Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

An Alternative 4-3-1-2 - Plenty of CCC's (13.3.3)

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, FM-Base!

Firstly, it's been a while since I've uploaded a tactic for Football Manager, I think my last one was during FM11, and I do want to get across all the important information regarding the tactic, I don't want you to be sitting here reading for ages, so I'll try keep it short.

The Tactic:
View attachment 342157

Team Instructions:
View attachment 342156

Results so far with the tactic:
View attachment 342155
(Also played Newcastle (lost) and United (won) after the Liverpool game)

Champions League Group:
View attachment 342162

So far I've played 29 games with the tactic, of those 29 games I've won 23, drawn 4, lost 2. I've scored 64 goals and let-in 16. And I know not many people care about CCC's, and assume it's buggy, but just in-case you do, I've kept a note of how many I've had in the games I've played. In the 29 games, I've had 55 CCC's, which is almost an average of 2 per-game.

My Line-Up:
View attachment 342163

Regarding which stats players need for each position, I've found it depends on the person, some like their CB's to have a few different attributes, however if you're one of those who doesn't mine, or doesn't know, you should follow this guide by Raikan077: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...most-important-stats-per-position-thread.html

As for what the tactic gives you, it's nice, clean short-passing football, it doesn't focus on going out-wide or down the middle, it's a mix, the players seem to do what they feel is best and it seems to work the majority of the time. I'd also suggest making sure your BWM is a solid one, who can not only win the ball back, while your team is depending, but also has the ability to pick out a pass, he's normally the player to start of my attacking, so make sure his passing attribute is decent.

While I remember: I've only tested this with my Spurs save, so I have no idea if it'll work with whatever team you are, although I suspect if your team is better you'll have much better luck. It's not like my squad is 'super' either, I still have the likes of Caulker, Livermore, Kaboul & Walking.

If I've missed anything out, or you'd like to see more info, feel free to let me know and I'll update the OP as soon as I can.

You can download the tactic below, any feedback would be awesome. Let me know how you get on with it.

DOWNLOAD HERE
>> View attachment 342167 <<

Last edited:
Reaction score
do spurs start with a lot of money cos that is 1 **** of a team you got there may give this a go with my bayern save

Reaction score
do you have a screenshot of results after first season?

Staff member
Reaction score
do spurs start with a lot of money cos that is 1 **** of a team you got there may give this a go with my bayern save
In the first season, I think you get £21m. I'm in the 4th season, hence how I have Rooney ect.

do you have a screenshot of results after first season?
The results I posted are the ones I've used the tactic for, I'm not at the end of the season, yet. I'll update with more results once I've completed the season.

match training & general ?
Tactic for General, and Defensive Positions for Match Training

Reaction score
so did you use this in your first season or in your 4th after you had a very good team?

Staff member
Reaction score
so did you use this in your first season or in your 4th after you had a very good team?
I created the tactic in my 4th season. And I don't class my team as 'very good' - As you can see from the screenshot, it's small and has player there from the 1st season, it's got a few good player but it's nothing special.