martyb36

Reaction score
This has always confused/irritated me so thought I'd share it and see what people think

If a player is natural at AML why isn't he at least competent at ML as standard? (And vice versa). I know we can retrain to fit this position but I thought they'd come straight out the academy with a basic knowledge.

Surely they can't be completely clueless to this position as it is essentially the same position.

(Note: I'm not flaming the game I absolutely love it)

They won't be useless. If he has the attributes for AML, he can play ML. Their decision making will be affected though, so get to retraining if you intend doing this long term.

OK cheers, so they will still do a job in this position. I've never bothered risking them but maybe I should give it a go.

OK cheers, so they will still do a job in this position. I've never bothered risking them but maybe I should give it a go.
Why would you think they couldn't? They're not familiar with the position. They are still footballers so they still have their physical attributes and skills.

The description of "ineffectual" for that position when they are selected in it drew me to the conclusion they would be ineffective in that position until they had trained up to a higher competence.

If they can play the position well enough but not reliably then they should have a rating to reflect this, otherwise it's misleading to us players.

This has been a bit of a debate over the years, the AML should be somewhat able to play ML, and I agree to a point. They shouldn't be listed as ineffectual. The penalty shouldn't be quite that harsh.

I've always thought they should link certain positions so if you are a natural in one you have at least a certain level of effectiveness in the other. This is a good example, as are the midfield positions (if you can play DMC then you can play MC), or the full back positions (if you are a natural RB then it's ridiculous to say that you are as ineffective at LB as you are at SC or GK), and others.

I wonder if one day this will be implemented.