leckuno

Reaction score
Ajax_Amsterdam_svg.png

Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax
Ajax, is a Dutch professional football club based in Amsterdam. Historically, Ajax (named after the legendary Greek hero) is the most successful club in the Netherlands, with 33 Eredivisie titles and 18 KNVB Cups. It has continuously played in the Eredivisie, the Dutch football top division, since its inception in 1956 and, along with Feyenoord and PSV, it is one of the country's "big three" clubs that have dominated that competition.

Why Ajax?
I've chosen Ajax for a number of reasons, the main one being that I've never won the Champions League with them despite numerous attempts. Secondly, I love youth based saves and they're one of the best teams to start with due to their talent already at the club and their amazing facilities and philosophies. Lastly I know the team pretty well having played with them over the years. As you can see below, they've done amazingly well in the past, having even won the Champions League four times but haven't won it since 94/95 so I'd like to awaken this sleeping giant and make them great again, rather than the selling team they are today!
View attachment 65235

Notable Former Players
Ajax have a ridiculously long list of ex-players worth mentioning. Some of the best players in the World have come through their club and academy. The likes of Rijkaard, van Basten, Koeman, Seedorf, Davids, van der Sar, Bergkamp, de Boer, Overmars, Kluivert, Stam, Huntelaar, Suarez, van der Vaart, Ibrahimovic and Sneijder. That's just a few of the more notable ones. If I can produce players half as good as this list, in my time at the club, I'll be happy.

Aims for the Season
So first off my main aim is to hold onto as many of my young stars as possible as its the only way we can compete in Europe over the years. Second aim of the season is to win the league which I hope should be quite easy. Third aim of the season will be to try and sign some young and exciting prospects for the team

So with starting with Ajax you have no staff at all so need to build up your coaches, scouts and physios at all levels so its great to be able to bring in my own people and build up a good network.

To go along with the world class academy I have brought back in Wim Jonk for head of youth development.

We are also already having talks about a club take over so fingers crossed we get somebody willing to invest a bit of money in the team.

For my first aim I have now spent the money and tied down our most promising young players down to long term contracts so they are all staying to at least 2021 so hopefully by that point we can convince them to stay past that with some good performances as well.

For the start of pre-season I have spent all our transfer budget on 2 players 5 million for Maximiliano Romero and another 5 million on Predrag Rajković. I also signed up a couple of regens that looked promising but screenshots will follow at the end of the transfer window.

Let pre-season commence!!!!

July/August

So the season gets underway a bit earlier than normal as we start champions league qualifying in the 3rd round where we were up against A.E.K

Ajax: 4 (Dolberg 1, Ziyech 30, Romero 48, de Ligt 76)
A.E.K: 1 (Araujo 7)

A great win with Romero coming into the team and scoring on his debut

A.E.K: 1 (Araujo 84)
Ajax: 4 (Dolberg 34, Kluivert 45,52 , Romero 57)

We continue as we started with a commanding 8-2 aggregate win to show that we are a real force to be reckoned with after reaching the Europa League final last year.

Heracles: 0
Ajax: 2 (Romero 22,66)

A great way to start the league and Romero showing why he's a starter in the squad)

Ajax: 3 (Wober 51, Romero 66, 90)
CSKA: 1 (Olanare 47)

A good win against a strong team but hope this win should see us into the group stages of the competition.

Ajax: 4 (Dolberg 34,39 Romero 44,59)
Groningen: 1 (Antuna)

CSKA: 0
Ajax: 1 (Romero 32)

A 4-1 Aggregate win to guarantee us champions league football and secure the European football money which will be good for the future.

VVV-Venlo: 0
Ajax: 2 (Kluivert 17, Romero 50)

For the transfer window I have concentrated on buying young and will look to develop the players for the first team and if need be sell for a large profit.

View attachment 64926

Pineda comes in on deadline day to help beef up the midfield for the champions league and again brought in cheap and hopefully sell him for a big profit in the furute

The most promising youngster that we signed is a regen that was thrown in at the start of the game and luckily he's dutch as well
Frank Claes
View attachment 64927

I hope to feature him in the first team this season as a back up LB

The rest will sit in the youth team and I hope they will become first team players in the next couple of seasons

For the champions league we are in a really tough group and I think 3rd spot is going to be our best position

Juventus
Man City
Ajax
Apeol FC

League table

View attachment 64925

Last edited:
Interested to see how you get on and if you can keep your key players, if you look at a lot of peoples best teams on here they have Dolberg and de Light so will be interested to see how they develop here

The biggest struggle will be holding on to all the youngsters as they come through. Once the big European clubs come knocking, I can see you having an unhappy batch of players on your hands if you refuse them a transfer.....Interested to see how you cope with that. Following

The biggest struggle will be holding on to all the youngsters as they come through. Once the big European clubs come knocking, I can see you having an unhappy batch of players on your hands if you refuse them a transfer.....Interested to see how you cope with that. Following

