allenelka

Reaction score
Just finished my first season with my first & only attempt so far on FM09 with my beloved Arsenal.
I bought towering Centre back Naldo who stands @ 6ft 6 to address Arsenals inability to to be dangerous in the air to replace Gallas due to age.
Toulalan has steadied up the midfield & just purely sits in Midfield with Cesc who both have high creativity.
And with only playing the lone striker in my system, needed a goal machine which I decided to sell Eduardo & bought the dependable Vagner Love - or who is usually dependable.
He only scored 15 goals in 38 games which he usually scores so many more for me in the same system for other teams I managed, yet he didnt excel this time round but I wasnt too upset as it allowed me to play Vela inbetween & he has become amazing in just his first year !
I had him tutored by Van Persie & his stats are awesome he scored & assisted a lot which he appreciated & has now demanded a 74,000 per week contract which he accepted at 60,000 which is well worth it !
I lost on penalties to Atl. Madrid in Champs League Final which both Sagna & then Eboue who replaced Sagna both got red cards which really anoid me, otherwise I may have won as 90 mins finished 0-0 with 9 men.
I came 2nd to Chelsea in Prem which went to the last game of the season but Chelsea had to lose for me to win so had a very good yet frsutrationg first season.
Just about to start the 2nd season & Im not really going to change first team much as my depth is good & my first team were wicked this year & almost won the League & Champs League, so very impressed.
Hope you enjoy....

View attachment 11289

View attachment 11290

View attachment 11291

View attachment 11292

View attachment 11293

Did you use the same tactic as you did with your Newcastle & Barcelona game

Is it the same tactic ???

And

What skin is that ???

Very similar tactic to my Barcelona & Newcastle yet slightly modified to account for Toulalan.
Skin is Tumma

Just coming to the Mid season Transfer table in the end of December 2nd season & thought I would post the progress of Barazite, Currently playing alongside Cesc atm.............
Very exciting !!!

View attachment 11413

Your squad appears way to small in case of injuries. You won't be able to field a full side oO)

On that Screenshot it looks small but my squad is actually massive, Just have a lot of players in Reserves & Under 18's so they still get matches & progress in stats & experience.
I can & do field 2 x teams & rotate a lot against the smaller teams......

GK - Benaglio / Fabianski
DR - Sagna, Eboue
DL - Clichy / Gibbs
DC - Vermaelen / Djorou / Nordtveit
DC - Naldo / Song
DM - Toulalan / Coqulin
MC - Barazite / Nasri
MC - Fabregas / Denilson / Ramsey
AML - Vela / Van Persie / Traore
AMR - Arshavin / Walcott / Wilshere
FC - Vagner Love / Bentdner

Last edited:
Bentdner is quality, good thing Adebayour isnt there because they always fall out

Thankfully I have a big squad.
Vela is out for 7 x more weeks which is fine as Van Persie is more than adequate, yet to add insult to injury, Fabregas has just got Damaged Cruciate Ligaments, Hes out for 8 x months & he is irreplacable. Hopefully Barazite can step up, or will Ramsey show hes ready ?!?!

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

This is amazing, I had Man Utd with those 2 x crucial injuries, so played Arshavin upfront as Vagner Love is unfit & just came back, & Arshavin scored a brace & I won 1-2 @ Old Trafford, yet had to sub Arshavin in 60th as got injured & is now out for 2 x weeks, Unreal ! God **** Injuries !

if i was u mate id have vela playin as a striker rather thn a winger nd id prbz go wiv barazite wiv his creativity but not sure of ramsey's creativity up to u tho ur game . giv each a game first thn decide hu is the better option wiv like ratings , well tht is wht id prbz do anyway

Unbelievable. Never managed Vagner Love before now & got results like this from him. Last year he had a 10hr run without scoring, this season, hes had 18.
I thought he'd do better this year & get used to the same system I have had him in before which he usually scores bucket loads, yet this time round, its like getting blood out of a stone.
1 x bad season from World Class, Acceptable considering adapting to new team, culture etc, but 2 x bad seasons, SOLD.
Somehow need him to score goals though to get his value up, hes still very cheap thanks to his performances & no-one has been interested, which proves how bad hes doing this time round as usually teams are like flies round poo.....
No wonder I prefer Vela upfront.

View attachment 11434

Last edited:
vagner is a rip off at 15 million seriously mate you can only get him for close to that price everytime you start the game tht's just a bad call if ever i heard one well done allenelka the team is very very strong as usual mate ;}

Just finished my Second Season & I won the Premier League which went to the last game again & also won the League cup while being runners up in FA Cup Final.
Lost to Marseille on away goals in Semi Champions League which was a bit gutting yet Real Madrid blitzed them 5-0 so wasnt expecting to win anyhow.
The lack lustre Vagner Love didnt perform any better second season & again didnt even get double figures, so because no big bids came in, I decided to loan him to Inter Milan with no future fee as he should (hopefully) bang more goals in there & I replaced him with AC Milans Mihaylov, & he looks amazing & at only just turning 19 but will probably start Vela most games.
Also bought in Moussa Sissoko to fill the DM position, which Toulalan & Fabregas are now partnering together in CM.

SOLD: Djorou, Song (Disliked Toulalan), Traore, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri (Average ratings 2 x seasons under 7.00) Bendtner & LOANED - Vagner Love.

BOUGHT: Sakho, Rodwell (Free) Moussa Sissoko, Saivet, Balotelli & Mihaylov.

Squad is really strong with Nordveit, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey & Barazite & Wilshere really progressing.

View attachment 11549

View attachment 11550

View attachment 11551

View attachment 11552

you sold vagner love? i think your the first person i have seen on this forum sell him