AMC not producing/bad average rating

Pepsi91

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to football manager and struggle a little bit with tactic building. My team is working fine, but the problem is that my central midfielders are not producing goals neither assists and have constatnly bad ratings. Henrique and Camavinga are pretty defensive, but I still suspect they can do better then 2 goals and 4 assists combined. The biggest problem is my AMC, Yusuf Demir. He should be one of the best players in Bundesliga (Together with Camavinga are best players on my team), but only managed 3 goals and 2 assists in 30 matches. Defensively my team works perfect, but offensively I struggle (a lot of 1-0). I'm near the top, but I think I could do better. Do you have any advice?
Tactic.jpg

Hi Pepsi

I know the feeling.

it might be that you are playing on too high tempo for the AMC to find runners in time. Part of what you need to unlock the defence it tempo. Slow down, then hit them on a quick sneaky run that the AMC can find.

Also, the pressing forward drops deep from time to time and that congests the space the AMC has to execute plays. Maybe use Complete forward or Attacking forward(striker draws defenders around) on your striker.

If you want more goals from him, try using SS or AM on attack.

Regards,