American Pepsi SuperLeague Franchise Applications

ParkLane82

Reaction score
View attachment 425736

North American Pepsi SuperLeague

Franchises Needed

After the perceived failure of the MLS in becoming a worldwide, reputable brand and competition, the US Soccer Federation along with the Canadian Soccer Federation decided to form a new, more European-influenced league to propel American soccer into becoming one of the best in the world. Teaming up with Pepsi, other sponsors, local businesses and money from their respective governments with the intention of creating a world-class league, they created the Pepsi SuperLeague.

To do this, however, there must be teams with the ambition to match. This is where you come in. You are a businessman who would like to add their own franchise to the league. To do this you must make an application (in the style I will set out later) for your own team to participate in the new league outlining every facet of your proposed franchise. I will act as the Federation in control of the league and I will choose to accept or deny any application. There will obviously be some give and take and I may ask you to review some aspects of your team for the good of the future of American soccer.

How you go about creating your franchise is up to you. Do you choose a smaller city in order to avoid competition over the rights to belong in one of the larger cities such as New York or LA, or are you confident enough in your own vision that you will create the outstanding team for that city? Do you rent an existing Stadium in your chosen location or build your own? If so, where do you get the money to build it? Spend your precious dollars or cave in to companies wanting naming rights? Multi-purpose venue with government backed money? How are you going to get people to come to your games? Work with the fans to create an unforgettable atmosphere and put ticket prices down or come up with dastardly schemes to get people in whether they are cheering your team or not? Anything you can think of that's realistic you can put in your application. This hypothetical world is your oyster.

However, of course, there are some restrictions. Each team will have a total budget of $50million made up of sponsorship, government funds, local and outside business investment and, of course, out of your own deep pockets.

I first put this up in another section but am expanding now in the hope this gets more interest.

Here is the original link for rules etc. :
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-transfer-updates-custom-leagues/154371-american-pepsi-superleague-franchise-applications.html​