Amazing Valencia. La Liga and Cup. No transfers. 114 goals scored!

ArturoDomini

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just finished one of my all time best seasons in the FM. I led Valencia CF to the La Liga title and Spanish Cup, playing some decent football throughout. Let me introduce you to my DDT tactic:

THE TACTIC

As always, I fitted the tactic to the squad I had at my disposal. I also wanted it to be balanced - neither too offensive nor defensive. Thus, I made it assymetric with players completing each other.

I wanted them to play quick short passes, so every player had to be close and available. Also, the creative play depend mainly on the central playmaker, who decides about the flow of the game. I was lucky, because Dani Parejo is perfect for that role, as his creativity and passing were sublime.

See the tactic below:
View attachment 303521

THE PLAYERS

As I mentioned in the title I made no transfers. Squad was solid enough to play the whole season (no european cups). I only took Salva Ruiz (DL) and Rober (MR) from the youth team.

Rober was brought as a back up for Sofiane Feghouli on the right wing, so when the latter departed for the African Cup, the young Spaniard played in the 1st squad and did so well, that he stayed there until the end of the season - displeasing Feghouli who returned straight to the bench.

The attacking play is based mainly on AML - AMC - AF. They are supported by CM - MR - DM.

Left fullback is focused on defending and keeping his position, to cover for advancing AML. The right plays as a wingback and can be more adventurous as the MR should not go too far up the wing.

Carles Gil did marvellous job as AMC, providing goals and assists almost at will.

THE TRAINING

In the pre-season: general - balanced (normal intensity), match - tactics
During season: general - balanced (normal), match - attacking play

Match-prep on 40%, rest before and after games.

THE TEAM STATS and SCHEDULE

View attachment 303520 View attachment 303519 View attachment 303518

PLAYERS STATS

View attachment 303517

SELECTION OF MATCH STATS

View attachment 303516 View attachment 303515 View attachment 303507 View attachment 303514 View attachment 303513 View attachment 303510 View attachment 303509 View attachment 303508

SUMMARY and IMPROVEMENTS

Although we won the league and have been impressive all season, I think the tactic needs some improvements. We too often allowed some weaker teams take shots and have possession. Defending corners was a joke. I also think that they should play better AWAY games.

IMPORTANT! When playing away from home I often changed team mentality from CONTROL to STANDARD or even COUNTER, as the team lose too many goals.

So, guys, test DDT and post your results as well as suggestions how to make it even better. Cheers!

TACTIC: View attachment 303512

Last edited: