortlist for the BSS/BSN/BSP and see if you can sign any players from it.

Yeah I have some in my shortlist folder just didn't think to use them because of the standard of players he was getting but I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as I get promoted ;)

Cheers guys, if anyone else has any idea feel free to share.

What custom database are you using? I am playing with Burnham in Level 7 at the moment, easiest way that I found players was manually search. For striker I used the player search and filtered out till I got the one with good finishing, pace and acceleration. best player I could get had 11 finishing, 12 pace and 11 acceleration. Trial days are also very useful. Last year I played with Newbury level 10 club and could sign players and pay them nothing that were good enough for the BSS by going to the trial days.

Edit:

Just watched the video and seems he is getting amazing players, dunno how he signed them.

Just a standard large database, but have every league loaded at "View-only"