AMC - Preferred moves - best tactic / role?

vanspike

Reaction score
Hi All

i have a re-gen from my academy who i want to make a key player for my team..

however he automatically arrived with the preferred moves:
Gets into opposition area
comes deep to get the ball
moves into channels
likes to round the keeper..

i am finding the 1st 2 are really conflicting each other for an effective AMC. So he will want to get the ball around the centre circle but by then is too far off to effectively support the ST or be a 2nd goal threat.

i have tried un-training him on both - but he can't... - In an ideal world i would like him to 'stop coming deep'

so 2 questions
1) if he keeps these moves - how would people use him? in what role or specific tactic - to get the best from him

2) is there a way to improve individual training - i.e un-train! - what coach attribute do i want, does it matter which coach (1st team, reserve etc..) - basically any tips that might help him learn not to do it

thanks for any advice

View attachment 157442

Last edited:
Hes 22, how have you played him so far?

Hes 22, how have you played him so far?

indeed he has now been around the 1st team for a few seasons... as you can see from the screenshot he has been getting gradually more game time and improving each season.

this season i am playing him as a trequartista - with an advanced fwd ahead and either a ss or a ramdeuter alongside in AMC.. - don't get me wrong as you can see he is having a great season - i just feel i am not getting the most out of him - yet!!

last year i re-trained him in a forward - false 9 role in the hope that would suit his preferred moves of coming deep but still being around the box.. but was not very proficient in scoring..

this season his finishing has improved dramatically - from 12 up to 15 - so maybe he could go back to being a FWD? - thoughts?

View attachment 157420

DLF-A for me if you play that way.

Looks like a shadow striker to me.

Thanks

do you not think his coming deep would impact the effectiveness of this role? - or any thoughts on how to get around it? - particular role to partner ahead or behind?

thanks for your thoughts

If you're playing him alongside another CAM who's a SS I'd maybe consider removing the moves into channels tendency, he has average movement off the ball and poor positioning and could maybe benefit from sitting a little deeper. In all honesty though the tendencies shouldn't really conflict with one another too much.

Thanks

do you not think his coming deep would impact the effectiveness of this role? - or any thoughts on how to get around it? - particular role to partner ahead or behind?

thanks for your thoughts

Not really and I actually think that it makes him more unpredictable to defenders. Should they move up or sit deep to defend him? Your player has pretty good decision so he should know when to do which.

I would use him as AP or WPM in one tactic I have created, he would kill there. I would also add maybe PPM to cut inside from right ...

He has good movement of ball and decision, great work rate and stamina, and he will create a ton of space for other players around him, and he would even score a few as he is pretty pacy and can arrive late to finish off your moves...

If you create right setup for him and create enough space for him to use, he could be centerpiece of your tactics. I created space for my WPM-att by setting him beside DLP/CM/def, giving him FB-sup with get further forward instruction and moving my front two slightly to left side (he played on right side of pitch), and he was great, finished season with 8+ average rating while netting 15 goals and creating some 10-15, and he was not half a player this one is... He also had come deep to get the ball and dictate tempo PPM, but I am guessing that with get in opposition area and move into channels he would be even more dangerous for opponents.

I think that "Tries Killer Balls Often" is also a very good PPM form AMC

Thanks

thanks for your thoughts

The Shadow Striker_Attack is designed to go with the Deep-Lying Forward_Support (you'll see this if you read the in-game descriptions of the two roles). I've had great success with Jay Rodriguez (FM14) and Kevin Prince Boateng (FM16) in the Shadow Striker role - but they were both good headers of the ball. Your player is only 5ft7in and not a good jumper, but he is fast so if you get your wingers and full-backs to whip crosses in he might be able to slide in a few goals for you. Worth experimenting, I think.