Its already a bit like that as I turned down a transfer for Ziyech from Juventus but everybody is coming round now which is good. I'll only be willing to sell if it is financially right if they have 3+ years left on their contract as I feel I should win them round before the end of their contract or sell them for a higher fee a season or two later

September

So September has got off to a great start as after a board takeover collapsed they agreed to upgrade the youth, training and data analysis facilities and upgrade the youth recruitment to keep Ajax at the top of their game

Ajax: 3 (Dolberg 10, 23, 89)
PEC Zwolle: 1 (Mokhtar)

A all round good performance and Dolberg living up to the hype with a hatrick

Champions League

Man City: 2 (Fernandinho pen 48) Kompany 59)
Ajax: 1 (Huntelaar 36)

A bit gutted we lost after being 1-0 up but plenty of positives as it shows we can play with the big boys

Ado Den Haag: 1 (Khayati 87)
Ajax: 2 (Dolberg 52, Sinkgraven 82)

A good win after Europe since we did a bit of rotation to give people a rest

KNVB Beker 1st round

Ajax: 1 (Johnsen 37)
Helmond Sport: 0

A full rotation here to give everybody game time it was a disappointing game but a win is a win.

Ajax: 3 (Romero 30, Ziyech 42, 90+4)
Vitesse: 1 (Matavz)

Ziyech showing why i was right to keep him here and block his move to Juventus

Champions League

Ajax: 2 (Dolberg 17, Pineda 79)
Juventus: 0

An amazing win which actually give me hope that we might be able to ****** second spot in this group

League table

View attachment 64860

October

Heerenveen: 2 (Ghoochannejhad 79, Van Amersfoort 84)
Ajax : 3 (Johnsen 16, Cassierra 32, Huntelaar 55)

Full rotation here to rest some pleyers and they managed to scrape it but it was a nervous final 10 minutes after conceding 2 late goals

Ajax: 2 (Nouri 90, Wober 90+5)
Sparta Rotterdam: 0

A tense game until we went into added time

Champions League

Ajax: 7 (Dolberg 15, 39, 43, de Ligt 17, Pineda 24, Ziyech 51, Romero 51)
APOEL: 0

What a win we really can't complain about this as every player on the pitch either scored or provided an assist so its a great all round win for everybody

Feyenoord: 3 (Jorgensen 24, Kramer 67, Tapia 90)
Ajax: 7 (Dolberg 36, 40, 43, 63, 85, Pineda 79)

What a win in the first derby of the season and Dolberg is banging them in so fingers crossed we can hold onto him

KNVB Beker

GVVV: 1 (van Eck 88)
Ajax: 3 (Sierhuis 48, Jensen 62, Huntelaar 64)

Really a game of two halfs here but out 2nd string team got the win. We used this oppertunity to give a number of youngsters their debut as well with Sierhuis and Jensen having scoring debuts.

Willem II: 0
Ajax: 3 (Dolberg 2, 65, 86)

Dolberg at it again who can stop the young Dane?

Champions League

APOEL: 0
Ajax: 7 (Romero 12, 29, Dolberg 18, 20, 23, 90 Pineda 42)

After this match we are in second place but matched on 9 points with Man City but have a far superior goal difference with putting 14 goals past APOEL

Summary

So this month has been amazing we scored 7 goals in 3 games Dolberg has scored 15 goals this month to put his tally at 25 in 16 games. He's been offered a new contract to try and keep him at the club a bit longer.

For January we have also completed the signing of Thomas Buitink for £2 million to give us a good back up striker for us to look to develop and get him into the national team.

League table

View attachment 64852

Last edited:
Tactic and Team Instructions

So after a really successful month I thought I'd share my tactics and team instructions and starting line up

So first up the tactics I play a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers

View attachment 64848

For the team insturctions I have found that these let me play free flowing and attacking football and scoring plenty of goals

View attachment 64846

November

nice short month with only 4 game so plenty of time for players to rest.

Ajax : 6 (de Ligt 25, Romero 31, 43, 45, 84, Pineda 39)
Utrecht: 1 (Bahebeck)

Romero upstaging Dolberg in this game who came in with 3 assists but its good for somebody else to bang in the goals.

NAC: 1 (Vloet)
Ajax: 3 (Huntelaar pen 51, pen 68, Neres 90+2)

A great win for the second string as everybody was getting a rest for a crucial champions league tie against Man City

Champions League

Ajax : 2 (Ziyech 29, Dolberg 84)
Man City: 0

An unbelievable tie in which we secure top spot. I hope with our goal difference then this should secure champions league football after Christmas with only 1 game to go we are 3 points ahead of Juventus and Man City.

Ajax : 1 (Pineda 8)
Roda Kerkrade: 0

Pineda with his 6th goal of the season to give us the 3 points.

Summary

So an exciting month as we all but guarantee champions league football after Christmas, we are also 11 points clear in the league but PSV have a game in hand.

We are also under a transfer embargo as a second takeover offer comes in so hopefully it goes through this time and can provide us some more funds for the January transfer window.

Dolberg has signed a new contract. It doesn't extend his stay but it gives him a bit more money and the teams interested in him have now fallen away.

