An Account of an Amazing Atalanta (with added alliteration)

iMax

Reaction score
I've started a save as Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio, the mid table Serie A club with some potenitial quality players (Aquafresca, Guarante, Barreto). I plan on updating once a month and since it is currently July 1st, 2009 in my savegame, what better time to do the august update!

To start it off; Transfers:

I was given £2.9 million to make my summer signings with the aim of a top half finish and since I got 75% of all my transfer sales, that left me with £10.775 million including the above £2.9 million. However with the lovely trick of monthly incentives (paying for signings over 4 years) I managed to spend way more than that, amassing to 32.2 million.

Oh, Fabio Da Silva and Andrea Candreva are coming next year as they are on loan at Queens Park rangers and Livorno, respectively, and Andrej Kramaric is coming next year because of my 2 non-EU signings per year being filled up.

My thoughts on the signings:
Sergiy Kryvstov - Great, young center back. He didn't exactly solve my problems in the center of defense as he's young and is more so for the future but for 3 million I had to snap him up.
Anthony Annan - Another young player. Not even close to fulfilling his potential and he's almost a starter for me.
Pablo Mouche - Yes, that player who scored that hattrick with the Argentina U20s. He's a great buy but to find him you need to load the Argentine league and as seen from the screen shot above, he doesn't come cheap!
Marc Muniesa - If you couldn't tell by now, I'm foccusing on the youth side of things. At 17, he seems decent but I hope that he grows into a good first team squad player for me, I can't ask for much more from him.
Guillermo Burdissio - My first real 'senior' signing. Good CB and he fixes the problem I had in that position.
Douglas Costa - Last day, I probably could've got him for cheaper but I didnt have time to scout him as it was on the last day. You probably know enough about him.

Formation:
Strict 4-3-3. None of this 4-3-3 come 4-5-1 Arsenal/Barcelona style.

Matches so far:
Played a bunch of friendlies, won them all pretty convincingly, 3-0 being a popular score. Have had two league games:

V Pavma at Home - Was a tie 1-1. My new signing Pablo Mouche scored the goal that equalized the game after we went down 1-0 from a goal from a corner.
V Siena Away - 0-2 away win. The experienced midfielder Cristian Doni scored first after Pablo Mouche again showed up to find the second goal that confirmed the victory.