barcelonic

Reaction score
Please could you give your thoughts on some of the player roles for my AMCs in this tactic.
I'm not sure about using a shadow striker. It requires decent tackling for one thing which none of my AMCs rally have and their finishing is poor too.

What combinations do you feel may work better here. Thanks :)

16k96oj.jpg

Being that you have the Poacher you ideally want your wider Am's to be getting into the channels. I actually find the SS does this fairly well with gets into channels marked and NOT roam marked. roam seems to push them forward more which I personally wouldn't say you need all the time as you have the poacher. You more want your wider AM's to support your FB's as they make their way up the pitch. I'd maybe say trying the central AMC as an Enganche/Treq to keep him floating around the edge of the box. It depends if your BBM is overlapping him though. If not, you dont want the AP on support as you'll just be crowding the same space with the BBM. It really depends what you want. If you had the AP on support then you might want to try the BBM as a CM (a) who will push into the box as the AP (s) drops back. There's a few options but it depends what you ideally want them to do. I'd say the best advice though is you already have the poacher pushing at their backline and so more want the other players to support build up play rather than bomb forward

So what if I left the SS and changed the middle one to Treq and the one on the right to Att Mid Support? Or Advanced Playmaker Support?

Which do you think would take him wider? If I changed him to AttMid Support that also means there'd be no Playmaker -or would that not matter cus of the Treq in the middle?

My thought is to always have balance on the pitch, unless you're particularly strong down one side of the pitch. You could have your wider AM's on support roles if you want your FB's to get forward and then the AM's to feed them. It depends where you want your FB's in the attack and not just where you want your AM's. You've got shorter passing instructed and so you need to think if you're giving your CD's enough options to pass out if your FB's are going to be bombing up the wings. Yout 2 CM players should drop back to offer a pass but will the be marked? It's thinking about the picture leading up to the attack and not just thinking how you'll get goals once there. Nothing you're doing is wrong really but it's just thinking about how you want to play. Your FB's will give you width but they'll be making a move up the pitch as you're trying to build from the back and so more often than not, they'll just punt it anywhere. AP's will usually drift out wider and SS's will drift out wider but will want to be a threat in the box too My personal choice would be SS on both wider positions, treq/enganche in middle and FB's on support with get forward more ticked. That would be my choice as a starting point and then seeing how you feel that works. Just think that if you have more players darting forward then you need others to pull back to give an option for a pass

looks ok to me...I would use another att mid attack instead of ss though...two number nine's is to much...

makes sense. I don't really have good SS players though although I do have a couple who can play as Treqs

My AMCs just don't have very good Finishing or Tackling

but your tactic is really very offensive...you should be playing fluid attack with it...