League table

View attachment 64710

December

F.C. Twente: 1 (Vuckic 79)
Ajax : 6 (Dolberg 21, van de Beek 40, Romero 62, Kluivert 75, 86)

A great game and good to see other players getting the goals long with the strikers.

Champions League

Juventus: 2 (Higuain pen66, Bernardeschi 77)
Ajax: 0

Disappointing to lose this game but with only losing 2-0 we manage to secure top spot of the group with Juventus second. Man City go out in the group stages.

Ajax : 4 ( Huntelaar 22, 34, 90+3, Dolberg 49)
PSV: 1 (Locadia 45+2)

A great win in the other Derby of the season and Huntelaar showing he still has it at his age.

KNVB Beker

Ajax: 3 (van Gelderen 1, Doekhi 105, Romero 111)
Heracles: 1 (Darri 10)

We sent out a strong team here and it was disappointing but we won it in extra time so we continue

AZ: 1 (Weghorst 48)
Ajax: 3 (Dolberg 5, 35, Kluivert 20)

A solid win against one of the other big teams in the league and our 100% record continues

Ajax: 5 (van Gelderen 29, Sierhuis pen 37, 52, Neres 68, 79)
Excelsior: 2 (Elbers 58, Messaoud 72)

With all my first team strikers injured Sierhuis coming in he managed to lead the team of reserves to victory

Ajax: 4 (Sierhuis 13, 61, 72, Cassierra 90)
Willem II: 0

Sierhuis and Cassierra trying to prove why they should be promoted to the first team here and lying down a pretty strong marker for it.

Summary

So the board takeover saga continues so really hope it foes through quickly so the transfer embargo is lifted and we can sign some players in January.

An excellent month though with plenty of goals, nobody can stop these boys in the league.

The Champions league draw has been kind and we have been drawn against Sevilla with the first leg in Spain so if we can get a good result there is a chance we can win at home.

League table

View attachment 64601

Champions League table

View attachment 64600

Last edited:
January

Ajax: 5 (Buitink 8,59, Kluivert 41, Pineda 49, 52)
Feyenoord: 1 (Jorgensen 61)

First game after the winter break and Buitink comes in to replace the injured Dolberg and what a debut it is for the 17 year old.

KNVB Beker Quarter Final

Heerenveen: 1 (Veerman 64)
Ajax: 3 (Cassierra 19, Buitink 47, 58)

Buitink with another 2 goals and making me think about who will partner Dolberg upfront upon his return from injury

Utrecht: 0
Ajax: 1 (Wober)

A tougher game than it needed to be but we got the result that we needed.

Summary

So the month got off the way we wanted and there was a successful take over at the club. They have agrees to continue with the upgrade of the youth facilities. They have also added a further 3 million to my transfer budget and also given us the wage budget to hold onto our best players as they have doubled the budget to 950k a week.

We have invested the money wisely with tapping into the Brazilian market to try and sign the next big thing to come through the youth ranks.

First up is a new GK

View attachment 64463

Nicao comes in for 95k thanks to a release clause for foreign clubs and he looks like he should develop really well and could fight his way into the first team

Next up is a new CB

View attachment 64461

With lacking a bit of quality players for the CB position we spent most of our budget 10 million on Jose Roberto who if he develops as expected should develop into Brazil's next top defender

Finally a new MC

View attachment 64461

Jose Carlos comes into the squad for 80k with again a release clause for foreign clubs. He is a natual DM but I hope to retrain him to a CM, We have sent him out on loan to get him first team experience.

Overall transfers

View attachment 64460

League table

View attachment 64459

Ridiculous start so far in the league the tactic must be doing wonders! Good luck in the Champions League.

February

Ajax: 1 (Cerny 49)
N.A.C: 0

A tough game but we come through with the 3 points to keep our 100% record going

Roda Kerkrade: 1 (van Velzen 10)
Ajax: 2 (Romero 39, Huntelaar 2)

--

Ajax: 2 (Drommerl o.g. 12, Neres 81)
Twente: 0

A great win for our reserves for us resting key players for the champions league

Champions League 1st knockout Round

Sevilla: 1 (Navas 23)
Ajax: 2 (Ziyech 24, Romero 51)

A fantastic win and hopefully 2 away goals will see us into the next round as this run should hopefully show players what to expect and let us hold onto them

Zwolle: 1 (Saymak 70)
Ajax: 3 (Romero 6, Pen 65, Dolberg 26)

Continuing our fine run and showing we can bang in the goals

Ajax: 3 (Kluivert 13, Dolberg 17, 63)
ADO Den Haag: 1 (Becker 31)

--

Summary

We continue our run in the league and now have 9 games left can we go unbeaten?
We also take a good lead into the second leg of the champions league and hopefully we can hold on.
Next month brings the youth intake so fingers crossed we get the next big thing to come through the Ajax academy

League

View attachment 64327

Guys I've found this far too easy and I just can't bring myself to continue it now the update is out.

Watch this space for a more challenging story